[1.4.3] Kerbal Historical Institute presents Original KSP Parts 3.7 [04.05.18]

blspblackdeath

ugcvAX1.jpg

Our researchers were digging in the Kerbal History of Space Flight and they tumbled over some long forgotten parts.

Thanks to the work of our researchers and engineers here are the old parts from KSP.

Download:

SpaceDock

Curseforge (3.7 available)

Github

Kerbal Historical Institute 3.7 is here!!!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

NEWS:

- Updated the mod site after a long pause from KSP. It is still mostly working in 1.4

- Kerbal Historical Institute 3.7 is released.

- Kerbal Historical Institute 3.6 is released.

- Kerbal Historical Institute 3.5 is released.

- Kerbal Historical Institute 3.4 is released.

- Kerbal Historical Institute 3.3 is released.

- Kerbal Historical Institute 3.2 is released.

- Kerbal Historical Institute 3.1 is released.

- Kerbal Historical Institute 3.0 is released - play with old KSP parts in 1.0.

- Kerbal Historical Institute is teaming up with SparkyFox of [THREAD=97074]In With the New and the Old[/THREAD] to incorporate all the old spaceplane parts and aircraft.

(That's right, we're incorporating a mod. Where do you think we got that idea from?)

- Also new in this update is the Inline Reaction Wheel (from before it was miniaturised), the original Tri-Coupler, the old Rockomax Fuel Tanks, and a three-Kerbal version of the old Mk1 Pod.

- Thanks to TheMoonRover we got permission from SQUAD to officially distribute the old Spaceplane parts.

- Thanks SQUAD!!!

- I hereby announce that the [THREAD=74507]Kerbal Minds Corperation (KMC)[/THREAD] is now sponsoring the mod and that they will help contribute/assist the Kerbal Historical Institute where ever possible.

HAjo0q9.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Changelog:

• seanth got the animations working on the landing leg. So it is working now again finally!!!
  • Updated the PartCategories.cfg to include the "newest" parts
  • Added interior views to inline cockpits
  • Made sure Quest mk1-crew3 uses the generic interior 3 space
  • Adjusted attachment nodes on Quest mk1 parts so they don't hover

Big thank you to seanth who helped very much.

Parts added which were lost with KSP 1.4.

* TR-2V Stack Decoupler 
* TR-18A Stack Decoupler 
* Rockomax brand decoupler 
* TR-38-D 
* TR-2C Stack Separator 
* TR-18D Stack Separator 
* TR-XL Stack Separator 
* ROUND-8 Toroidal Fuel Tank 
* Rockomax X200-8 Fuel Tank (grey)
* Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank (grey)
* Rockomax X200-32 Fuel Tank (grey)
* Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank (grey)
* Mk 1-2 Pod 

Old Landing Leg still not working properly. Need help for that!!!

Changes in file structure for CKAN.

- A couple of engines had their thrust curves changed.

- Mk1 Fuselage fuel capacity increased.

- A couple of other minor tweaks and fixes.

- Added the Mk1 Inline Cockpit from v1.0.0 to v1.0.2

- A secret feature in career mode.

- Converted .png and .mbm format textures into the .dds format. (Better load times)

- Worked for all the part textures bar the oldest tri-coupler.

- Fixed a couple of errors in part configs which were flagged up in the debug log.

- Put both avionics nose cones in the same folder to avoid duplicated models and textures.

Added a IWNO and KHI Readme.

Updatet parts and ships to work in 1.0.

Parts added in Kerbal Historical Institute 3.0:

- Mk1 Inline Cockpit, corresponds to Mk1 Inline Cockpit, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- Sensor Array Computing Nose Cone, corresponds to CH-J3 Fly-By-Wire Avionics Hub, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- 1x6SolarPanels, corresponds to 1x6 Photovoltaic Panels Retractable, v0.24.2 to v0.90.0

- 2x3SolarPanels, corresponds to 2x3 Photovoltaic Panels Retractable, v0.24.2 to v0.90.0

- Advanced Canard, corresponds to Advanced Canard, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- Circular Intake, corresponds to Circular Intake, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- Engine Nacelle, corresponds to Engine Nacelle, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- Radial Engine Body, corresponds to Engine Pre-Cooler, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- Ram Air Intake, corresponds to Ram Air Intake, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- Standard Canard, corresponds to Standard Canard, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- Standard NC, corresponds to Small Nose Cone, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- Swept Wings, corresponds to Swept Wings, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- Tail Connector, corresponds to Tail Connector A, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- Tail Fin, corresponds to Tail Fin, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

- NCS Adapter, corresponds to NCS Adapter, v0.16.0 to v0.90.0

and maybe some more I frogot.

Parts added in Kerbal Historical Institute 0.21:

- the Inline Reaction Wheel (from before it was miniaturised)

- the original Tri-Coupler

- the old Rockomax Fuel Tanks

- the three-Kerbal version of the old Mk1 Pod

- All old spaceplane parts from the [THREAD=97074]IWNO[/THREAD] Mod

Partlist:

Here is a list of all included parts, together with the versions in which they were present in the stock game, and the name of the equivalent part in the current version of the game: KSP v. 1.0

The custom part filter organises the parts into the following categories. They have the same names and icons the stock game used from v0.7.3 to v0.17.1

Propulsion

> CF-A110 Fuel Tank, corresponds to the FL-T200 Fuel Tank, v0.14.0 to v0.17.1

> CF-A130 Fuel Tank, corresponds to the FL-T400 Fuel Tank, v0.13.0 to v0.17.1

> CF-A132 Fuel Tank, corresponds to the FL-T400 Fuel Tank, v0.7.3 to v0.12.0

> CF-A216 Fuel Tank, corresponds to the Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank, v0.16.0 to v0.17.1

> CF-A232 Fuel Tank, corresponds to the Rockomax X200-32 Fuel Tank, v0.16.0 to v0.17.1

> CF-R250 RCS Fuel Tank, corresponds to the FL-R25 RCS Fuel Tank v0.11.0 to v0.17.1

> LT-200 Liquid Fuel Engine, corresponds to the LV-T45 Liquid Fuel Engine, v0.12.0 to v0.17.1

> LT-215 Liquid Fuel Engine, corresponds to the LV-T30 Liquid Fuel Engine, v0.7.3 to v0.17.1

> LT-909 Liquid Fuel Engine, corresponds to the LV-909 Liquid Fuel Engine, v0.14.0 to v0.17.1

> SB-1 Solid Fuel Booster, corresponds to the RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster, v0.8.0 to v0.17.1

> SB-B&W Solid Fuel Booster, corresponds to the RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster, v0.7.3 only

> Mk1 Fuselage - Jet Fuel, corresponds to the Mk1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage, v0.15.0 to v0.24.2

> Mk2 to Size 1 adapter, corresponds to the Mk2 to 1.25m Adapter, v0.15.0 to v0.24.2

> Mk2 Fuselage - Jet Fuel, corresponds to Mk2 Liquid Fuel Fuselage, v0.15.0 to v0.24.2

> Mk3 to Mk2 Adapter, from v0.15.0 to v0.25.0

> Mk3 Fuselage - Jet Fuel, from v0.15.0 to v0.25.0

Command & Control

> Anti-Spin Module, corresponds to the Small Inline Reaction Wheel, v0.7.3 to v0.17.1

> F.F.M. Module, corresponds to the Advanced Inline Stabilizer, v0.11.0 to v0.17.1

> RV-25 RCS Thruster Block, corresponds to the RV-105 RCS Thruster Block, v0.11.0 to v0.17.1

> Quest Mk1 Probe Core/Command Pod/Original Three, corresponds to the Command Pod Mk1, v0.7.3 to v0.15.2

> Mk1 Cockpit, corresponds to Mk1 Cockpit, v0.15.0 to v0.24.2

> Mk3 Cockpit, from v0.15.0 to v0.25.0

> Mk1 Inline Cockpit, corresponds to Mk1 Inline Cockpit, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Sensor Array Computing Nose Cone, corresponds to CH-J3 Fly-By-Wire Avionics Hub, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Inline Reaction Wheel, corresponds to the Small Inline Reaction Wheel, v0.18.0 to v0.24.2

Electrical

> 1x6SolarPanels, corresponds to 1x6 Photovoltaic Panels Retractable, v0.24.2 to v0.90.0

> 2x3SolarPanels, corresponds to 2x3 Photovoltaic Panels Retractable, v0.24.2 to v0.90.0

Structural & Aerodynamic

> ALT-F4 Winglet, corresponds to the AV-T1 Winglet, v0.7.3 to v0.20.2

> Sepratron 16B Stack Decoupler, corresponds to the TR-18A Stack Decoupler, v0.7.3 to v0.17.1

> Sepratron 800 Radial Decoupler, corresponds to the TT-38K Radial Decoupler, v0.7.3 to v0.17.1

> Standard Control Surface, corresponds to the Elevon 1, v0.15.0 to v0.24.2

> Small Control Surface, corresponds to the Elevon 4, v0.15.0 to v0.24.2

> Delta Wing, corresponds to Delta Wing, v0.15.0 to v0.24.2

> Structural Wing, corresponds to the Structural Wing Type A, v0.15.0 to v0.24.2

> Structural Fuselage, corresponds to the Mk1 Structural Fuselage, v0.15.0 to v0.24.2

> Wing Connector, corresponds to Wing Connector Type A, v0.15.0 to v0.24.2

> Advanced Canard, corresponds to Advanced Canard, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Circular Intake, corresponds to Circular Intake, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Engine Nacelle, corresponds to Engine Nacelle, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Radial Engine Body, corresponds to Engine Pre-Cooler, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Ram Air Intake, corresponds to Ram Air Intake, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Standard Canard, corresponds to Standard Canard, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Standard NC, corresponds to Small Nose Cone, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Swept Wings, corresponds to Swept Wings, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Tail Connector, corresponds to Tail Connector A, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> Tail Fin, corresponds to Tail Fin, v0.15.0 to v0.90.0

> NCS Adapter, corresponds to NCS Adapter, v0.16.0 to v0.90.0

Utility & Scientific

> TC-470 Stack Tri-Coupler, corresponds to the TVR-1180C Mk1 Stack Tri-Coupler, v0.7.3 to v0.8.4

> TC-740 Stack Tri-Coupler, corresponds to the TVR-1180C Mk1 Stack Tri-Coupler, v0.8.5 to v0.17.1

> CF-L1 Landing Struts, corresponds to the LT-1 Landing Struts, v0.16.0 to v0.21.1

> Satellite Dish 88, corresponds to the Communotron 88-88, v0.18.0 to v0.21.1

Shiplist:

Here is a list of all included ships, along with the game version they were last present in. In terms of structure, they are exact replicas of the originals. Ships listed as reconstrctions were never in the stock game.

SPH - Spaceplane Hangar

> Aeris 3A (Original), last in v0.24.2 (First Contract)

> Aeris 4A (Original), last in v0.24.2 (First Contract)

> Albatross 3 (Original), last in v0.24.2 (First Contract)

> Ravenspear Mk1 (Original), last in v0.24.2 (First Contract)

> Ravenspear Mk3 (Original), last in v0.24.2 (First Contract)

> Ravenspear Mk4 (Original), last in v0.24.2 (First Contract)

VAB - Vehicle Assembly Building

> Kerbal 1A (Demo), only in v0.18.3 (Demo)

> Kerbal 1A (Original), a reconstruction of the Kerbal 1A with old parts.

> Kerbal 5 (Demo), only in v0.18.3 (Demo)

> Kerbal 5 (Original), a reconstruction of the Kerbal 5 with old parts.

> Kerbal X (Original), last in v0.17.1

Known issues:

1: The command pod has been made unmanned as there were never any internals made.

The parts are edited slightly (name, description, and modules). I did this not only to make them work in the new game, but also so they don't overwrite the newer parts and are a bit different. (You can change all that in the part file).

A message from Fiddlestyx:

Fiddlestyx said:

Hi everyone.

Fiddlestyx here,

It has been a while since this mod was lost and I know a few of you have been wanting it back, so here it is.

I originally released this mod over a year ago. At some point I didn't have time for KSP anymore and the mod drifted away, SpacePort got taken down and the mod was lost. I'd like to thank Blspblackdeath for getting this mod back for everyone to use. I have given the mod over to Blspblackdeath to host and be responsible for. Unfortunately, I don't have much time for KSP anymore. I am still active on the forums and will be around to help if any problems arise, though.

I would also like to thank, Camelotking524, Blspblackdeath and Nli2work for the work they did in helping make this mod. I couldn't have done it by myself.

Have fun,

Fiddle

Another thank you goes to the newest member of the Kerbal Historical Institute TheMoonRover who principally contributed in the last update.

All credit goes to Squad for the original parts.

Part fix by Fiddlestyx, TechTree inclusion & Nodefix by Blspblackdeath, Fuel tank fixed by Nli2work, part fix &TechTree inclusion TheMoonRover, part fix &TechTree inclusion SparkyFox, Landing Leg fix & several fixes senath.

Almost every very part of the new update in this rocket:

T2H9rNQ.jpg

bW8yO25.jpg

If you like show us your creations with the "new" old KSP parts down below.

License:

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

EsxchfE.jpg

Edited by blspblackdeath
Update

The old landing gear would be nice addition. Also would be nice, if the command module would house at least one kerbal. Even if the IVA was half-assed.

http://i50.tinypic.com/iy3muw.png

Hi, yes the landing legs will be included in the next update.

I will release them when I'm back home at Friday or Saturday.

Update is now online.

The new "old landing legs" are now included in the pack.

I still have a problem which I will need some help with.

With the landing leg comes a sound file. I edited the part file to play it but it doesn't work.

I think someone needs to write a plugin for the sound file.

But thats out of my league.

Another update:

Because there were requests for a manned Mk1 pod.

I looked into the files Fiddlestyx mentioned earlier. Orginaly made by Camelotking524.

I made them work for 0.25 and changed the pod to 1 Kerbal and the stock Mk1 IVA.

Edited by blspblackdeath

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It was a modpart.

I did some searching. It appears the original thread still exists. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/9270-0-17-Multiversal-Mechatronics-Munolith-Research-Division-1-3

That part made finding an anomaly realy fun.

A video showing it in action is here:

Edited by TheCardinal

Hi, I downloaded this mod a long time ago from the spaceport link on the old thread. Since then I've been keeping my own copy up to date - to the best of my ability - including any more parts which have been removed from the game, mostly spaceplane parts. I've also kept all the stats (mostly) the same as for the current equivalent parts, using the original part titles (with the word Antique, Vintage or Classic, for distinction) and the original part descriptions*. I also have the black and white solid booster from 0.7.3, the planes from immediately before SPP integration, and the ships from the demo all working in 0.90, with a custom part category set up for the old parts with the old categories. Anyway, the reason I'm saying all this is that I was considering releasing it as a mod (before I found out this was still being maintained). So, can I release the mod anyway including the content I adapted from Fiddlestyx's version of this mod, and/or work with you to somehow incorporate our two versions as one mod?

*(Call it dedication, call it keeping the (potential) mod balanced with the game and not breaking immersion, call it OCD, it's probably some combination of those)

EDIT: Or I could just release the parts I've updated, provide a link to this thread, and include a ModuleManager patch so that your parts (if present) have different confgis to match mine. What do you think?

Edited by TheMoonRover
Duplicated text in edit

Hi back,

first of I would love a cooperation. Send me a PM to discuss it further.

But there are some things which we need to consider:

Every mod needs a license and the latest spaceplane parts are prohibited to be released in a mod by Squad. But parts before version 0.18 are ok.

Thats why I didn't include the parts which were replaced by 0.25.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.