[1.4.3] Kerbal Historical Institute presents Original KSP Parts 3.7 [04.05.18]

blspblackdeath

Pls three-kerbal pod!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi back,

first of I would love a cooperation. Send me a PM to discuss it further.

But there are some things which we need to consider:

Every mod needs a license and the latest spaceplane parts are prohibited to be released in a mod by Squad. But parts before version 0.18 are ok.

Thats why I didn't include the parts which were replaced by 0.25.

But if someone were still to own the Spaceplane parts from 0.24, then they could have them for themselves. Though the REAL gold is that from 0.15. And they would be allowed to release from that time, unless I'm mistaken.

Pls three-kerbal pod! <snip>

But if someone were still to own the Spaceplane parts from 0.24, then they could have them for themselves. Though the REAL gold is that from 0.15. And they would be allowed to release from that time, unless I'm mistaken.

The original three-kerbal pod is a good idea. I suppose a third version can't hurt, as long as it doesn't bug out with the internal being the wrong size.

I asked about the spaceplane parts and it's fine with SQUAD. The idea is/was to have them in a separate folder for ease of deletion if people want to use their own copy*

We also plan to hopefully add a couple more parts from 0.17 to the next version. I can't promise anything until I've had time to test them out though.

*Well actually the original reason was so that blspblackdeath could easily remove them before we knew whether we could include them or not.

Edited by TheMoonRover
lost a few words

The original three-kerbal pod is a good idea. I suppose a third version can't hurt, as long as it doesn't bug out with the internal being the wrong size.

I asked about the spaceplane parts and it's fine with SQUAD. The idea is/was to have them in a separate folder for ease of deletion if people want to use their own copy*

We also plan to hopefully add a couple more parts from 0.17 to the next version. I can't promise anything until I've had time to test them out though.

*Well actually the original reason was so that blspblackdeath could easily remove them before we knew whether we could include them or not.

Using the 0.15 versions would be really cool! I have those parts, I could send you the parts!

Unless it is illegal. I won't do that if it's illegal. I also don't know if it's illegal.

Using the 0.15 versions would be really cool! I have those parts, I could send you the parts!

Unless it is illegal. I won't do that if it's illegal. I also don't know if it's illegal.

I've got the old structural pylon and two Rockomax fuel tanks. As far as we're aware (by we, I mean myself, blspblackdeath and the ksp wiki), the only other thing that has changed which is not currently in the mod is the old poodle engine. Unless you know differently?

SQUAD are fine with us releasing the parts as a mod, so I can't see them taking exception to you sending any parts to us for the mod. Also if one of your parts was to be included, I'd have to clear it with blspblackdeath, since it's technically his mod, but I can't see him taking exception either.

EDIT: My signature does seem rather redundant when it's linking the page it's on. I meant to disable it for this post. Ah, well.

SQUAD are fine with us releasing the parts as a mod, so I can't see them taking exception to you sending any parts to us for the mod. Also if one of your parts was to be included, I'd have to clear it with blspblackdeath, since it's technically his mod, but I can't see him taking exception either.

No objection on my side.

EDIT: How do you find my signature?!?

EDIT: How do you find my signature?!?

Are you joking, or did I not understand you properly?

EDIT: I misread that. Very original :D It doesn't have quite the same impact though.

Is there any way to get the old Mk3 cockpit back? I have several craft that I spent far too long building and testing that I would like to resurrect! Any help would be mint (y)

We're working on it.

Edited by TheMoonRover
impact

Are you joking, or did I not understand you properly?

EDIT: I misread that. Very original :D It doesn't have quite the same impact though.

We're working on it.

ive had the mk3 parts back since 2 hours after the update, its been on curse and i think it was the first or 3rd mod for .90

ive had the mk3 parts back since 2 hours after the update, its been on curse and i think it was the first or 3rd mod for .90

I'm not entirely sure what you're implying there, if anything, but when I said working on it, I meant as in working on a release, not working on updating the parts to be included. I also kept the Mk3 parts from before 0.90 for myself, but never released them. I was intending to contribute the spaceplane parts to this mod, before I ever knew about you or your mod. I'm not trying to take credit for anything you've done or anything like that. Just to be clear :)

Edited by TheMoonRover

I'm not entirely sure what you're implying there, if anything, but when I said working on it, I meant as in working on a release, not working on updating the parts to be included. I also kept the Mk3 parts from before 0.90 for myself, but never released them. I was intending to contribute the spaceplane parts to this mod, before I ever knew about you or your mod. I'm not trying to take credit for anything you've done or anything like that. Just to be clear :)

ohh, ok :) i was meaning i already made a mod that brings back the old mk3 parts too, like if you were wondering

A new update is released!

NEWS:

- Thanks to TheMoonRover we got permission from SQUAD to officially distribute the old Spaceplane parts.

- Thanks SQUAD!!!

- I hereby announce that the Kerbal Minds Corperation (KMC) is now sponsoring the mod and that they will help contribute/assist the Kerbal Historical Institute where ever possible.

Changelog:

Parts added in Kerbal Historical Institute 0.21:

- the Inline Reaction Wheel (from before it was miniaturised)

- the original Tri-Coupler

- the old Rockomax Fuel Tanks

- the three-Kerbal version of the old Mk1 Pod

- All old spaceplane parts from the IWNO Mod

Do you know what can complement this parts? An option to turn on the old SAS functionality.

Do you remember it? It was very rigid and you couldn't override it with the keyboard when it was on. And the SAS was different to the ASAS.

Do you know what can complement this parts? An option to turn on the old SAS functionality.

Do you remember it? It was very rigid and you couldn't override it with the keyboard when it was on. And the SAS was different to the ASAS.

It would require a stiff plugin- plus many PHYSICS changes have happened since then... for one- SAS didn't need power- now it does. Another was it applied a general force to whole spacecraft rather than the new force from one point where the SAS module is.... Also it was VERY VERY VERY bad for things like RCS since it would burn through it while you were trying to dock another spacecraft!!

So is it possible? Yes- but it would not be the same as it was in .20... it would still be very different to what we used to know due to many changes in game.

• 2 weeks later...
It would require a stiff plugin- plus many PHYSICS changes have happened since then... for one- SAS didn't need power- now it does. Another was it applied a general force to whole spacecraft rather than the new force from one point where the SAS module is.... Also it was VERY VERY VERY bad for things like RCS since it would burn through it while you were trying to dock another spacecraft!!

So is it possible? Yes- but it would not be the same as it was in .20... it would still be very different to what we used to know due to many changes in game.

The old SAS modules still exist in the code, you can download the old versions of KSPX to see how they work.

If not, might I suggest you make the FFM Module a Probe Core? A big, massive, bulky thing sure, but at least you're not endangering Kerbal life. It reminds me of the oldest versions of NovaPunch, there was a Remote Guidance Unit that was a big cylinder, and the IVA Kerbals were presumably in the control room, but with a bomb linked to the ship's wellbeing.

The old SAS modules still exist in the code, you can download the old versions of KSPX to see how they work.

Since the demo uses the old SAS system, presumably the relevant info could be obtained from there just as easily. I might look into it when I have more time, but if a plugin is required, there's nothing I can do. I don't know if blspblackdeath has the time or ability either.

EDIT - Devnote Thursday - 2nd April 2015

I now have more time, so I'm starting research into the old SAS Modules this weekend.

EDIT - Devnote Wednesday - 29th April 2015

KHI 3.0 is ready to test. Unfortunately I couldn't get the old SAS Modules working properly in KSP 1.0

ASAS appears to have been deleted altogether, and the old SAS Module displays in the Editor but doesn't work in flight.

Edited by TheMoonRover
Devnote Wednesday (no it's not an actual thing)

• 1 month later...

Ive already updated part for 1.0, its uploading in my dropbox and ive added the standard nose cone, the antenna nosecone and the mk1 inline cockpit, im planning to add any of the adapters

AND I FORGOT! i need to fix parts with tweakscale, buti will wait til 1.0 is actually out

can we make this mod the first 1.0 mod?p

im adding the nosecone adapter and nose cone sensor array

im gonna give blsblackdeath a new dropbox link because i added 2 more parts

im gonna be added any of the crafts thats been changed from the new parts(i think kerbal x will be changed because of the nose cones )

!!UPDATE!!

all the wings in IWNO need rebalanced for the new aero dynamics, ive already started

6more wings to rebalance

Edited by SparkyFox

Thanks to TheMoonRover our next update 3.1 is released.

Changelog:

- Converted .png and .mbm format textures into the .dds format.

- Worked for all the part textures bar the oldest tri-coupler.

- Fixed a couple of errors in part configs which were flagged up in the debug log.

- Put both avionics nose cones in the same folder to avoid duplicated models and textures.

• 2 weeks later...
This mod is nice, but why a Black and White engine? I would be happy if you had a full-color varient of it.

Do you mean the solid booster? This mod adds two: one yellow-ish (SB-1) and one black and white (SB-B&W)

The black and white version is taken from KSP version 0.7.3 and the other version is later.

If that's not what you mean, something might have gone wrong with your download.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.