[1.4.3] Kerbal Historical Institute presents Original KSP Parts 3.7 [04.05.18]

blspblackdeath

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 6:59 PM, seanth said:

@Bej Kerman that's a cool idea. I can definitely see the appeal to the BUT, I feel like that should be a fork in the project. For some situations it's nice to have the older parts remain as stand alone parts.

I'd understand. Maybe a category (old parts) with subcategories (Versions) that contain subcategories (part functions) would help split the modern parts from the old ones. Custom categories within categories are possible, so it could be possible use the cat' structure /^\ above /^\ .

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2016 at 2:38 AM, Ethannn said:

You should add the old LY-10 Landing gear in the next version of this mod!

Image result for KSP Old landing gear

(By the way thank you so much for this mod,

it still makes me nostalgic every time I load the game.)

I’ve added it to my competing mod, OldPartsRedux. I don’t normally like to advertise, but as KHI is out of date now you can upgrade to 1.6 with OldPartsRedux and get a similar experience as soon I’ll be offering all the KHI parts.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

On 11/30/2018 at 9:01 PM, Bej Kerman said:

I'd understand. Maybe a category (old parts) with subcategories (Versions) that contain subcategories (part functions) would help split the modern parts from the old ones. Custom categories within categories are possible, so it could be possible use the cat' structure /^\ above /^\ .

Oh my god that’s genius! I’m gonna add that to OldPartsRedux, that’d be really useful. I might see if I can add a toolbar icon for my mod and set it up to let you choose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

im shamed to see this mod die, there could have been so much potential to revive some old other C7 parts from C7 experimental pack & Flight Pack 2.15.. like:

Mk3 Half Tank
Mk2 Half Tank
Mk2 SAS Module (SAS-Mk2-Light)
Mk3 SAS/RCS Module (RCS-Mk3-Light)
(Note: in C7 Experimental, the Radial Engine Body and Engine Nacelle were both considered a Nacelle altogether, because their part names where Nacelle-F1 and F2..)
0.625m versions of the Radial Engine Body, Engine Nacelle, Ram Air Intake, Circular Intake, Turbo Ramjet Engine, Basic Jet Engine, AX-302, and the Torodial Aerospike Engine.
AX-301 Engine
AX-302 Engine
C7-FE-01 Jet Fuel Tank
C7-TR-Fuel
Mk2 & Mk3 RCS Tanks
C7-EXP-Bolt Mk2

i hope some of the parts (Especially the TR-Fuel and EXP-Bolt Mk2) could get some names atleast.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:51 AM, TriggeredSnake said:

I’ve added it to my competing mod, OldPartsRedux. I don’t normally like to advertise, but as KHI is out of date now you can upgrade to 1.6 with OldPartsRedux and get a similar experience as soon I’ll be offering all the KHI parts.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Oh my god that’s genius! I’m gonna add that to OldPartsRedux, that’d be really useful. I might see if I can add a toolbar icon for my mod and set it up to let you choose.

Did you manage to get the animation working for the LY-10? I couldn't get it working previously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/29/2019 at 1:15 PM, seanth said:

Did you manage to get the animation working for the LY-10? I couldn't get it working previously.

I think it worked when I first added it back in 1.6, so it should work when I update the mod to 1.7. If not, I'll work on fixing it.

On 4/14/2019 at 5:20 PM, fruitsbar said:

can this be updated to 1.6.1 please? Or is it already being worked on, sorry I post too fast without looking.

I think the mod is just full on dead these days, there hasn't been any news since 1.4.3. My mod OldPartsRedux is the only mod I know of that adds the old parts.

On 6/5/2019 at 4:10 AM, TriggeredSnake said:

I think it worked when I first added it back in 1.6, so it should work when I update the mod to 1.7. If not, I'll work on fixing it.

I think the mod is just full on dead these days, there hasn't been any news since 1.4.3. My mod OldPartsRedux is the only mod I know of that adds the old parts.

Does this _need_ an update? I haven't checked, but I'd be shocked if these stopped working.

I guess it doesn't have the recently retired textures though

3 hours ago, seanth said:

Does this _need_ an update? I haven't checked, but I'd be shocked if these stopped working.

I guess it doesn't have the recently retired textures though

Although I haven’t produced a version for 1.7.1 yet, OldPartsRedux should work perfectly as I’ve designed the mod to work on any version post 1.0. KHI will maybe still work if you’d rather use that for whatever reason. Unfortunately, KHI’s 1.4 update was a straight port from 1.3, and the creator described it as “mostly working” which implies to me that if the update from 1.3 to 1.4 broke stuff the mod probably won’t be working very well now, if at all.

Also, I finally have acquired all the files I need to create a working version of 0.17, which will allow me to add the last of the parts from KHI that OldPartsRedux doesn’t include yet, along with some new ones. I’m doing a big reorganisation of the mod, changing the way I name parts to include to the version the came from, as a way of cleaning things up and resolving some conflicts, but when I’m done I’ll post a 1.7.1 version with these new features.

Edited by TriggeredSnake

2 hours ago, TriggeredSnake said:

Unfortunately, KHI’s 1.4 update was a straight port from 1.3, and the creator described it as “mostly working” which implies to me that if the update from 1.3 to 1.4 broke stuff the mod probably won’t be working very well now, if at all.

My understanding was the "mostly working" applied to the parts with animations (landing gear and landing legs). KSP redid aspects of how the animations on models were handled, so the older parts didn't work. I helped with the landing legs, but last I saw the landing gear wasn't working correctly.

Pretty sure the rest Just Works™

5 hours ago, seanth said:

My understanding was the "mostly working" applied to the parts with animations (landing gear and landing legs). KSP redid aspects of how the animations on models were handled, so the older parts didn't work. I helped with the landing legs, but last I saw the landing gear wasn't working correctly.

Pretty sure the rest Just Works™

Oh okay.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.