All craft spin right in space.

My issue is that all my craft will spin right (as if holding d down) while in space despite SAS & engines being off. I read that this can happen due to part clipping, but to my knowledge there is no accidental clipping in my ships. Craft will spin whether I have SAS on or off, if I'm trying to do a burn, I have to manually hold the ship in place with RCS.

I have FAR & RemoteTech installed.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Cheers.

I tried the alt + x fix, seemed to work on some craft but not others. Other times quick saving then loading fixed it, or a combination of both. Some of my craft spin even after all these fixes. Centre of mass shouldn't be an issue, as they are not burning so there should be no forces acting upon them. I think I might just clean install KSP and mods, maybe something got screwed up.

Sounds like a CoT issue to me, as Starwhip said. This is more noticable if you are using an engine that does not have thrust vectoring like the LVT-30 or the the Aerospike, because they do not have the ability to correct. Knowing how your ship is built could help diagnose the issue, so post some screenshots.

Make sure you diagnose in the VAB with that stage only, ensure the Center of Thrust ball is directly inline with the center of Mass ball. If it's off to the side it will induce rotation.

Edited by Alshain

Thanks, but this is happening when ships are not performing a burn, i.e. at 0 thrust, with RCS & SAS off - so CoT & CoM are irrelevant in this case.

I just put a probe core + 2 symetrical batteries up to double check, no RCS, no engines & it still span. In this case alt + x followed by f5 - f9 fixed the spin, so I guess it must just be a trimming issue?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.