What is the coolest thing you've done in KSP?

BarackOshizzle

Landed this #A-TEAM2014KERBINCUP It was a pain to land on the Mün and i also landed it next to the kracken on BOP.

That thing was a behemoth, I think the A-Team should have been picked to go on to the next round. (Certainly not biased here.. hehe).

I'd say one of the coolest things I've done was help make this:

Specifically, sending that huge Space carrier at 0:06 into orbit (those wing parts do not help), refueling and sending up it's fleet of mini-ship-fighter-things , then going to Laythe. Also that explosion at 0:58.

Edited by Ival70

First attempt at making a detachable/extendable 2 part ship that is supposed to work landed on low grav bodies & in space for 2.5m parts.

Still busting my head against the wall on how to make it extend itself though while looking ok`ish and not ripping itself apart...

YixlPMW.png

Pain in the arse to be honest...

http://imgur.com/a/2eZIS

Made a Saturn V out of a combination of mod parts. It flew pretty close to the real thing. Best planned mission I did with it was a direct ascent to free return trajectory that had a Kerbin periapse of 30km. Never once fired the service module engine, i was able to separate and land the LEM in a manner that bought me down where the Comand module was gonna be, EVA and plant a flag, take some screenshots and rendezvous as it came around the Mün.

First attempt at making a detachable/extendable 2 part ship that is supposed to work landed on low grav bodies & in space for 2.5m parts.

Still busting my head against the wall on how to make it extend itself though while looking ok`ish and not ripping itself apart...

Pain in the arse to be honest...

http://imgur.com/a/2eZIS

That looks awesome! What exactly are you trying to do with it? Make it extend forwards and backwards? Why? It honestly looks good as it is I'm not sure how you want to improve it :P

Oh and where did you get those cargo bays? ;)

As for me..probably this little guy - The Turtle. Not-shown but it's also a vtol with 4 b9 vtol engines clipped inside. My favorite part of this mission was the intercept straight out of coasting to apo.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

followed by attempting to dock a kethane rig into the Salamander(mothership) at my station. You can also see the Turtle docked at the top of the station. They were bound for the Joolian system before the krakenstrike

Edited by How2FoldSoup

I deployed the drogue chutes on a Duna lander at too high of a speed and tore them off, forcing me to land under power. Because of this, I had much less fuel than I was expecting for the return trip. I ended up running out during my escape burn. At first I thought the crew was screwed, but I saw that they actually wouldn't end up too far from Kerbin's SOI. Ended up sending an empty pod up and retrieving them like an asteroid rendezvous.

My laythe lander ran into issues on ascent at 25000 meters(if by "into" you mean "out of" and "issues" you mean intake air, fuel and not being a cartwheeling explosion-disaster), so Jeb got out, while still in atmo, and EVA packed his way into orbit and rendezvous with the station. Best parts of KSP are always when **** hits the fan and you have to improvise on the fly.

That looks awesome! What exactly are you trying to do with it? Make it extend forwards and backwards? Why? It honestly looks good as it is I'm not sure how you want to improve it :P

Oh and where did you get those cargo bays? ;)

The parts are from the RetroFuture mod, I added my own tweakscale cfg so I can reuse parts http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84054-v-25-RetroFuture-v1-6-6-VTOLOERAMA :)

The idea was being able to extend the back so that landed I could simply move a 2.5m load into place on some sort of wheel structure instead messing around with a crane, in space the idea to have it clamp to another ship and with a robotic arm transfer it.

This ship needs to look relatively ok`ish but also not use shortcuts like simply adding deployable rover wheels, doesn`t works in space, feels abit cheaty and isn`t really something structule feasable so I want it to extend :)

Still beating my head against the wall...

Ran into this issue yesterday, it worked eventually, but a very painful expirience even if it was kind of fun :)

The second ship is the 1.25 satt deployer that I abused for a 2.5m load tryout.

So instead of simply launching everything from Kerbin like I did in previous games, I`m actually building and moving everything in a non rocket spam way wich is a challange :huh:

Edited by Kamuchi

The parts are from the RetroFuture mod, I added my own tweakscale cfg so I can reuse parts http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84054-v-25-RetroFuture-v1-6-6-VTOLOERAMA :)

The idea was being able to extend the back so that landed I could simply move a 2.5m load into place on some sort of wheel structure instead messing around with a crane, in space the idea to have it clamp to another ship and with a robotic arm transfer it.

This ship needs to look relatively ok`ish but also not use shortcuts like simply adding deployable rover wheels, doesn`t works in space, feels abit cheaty and isn`t really something structule feasable so I want it to extend :)

Still beating my head against the wall...

Ran into this issue yesterday, it worked eventually, but a very painful expirience even if it was kind of fun :)

The second ship is the 1.25 satt deployer that I abused for a 2.5m load tryout.

http://imgur.com/a/mpESi

So instead of simply launching everything from Kerbin like I did in previous games, I`m actually building and moving everything in a non rocket spam way wich is a challange :huh:

That...is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I'm stealing your ideas. I hope you don't mind :P Where did you get the arm mods from too?

That...is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I'm stealing your ideas. I hope you don't mind :P Where did you get the arm mods from too?

Thanks and go ahead, I`m having quite some fun with my Mun constructions and transportations :)

The robot arms are Infernal Robotics ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37707-0-25-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Infernal-Robotics-0-19-2 ) with the reworked parts http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65365-WIP-MSI-s-Infernal-Robotics-Model-Rework-(Structural-Pre-Release)

Getting used to operating them will take abit of practice and in space it will wobble like mad without a few tweaks ;)

I did found a nice small trick when moving larger parts that I applied to my Mun crane, per arm I have 2 Quantum struts attached so when needing to swing load around I can activate them to strengthen the joints as anti wobble :)

They work great for nearly everything that can be attached/detached, dock and press an action group you set to toggle :P

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93818-0-24-2-QuantumStrutsContinued-1-1-Magical-Struts-for-Rigidifying-Outside-the-VAB!

*edit*

Figured out the extending part to add to your idea list, here she is :P ( https://imgur.com/a/2eZIS )

6 extendatrons for extending the ships, inbuilt double magnet crane & vtol capability with 720 thrust.

Still need to build the underside for com balance, landing gear, strut to avoid ripping itself apart and ofcourse figure out if more fuel is required with vtol helper engines.Also the question is if it will launch in 1 piece or if it will require assambly in 2 parts (wouldn`t be suprised) :)

kr2VYMT.png

Edited by Kamuchi

My Hawkeye Cruiser:

ZHj7RaE.jpg

Kerbin Orbit w/ lander can

Best ship I've ever made. Fully capable of reaching anywhere in the solar system and sciencing (it's a word now) the f*** out of the place.

Plenty of docking ports for fuel cans, landers (like the one shown in the picture), spaceplanes, etc. etc.

Basically the only way to make better ships (IMO) is to make em look better... but basically, this ship does everything.

FMDdsl7.jpg

Low pass over Moho

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.