[1.4.5] LFO Balancer Rebirth

peachoftree

How do you want the fuel to be dumped?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want the fuel to be dumped?

• Seperate Valve Part
    • Command Parts (cockpits, command pods)
    • Mix (Option in command pod, needs valve to function)

After a long hiatus from ksp modding, (I last updated this mod in version 0.25 lol) I'm back!

LFO Balancer dumps excess oxidizer out of the tanks when flying on jet engines but keeping enough to burn all your fuel when you switch to rockets, allowing you to have a lower mass while in flight. It works by making sure that there is the correct ratio (11/9) of oxidizer to liquid fuel across the vessel. It respects locked resources and also includes an advanced tweakable to completely exclude a tank from the balancing calculations.

Please post any bugs or feature requests on the issue page on github.

Available on CKAN or Download from Github

Source

Requires Module Manager (but what doesn't these days)

Changelog
version 1.2.0

• Updated for KSP 1.4.5
  • Added App Launcher Button
  • Removed requirement for valve part
  • Exclude tanks using advanced tweakable
  • Respects locked resources
Edited by peachoftree
Updated for 1.4.5

That's genius! Will download when x64 becomes more stable (I'm not playing until then). I could be waiting a while.

You've probably heard this before but linux x64 is 100% as stable as win32. It is not as hard to install as you think and runs just fine along windows / osx, you only need to set aside some space on your hard disk (around 10 gb, ~3gb for system files and 7gb extra)

Also I forgot to add an option to the poll so if you want it done another way (toolbar etc) leave a reply below!

Edited by peachoftree

Note that Linux may have a few issues with ATI graphics cards drivers. I switched back to Win7 because of this.

Great job anyway with your mod. This is my cue to get into spaceplane engineering.

Linux user with ATI card (MSI R7 260x 2GDDR5) -- either run with xserver 1.15, kernel less than 3.17 and Catalyst 14.9 or xserver 1.16, kernel 3.17, and radeon driver (or use the Ubuntu 14.10 Catalyst 14.6 tweaked to use xserver 1.16...IMHO, radeon with kernel 3.17 is better than Catalyst 14.6). Either setup works decently enough...AA might not work, but that's about it really.

I just have to pipe in with the issue of engines with a different mix than the default LF 0.9 - OX 1.1 ratios. Can this mod take into account the fuel-intake ratios of the currently running engines? I can see this being useful in designs that are not made for a specific purpose only, such as reusable crafts where they may be forced to cross through an atmospheric area more than once or twice in a single flight. This way they are not stuck with loss of engine usage, but still having excess fuel of the wrong type in the tanks, and having to find a way to dump it all manually. Just need to get it modular enough to handle any other fuel types we modders can come up with, and all of their strange mix ratios.

You've probably heard this before but linux x64 is 100% as stable as win32. It is not as hard to install as you think and runs just fine along windows / osx, you only need to set aside some space on your hard disk (around 10 gb, ~3gb for system files and 7gb extra)

Also I forgot to add an option to the poll so if you want it done another way (toolbar etc) leave a reply below!

^ This... Kerbal is the only reason I keep an up to date Linux install on my rig. The x64 client is stable and I can throw anything at it without concern.

I just have to pipe in with the issue of engines with a different mix than the default LF 0.9 - OX 1.1 ratios. Can this mod take into account the fuel-intake ratios of the currently running engines? -snip- Just need to get it modular enough to handle any other fuel types we modders can come up with, and all of their strange mix ratios.

It works with engines that consume any ratio of LFO, other mixed types of fuel (can you give me an example of this, I can't think of one) are a planned feature. It works by looking at the ratio of full liquid fuel to current liquid fuel and sets the oxidizer so it is the same ratio. basically if the liquid is 34% full than oxidizer will be 34% as well.

Note that Linux may have a few issues with ATI graphics cards drivers. I switched back to Win7 because of this.

Great job anyway with your mod. This is my cue to get into spaceplane engineering.

I never had any problem with my card.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.