Quadcopter/Extra Small Probe Parts. FIRST RELEASE AVAILABLE (fixed now...I think)

electronicfox

Well now since the first release seems alright now, I will be releasing a secondary pack that has some pre-made frames and such made from these parts over the next few days. Then I will be making more tiny parts. Any ideas you guys can throw at me will be considered too.

So far I'm thinking:

-tiny wings (for your RC plane needs)

-more tiny floaty parts (for your RC boat needs)

-tiny submersible parts (Im sure you know where this is going now)

-tiny wheels

-tiny science

-tiny satellites

-tiny docking port

-tiny-to-less-tiny-adapters

-tiny rocket parts (not orbit-capable on their own, but hey, tiny rockets)

-tiny ion engine + Xenon

-more tiny batteries

-tiny solar panels.

Basically tiny versions of everything. Because if we can make RC jet-powered aeroplanes and miniature rockets in real life, the Kerbals damn sure did it first in their back yards.

Well now since the first release seems alright now, I will be releasing a secondary pack that has some pre-made frames and such made from these parts over the next few days. Then I will be making more tiny parts. Any ideas you guys can throw at me will be considered too.

So far I'm thinking:

-tiny wings (for your RC plane needs)

-more tiny floaty parts (for your RC boat needs)

-tiny submersible parts (Im sure you know where this is going now)

-tiny wheels

-tiny science

-tiny satellites

-tiny docking port

-tiny-to-less-tiny-adapters

-tiny rocket parts (not orbit-capable on their own, but hey, tiny rockets)

-tiny ion engine + Xenon

-more tiny batteries

-tiny solar panels.

Basically tiny versions of everything. Because if we can make RC jet-powered aeroplanes and miniature rockets in real life, the Kerbals damn sure did it first in their back yards.

Ohhh tiny Duna+Laythe surveyor planes, very nice

Hi loving the quad copter and as promised I've built a weapon system to suit. Flight is comparable to some of the bigger RC ones I've messed with.

My only reservation is the awkwardness of the assembly, the connection nodes hiding some parts completely, perhaps an engine mount or set of mounts in various cfg's 3 , 4 ,6 etc that are complete and just require a single attachment point on the core? . I may actually do this for personal use anyway but other users may find a use for something similar

I would like to give an "Amen!" to that idea, and I love the weaponization too.

That is awesome. I've been messing around with multiple levels of engines as well. I had one that featured extra long arms for the main props, with smaller prop arms forking off the first beam in each main arm that each had a small prop on it. In all, I ended up with four main props and eight mini-props for a grand total of twelve props. The thing flew to over 100m/s without even hitting max throttle (on Kerbin) and in hover I never got the throttle indicator to rise higher than a pixel from zero (using mod-enhanced throttle control of course).

That is awesome. I've been messing around with multiple levels of engines as well. I had one that featured extra long arms for the main props, with smaller prop arms forking off the first beam in each main arm that each had a small prop on it. In all, I ended up with four main props and eight mini-props for a grand total of twelve props. The thing flew to over 100m/s without even hitting max throttle (on Kerbin) and in hover I never got the throttle indicator to rise higher than a pixel from zero (using mod-enhanced throttle control of course).

There was enough space to place 2 more layers of engines, but then I'd end up with a tower of the mini-RTG's just to power all of them. There are already 3 in there, and they produce enough power for about half-throtle constant flight.

Could you make Kethane scanners or something would be awesome to put like 10 probes in a orbit around Mun or something with a scanner.

I was thinking more of going with Karbonite stuff than Kethane. But Im pretty sure its simple enough to switch the CFG's to support one mod or the other.

I was thinking more of going with Karbonite stuff than Kethane. But Im pretty sure its simple enough to switch the CFG's to support one mod or the other.

:0.0:I CANNOT WAIT for the new parts I found this thread just tonight and I have instantly fallen in love with this!:sticktongue: Please keep up the good work i want to se this mod prosper for many future versions of KSP!:cool:

I've never seen that error. what does it look like?

Yeah, I know, dumb question. It looks like a "blank loading bar" doesn't it? I need to have breakfast before I start posting I guess.

If you mess up something in your part.cfg- not sure what it is in this case- it appears as a tiny portion of the loading bar filled, with the rest of the bar blank (no names there) and nothing happens.

I think you could rescale the current winch models without issue, not 100% sure on that though. I do wanna make a teeny winch later anyway.

Are you planning full KAS integration? Like grabbing and storing these parts?

It isnt difficult at all. I just havent had the time to do it yet.

I'll see about doing it for you guys tomorrow.

That is great, but I am by no means trying to interject your mod timeline plans. I can wait a bit, thank you for looking into it!

That is great, but I am by no means trying to interject your mod timeline plans. I can wait a bit, thank you for looking into it!

I honestly have no timeline. I'm just working on it between client work really. I not even sure I know what I'm doing :P

I think I know enough about KAS' minithings in order to make the joined craft barely be able to fit in a big cargo container... or if you have a 160 cargo container you can take 2 out when you reach Duna... And yes, I would like joined craft too. If it wasn't obvious yet.

Edit: Actually, maybe it would be 60. There would be some space left over in the cargo container after putting it in verticalwise.

Edited by Tangle