[WIP] The Cities of Kerbin (Hex Blocks)

Eskandare

This looks very awesome! I would like to see a playable release soon maybe. The creator of the Kerbal Konstructs better have a release with destroyable builds. I want to blow up a city with a nuke so badly. Also, do you think you could post a sketch or something that shows what the city will look like? And is it going to be a big urban city?

This looks very awesome! I would like to see a playable release soon maybe. The creator of the Kerbal Konstructs better have a release with destroyable builds. I want to blow up a city with a nuke so badly. Also, do you think you could post a sketch or something that shows what the city will look like? And is it going to be a big urban city?

I work with AlphaAsh on Kerbin Side. The destructible buildings have been an issue, as Squad hasn't made that animator accessible.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, just finishing up on the pre-release of Thermal Nuclear, I went ahead and redesigned much of the style of the mod, starting with creating the Hex Bases for the city blocks. I'm trying to keep it in line with the textures of Kerbin Side. I hope to have my first city block up for you all to play with. I'll also be releasing the Hex Base as a Blender model for all of you who want to make your own city blocks. Just a little while longer, you'll see what I'm up to... :D

I literality thought about this all day.

When I got home, I googled it to see if it exists, and it does.

Could i help with the city buildings distribution, car roads layouts design and city placement in Kerbin?

I literality thought about this all day.

When I got home, I googled it to see if it exists, and it does.

Could i help with the city buildings distribution, car roads layouts design and city placement in Kerbin?

If you have something in mind, go ahead and send it to me. I hope to release a dev layout; a standard that everyone can use. I never refuse community input. I intend to give Cities of Kerbin that community feel by releasing the dev models.

Every city needs a famous monument. Will you be adding some ones?

Bronze statue of Jebediah of course!

Well, I've got some buildings* read to plop on a hex base when things get moving, but no rush :)

*one. one building. two if you count the naff portakabin I made. more to follow though

• 2 weeks later...