[WIP] The Cities of Kerbin (Hex Blocks)

Eskandare

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

1.1 has been released almost a month ago!

So what? Eskandare never said to release it when 1.1 comes around.

Have you ever read this new rule that is stickied in every add-on subforum: New Rule: Repeated requests for add-on updates are now forbidden?
Although your post is not really asking for a release/update but demanding it.

1 minute ago, Nils277 said:

Have you ever read this new rule that is stickied in every add-on subforum: New Rule: Repeated requests for add-on updates are now forbidden?

Oh yes he did say that! And i never heard that new rule!

On 5/13/2016 at 10:57 PM, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

1.1 has been released almost a month ago!

On 5/13/2016 at 11:36 PM, Nils277 said:

I'm still buiding assets for Cities of Kerbin. Please be patient.

Along with my current mods, I am also aiding with mod updates. Also understand I have limited time and KSP modding is a hobby not my job. I am not paid to do this.

My post-it note list as follows:

- Thermonuclear Turbines

- The Block (now known as Top Secret!)

- Oceania  (remade into two separate mods)

- Cities of Kerbin

- Under water bases (parts to make bases under water on Laythe and Eve)

Edited by Eskandare

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2016 at 6:35 AM, theonegalen said:

You da best, Esk. We know you're busy - thanks for all the hard work!

Hi guys, I'm still working on Cities of Kerbin. Still working on solving the issue with the base component, this is related to how one of the bases in Top Secret is managed. The issue is this, I build an area that is basically a hill, but for some reason it has a heavy draw on display. Part of my work is figuring how to reduce memory usage with draw cells. Also in addition merging mashes to prevent unnecessary draws.

Also a glimpse at another thing I'm working on.  This is one of the reference pictures, I'm using.

6RgQs0y.jpg

Edited by Eskandare

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On June 14, 2016 at 1:49 AM, Eskandare said:

Hi guys, I'm still working on Cities of Kerbin. Still working on solving the issue with the base component, this is related to how one of the bases in Top Secret is managed. The issue is this, I build an area that is basically a hill, but for some reason it has a heavy draw on display. Part of my work is figuring how to reduce memory usage with draw cells. Also in addition merging mashes to prevent unnecessary draws.

Also a glimpse at another thing I'm working on.  This is one of the reference pictures, I'm using.

6RgQs0y.jpg

Woah! NOW I'm for sure sold on this mod. Ya know, from that angle, it almost reminds me of SeaQuest.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2016 at 2:21 AM, Mycroft said:

Woah! NOW I'm for sure sold on this mod. Ya know, from that angle, it almost reminds me of SeaQuest.

A reference image is just an image you look at while developing the actual content. That could well be a SeaQuest screengrab. I don't understand why this image was even posted, it just creates confused hype.

Edited by Waz

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2017 at 0:22 AM, AtleSt said:

you are probably still deciding how big the hex blocks are going to be, but if you could give out a number. then im firing up blender right now!

Eskandare, there seems to be a pretty big interest in helping you develop hex cities, to include me. I've already created a hex heliport which I would gladly donate to you, I am using arbitrary dimensions.

iAQfvMO.png

Edited by martinezfg11

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...