do you using no-gravity hack when assembling landed modules?

JtPB

say, you want to dock a rover to the the base but you didnt plan the precise position of the docking ports, but the rover has RCS system.

or you want flip a rover & the RCS thrusters arent strong enough.

i think its not considered as cheating if you turn it off back just when you finished the annoying fix, cuze we dont have cranes & such stuff in vanilla :(

Would you please stop worrying and return to playing the game the way you like to? :kiss:

This. Play the game how ever you want to play the game. If you think thats cheaty then install Kerbal Attachment System and create a crane yourself. I tend to cheat when the incident is caused by a bug. And I save and reload because all the previous crashes were done in a simulation... which it kinda is already ... meta

If you're doing it for yourself, and not as part of a challenge, or anything like that, there are no real rules.

It just means you can't claim "No Cheetz or hax" when publishing a mission report, or whatever.

It's more impresive when everything works as planed, and using cheets can rob ksp of its 'like real space missions' feel, but in the end, it's down to you.

I've been designing stuff with the new humongous b9 parts and I'll use the gravhack when testing how easy it will be to maneuver around them. For example I built a lander and wished to see how simple it was going to be to dock it inside a larger ship.

Also I use it when balancing RCS nozzles. It's great because you can use the ground as a reference for how much you move in a particular direction.

On that note, I sometimes temporarily enable part clipping if something should stick but is not. Like if I use symmetry and one is red for no apparent reason. I write it off as ksp being ksp and not cheating.

Play how you want. Nobody's stopping you. Make yourself happy.

No such thing as cheating in KSP as it`s a sandbox every every one plays differently :)

Only time I`ve used the gravity hack was when my base started to wobble/jump because of ksp failing a gravity load, hack grav for it to reposition befor blowing up for that stupid reason.

Docking or loading/unloading things, IR/kas crane :sticktongue:

play how you want. The only problems arise(from my point of view) if you post here saying "OMG I DID AN EVE RETURN MISSION!!111!!1!!1!" without telling us that you hacked gravity to achieve that. That would be most uncool.

I've learned to test my to-be-assembled-later stuff extensively on Kerbin or in LKO.

Even though I could cheat I've burned myself out of too many games by doing something like that before. Cheating is like some hardcore drug, man.

So I have to work with a strict honor system when I play videogames. But that's me. If you have no qualms with doing a bit of In Situ reality warping, then go ahead.

On that note, I sometimes temporarily enable part clipping if something should stick but is not. Like if I use symmetry and one is red for no apparent reason. I write it off as ksp being ksp and not cheating.

This is about as far as I go in terms of cheating. Even then, I often rearrange parts than prevent the parts from connecting rather than enable part clipping.

Getting a random no-go from a single part when you try to add to something completely symmetrical is indeed annoying.

Its a single player game, you will not be penalized for cheating.

I personally use HyperEdit to test landers/rovers/flying probes on other bodies before actually sending them all the way there and discovering they dont work properly because I missed something tiny. I do it under the guise of 'simulations'.

I also occasionally use infinite fuel when I build a massive ship, and have it fail to reach its target because its was missing a tiny amount of fuel at the end.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.