KOSMOS 3/14/2015 RD-170 Family Released!

Okay, I found if I build with the URM tanks and the RD1xx engines I get way too much dV in stock (a 5-segment tank with a RD-180 gives me over 7000) KSP and way too little in RO (same config is under 300, and yes I am using kerosene/LOX).

Okay, I found if I build with the URM tanks and the RD1xx engines I get way too much dV in stock (a 5-segment tank with a RD-180 gives me over 7000) KSP and way too little in RO (same config is under 300, and yes I am using kerosene/LOX).

I don't know about stock but I don't think the URM tanks have a proper RO config. So they're volume is probably ridiculously small for an RSS game.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have anything else to report?

Probably not a bug but I just download the URM pack for the first time (my first Kosmos mod installed.) None of the primary parts show up in game except some of the ancillary items.

Is there some dependency for the tanks and engines to show up? All I have is a URM fuel/monopropellant line showing up in both sandbox and career.

I am running several other mods (SpaceY/ModularRockets/Modular Tanks + SpaceX and a slew of Dmagic and Diazo Mods.) Are there known incompatibilities? I did not see any listed on the first page or any of the recent announcements.

Troubleshooting I have done:

1) Have steam check my files and update as needed

2) Deleated several mods (B9, Retrofuture etc,) Deleted ATM.

3) Verified I am below 2GB memory footprint in sandbox.

4) Re-downloaded URM from Kerbalstuff and after deleting original files I re-installed.

TIA I am looking forward to using a your new RD170 family of models!

Probably not a bug but I just download the URM pack for the first time (my first Kosmos mod installed.) None of the primary parts show up in game except some of the ancillary items.

Is there some dependency for the tanks and engines to show up? All I have is a URM fuel/monopropellant line showing up in both sandbox and career.

I am running several other mods (SpaceY/ModularRockets/Modular Tanks + SpaceX and a slew of Dmagic and Diazo Mods.) Are there known incompatibilities? I did not see any listed on the first page or any of the recent announcements.

Troubleshooting I have done:

1) Have steam check my files and update as needed

2) Deleated several mods (B9, Retrofuture etc,) Deleted ATM.

3) Verified I am below 2GB memory footprint in sandbox.

4) Re-downloaded URM from Kerbalstuff and after deleting original files I re-installed.

TIA I am looking forward to using a your new RD170 family of models!

I believe you're missing MOARdV's URMP plugin.

Outside the broken path, this look realy awesome.

I can only agree with planeguy868. The lower stage of the angara is slightly smaller than the upper one. 1.875m would realy look neat. Theres also the cost balance. But I can do that on my own if I realy want to.

Great job!

why are the model paths broken :/

The path seems fine, it's just the nozzle model that seems to be missing from the folder. In fact there isn't any .mu file with that name in any of the folders, so I'd say that someone forgot to pack it in the release :sticktongue:

"Donate more than $4 now and get early access to the RD-170 engines in their current state!"

... is this ....?

CBBP probably just forgut to remove that line. The RD-170 family is already released.

Out of curiosity, what would be necessary for me to make configs for 1.875m URM tanks using this m

I managed to do a 1.875m version of the URM. Was not that difficult in fact. The config file are in the plugin section, just had to take the 2.5 version and multiply position and scale value by the apropriate factor

Humm... I don't know if I have the right to publish it. or how...

Edited by RedParadize

when will the mod update to 0.90? also will it support linux 64 version of the game?

Apart from the missing nozzle on the RD-191V, it works fine for me in 0.90 running on 64bit Linux.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo after putting the docking nodes from the SSPP pack onto my space station for a new set of crew docking ports I now find they don't work, and the navball docking alignment indicator tells me that they are set at 90 degrees to their actual facing, so I would assume the docking transform is set incorrectly down the wrong axis

Edited by Squiggsy

Sooo after putting the docking nodes from the SSPP pack onto my space station for a new set of crew docking ports I now find they don't work, and the navball docking alignment indicator tells me that they are set at 90 degrees to their actual facing, so I would assume the docking transform is set incorrectly down the wrong axis

This has been broken forever and makes docking difficult. You can sometimes do it if you rotate the ship a certain way but your best bet is to not use those ports. Don't expect them to be fixed anytime soon either, from what I've heard in the past they tried and failed to fix them.

I assume it's the APAS-69 ports? Yeah, they're broken for some people but work well for others. Nobody has any idea what's wrong with them.

I assume it's the APAS-69 ports? Yeah, they're broken for some people but work well for others. Nobody has any idea what's wrong with them.

ah that's a shame, they are the coolest looking docks and would have been perfect to tide me over until I got round to making a Common Berthing Mechanism replica which I was planning for the capsule project im starting...

I've updated the plugins for URM so they work with KSP1.0:

EngineEnhancement and UniversalRocketModulePlugin

There is a known issue with EE that the gimbal hider feature isn't working right now, so the tweakable menu on some of the engines will show multiple gimbal controls. I will fix this in the future, but I didn't want to delay release for that one problem.