KOSMOS 3/14/2015 RD-170 Family Released!

Changes to the way attachment nodes work in 1.0 may make some parts not connect properly, as such users may need to enable the option to ignore connection orientation in the [ALT]+F12 menu to work around this

Engine values are also going to be overpowered with their 0.90 settings as the old maxThrust was for vacuum, but it's now being used as sea level then being scaled up for vac based on the ISP floatcurve

Fixes are in progress

veyr little free time. few poor download numbers in the last release. i've not seen one image of RD-170 family or URM tanks posted anywhere. thusly I am not planning on working on it.

Sad to hear :( , if the mod are not updated, will have nowhere to take the working "Angara".

veyr little free time. few poor download numbers in the last release. i've not seen one image of RD-170 family or URM tanks posted anywhere. thusly I am not planning on working on it.
If you gave permission or changed the license I could at least fix the configs.

That part is in progress, there were a lot of changes for 1.0 so I'm afraid I don't have an ETA right now

MOARdv has also released updated versions of the URMP and EE plugins for 1.0.x.

If you are intrested, I made 1.875m and 3.75m version of the fuel tank. the 3.75 version have a minor bug, top strut are not placed properly, I could easily fix it before giving it to you. I am sure I did some change in fuel balance and cost, more in line with procedural fuel tanks if I recall correctly.

hey any news on 1.0 or 1.0.2 release? this mod is always a most have for me to play ksp lol, thanks

what he said

I saw this video couple weeks ago and when I read in list "Station modules is KOSMOS"...I got in love with your mod and since then I keep checking this thred for an update

I want to try it because I never use your mod so far, now u make me sad cries.gif

Edited by GERULA

haha. Yeah that video makes me want to work on it some more and makes me like it. However. Very little free time as I say and the download amount does not make it justifiable to spread the time on it for such a low user number. Plus as far as I can tell KSP is not going anywhere fast. And it is no where near as fun as it was when it first came out.

In 0.90, all my rocket had URM part in them, I was using almost exclusively your engine. The aesthetics was great. The way that Fuel extention works was a tad limitative compared to procedural fuel tanks, but it looked so cool. I wished for intermediate length and diameter. Ended up doing the diameter myself. Sadly they were some bug, like the collision box not at the right place after a load. or the rocket always listed as 36m long in career. And unfinished stuff as well... Like the RD-191V.

I realy liked your stuff. But I can understand, you have been doing this since the begining.

haha. Yeah that video makes me want to work on it some more and makes me like it. However. Very little free time as I say and the download amount does not make it justifiable to spread the time on it for such a low user number. Plus as far as I can tell KSP is not going anywhere fast. And it is no where near as fun as it was when it first came out.

I didn't plan to come here and wrote more then few words, because english is not my favorite language I suck at it, but then I saw what you write... I think for your hard work and effort you should really hear this

first of all I also make mods for total war series and I really know what you meaning, lot of wasted time, hard work then few ppl use it, that sucks, but your KSP mod is great

more of that, in reality I really know about your mod since long time ago, I love mods who using High Quality textures in their work like yours and your modules, panels and spacecraft are breathtaking and colors you use for them are great

always wanted to use your mod but everytime when I read this KOCMOC, something in my head told me this mod is specially designed for.or to be used only and I repeat ONLY by RUSSIANS players and so I never use your mod...till I saw this guy videos and in all of them he use(also) your mod...and as me I bet many others thought same or similar

..yeah I know, maybe t sound stupid, but that was in my case

Edited by GERULA

I didn't plan to come here and wrote more then few words, because english is not my favorite language I suck at it, but then I saw what you write... I think for your hard work and effort you should really hear this

first of all I also make mods for total war series and I really know what you meaning, lot of wasted time, hard work then few ppl use it, that sucks, but your KSP mod is great

more of that, in reality I really know about your mod since long time ago, I love mods who using High Quality textures in their work like yours and your modules, panels and spacecraft are breathtaking and colors you use for them are great

always wanted to use your mod but everytime when I read this KOCMOC, something in my head told me this mod is specially designed for.or to be used only and I repeat ONLY by RUSSIANS players and so I never use your mod...till I saw this guy videos and in all of them he use(also) your mod...and as me I bet many others thought same or similar

..yeah I know, maybe t sound stupid, but that was in my case

I agree with every word.

We need KOSMOS!

Honestly, I think the poor number on the last version had a lot to do with timing and very little to do with your mod not being worthwhile. The last release you made fell awkwardly from my perspective, I wanted to try it but by the time I found out about it 0.90 was out and it's listed for 0.25, so I gave it a miss after trying it and the engine values being off in stock KSP. I've always liked KOSMOS and I'm sad it's not being updated. I'd use it (with an alternative Soyuz and Proton, if they come along) instead of Tantares in a heartbeat if it was up-to-date, and maybe used a shade less RAM, as it's more accurate and realistic and has URM (which is a great system).

My suggestion would be if you have little or no time to work on it then turn it over to the community and let someone else help or carry it on. Many others have done the same with their mods and have kept popular add-ons going. I realise you put a lot of work into it, but would you rather see all that work sink into the past or carried forward? I know what my answer would be :) Hell, I'd help, but similarly to you the time and ability to actually work on these things (plus I know very little to nothing about a lot of aspects of KSP modding) eludes me. But I for one would love to see it carry on.

GO KOCMOC!

Edit: I just realised you updated it again after I tried it for 0.90. Doh :P Still, What I said above still stands! :)

Edited by MDBenson

Only one reason, that most of my friends that play KSP do not use Kosmos anymore... high ram costs. But I still use it, even though it eats into my already exhausted limits. I think you would find those numbers increase significantly with a reduction in cost. Its in the top 1-2 station Mods of all time, and those of us that have used it since the beginning, have been slowly loosing our favorite station Mod. CB, if you and the team don't have the time anymore, then find the right people to continue this Mod. You don't have to give it up! I'm sure we have people that would be more than willing to continue, just because its been so great, for so long.

edit: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave you guys out MOARdv and NoMrBond, no disrespect meant at all.

Edited by ArkaelDren

For the time being I'm only putting off downloading KOSMOS because it's not updated to the current KSP version. Back in 0.23 it used to be my general and launcher parts pack of choice.

I'd imagine the fact it isn't updated would contribute to the low download numbers.

Hello!

I was making some alternative Procedural Fairings textures based on Blackheart612's texture set. Blackheart pointed out that the texture on the inside of the fairing came from KOSMOS, which I somehow managed to miss.

Can I release the fairings as long as the license remains the same (with an additional credit to Blackheart)? Two of the three fairings in question are shown here:

Proton-ish

avZvzKM.png?1

Angara (I've since removed the Russian flag)

G6elSga.png?1

Cheers!

Hello!

I was making some alternative Procedural Fairings textures based on Blackheart612's texture set. Blackheart pointed out that the texture on the inside of the fairing came from KOSMOS, which I somehow managed to miss.

Can I release the fairings as long as the license remains the same (with an additional credit to Blackheart)? Two of the three fairings in question are shown here:

Proton-ish

http://i.imgur.com/avZvzKM.png?1

Angara (I've since removed the Russian flag)

http://i.imgur.com/G6elSga.png?1

Cheers!

Very amazing job! :D

Just thought I would let you know that the solar panel textures are not loading for the Balka single or double from KOSMOS SSPP 0.14.02 in KSP 1.0.2. The Salyut and TKS solar panels look okay, though. Also, only one connection node on the Balka double solar panel works normally. I really love the Balka double because it rotates around two axes, allowing it to track the Sun at any angle! It's a perfect fit for recreating the International Space Station. Please keep up the good work!!! :)

2015-05-16_00001.jpg

Just thought I would let you know that the solar panel textures are not loading for the Balka single or double from KOSMOS SSPP 0.14.02 in KSP 1.0.2. The Salyut and TKS solar panels look okay, though. Also, only one connection node on the Balka double solar panel works normally. I really love the Balka double because it rotates around two axes, allowing it to track the Sun at any angle! It's a perfect fit for recreating the International Space Station. Please keep up the good work!!! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/Brynden/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/KSP%20Bugs/2015-05-16_00001.jpg

Try reloading the game, sometimes the textures just glitch out...

Also, if you want you can press alt+f12 to allo non- strict attachment and it will attach just fine.

Try reloading the game, sometimes the textures just glitch out...

Also, if you want you can press alt+f12 to allo non- strict attachment and it will attach just fine.

Thanks! When I went back into the game, the textures were there.

If you do have the time to work on this again, the SSPP would be majorly appreciated, CBBP.

I'm half-tempted to try and get it working in 1.02 myself, but like you I've lost most of my free time as of late. :(