KOSMOS 3/14/2015 RD-170 Family Released!

36 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

It looks like the URM is still available on Curse.  The SSPP pack isn't, but the license allows for an unaltered version of it to be posted.  I've got SSPP 0.14.0 (KSP 0.25) still, but it will require a *lot* of work for whoever downloads it to update it to work with KSP 1.0.5, unless someone's already posted Module Manager patches.

Funny enough I got the SSPP with nodes fixed and textures in dds (original Tng too, also have the even older sspp from the older thread) so I could easily upload them to dropbox and put up a link here.

3 hours ago, Deimos007 said:

Funny enough I got the SSPP with nodes fixed and textures in dds (original Tng too, also have the even older sspp from the older thread) so I could easily upload them to dropbox and put up a link here.

Well, no, not really.  The license on the first post of this thread says:

Kosmos and its derivatives are the property of Kosmos Team and is distributed under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported license. You are permitted to redistribute the parts in their original form. You may not modify Kosmos parts without verified permission from Kosmos Team...

You can't post a modified version.  You could post Module Manager configs that patch the existing configs, but putting up DDS versions of the existing TGA files falls under the "derivatives" aspect of the NoDerivs license.

That's why I said I could put up the original SSPP 0.14.0 release, but that people would have to fix it to work in 1.0.5 themselves.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

You can't post a modified version.  You could post Module Manager configs that patch the existing configs, but putting up DDS versions of the existing TGA files falls under the "derivatives" aspect of the NoDerivs license.

That's why I said I could put up the original SSPP 0.14.0 release, but that people would have to fix it to work in 1.0.5 themselves.

That is true, well IL gladly wait for you to upload your copy and IL upload the module manager configs for the node fix. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great pack.  Had been missing this for quite a few ksp versions.  Nice to find it again.

Any chance for some craft files?

I am not real familiar with CCCP craft and I would like to see what they were like.

Cheers and thanks for any help and this great mod.

What is the github link?

I am not using ckan and would like to be able to get the updated configs rather than making them, if possible.

many thanks.

Cheers.

never mind, found it.

cheers.

Edited by drtedastro

2 hours ago, drtedastro said:

What is the github link?

I am not using ckan and would like to be able to get the updated configs rather than making them, if possible.

many thanks.

Cheers.

never mind, found it.

cheers.

Link?

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:43 PM, MOARdV said:

Kosmos and its derivatives are the property of Kosmos Team and is distributed under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported license. You are permitted to redistribute the parts in their original form. You may not modify Kosmos parts without verified permission from Kosmos Team...

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2015 at 7:09 PM, CardBoardBoxProcessor said:

Wow. Thanks guys. Glad people still like it. If anyine needs anything ti fix it or even carry it on I'll help and supply any data and files needed lol.

I dropped $5000 on a camera and lenses lol. any free time basically goes to that currently.

@MOARdV, your reading of the license is very good and generally I would agree with you. However, CBBP's post quoted here and his subsequent actions before leaving the forum of helping to find files and give them to people, seem to constitute verified permission from the Kosmos Team to modify the assets. It could even be argued to be abandonment of the work or release of copyright. This is from my experience as a contract development manager, contract administrator, claims manager, and commercial manager. I wouldn't like to try to defend the license in court or arbitration against someone's modifying the assets.

Mind you, some cases are easier than others, and module manager files (which could be argued to constitute transformation, or a separate work of art) would be the easiest to defend.

Cheers,

Bez

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:26 AM, Table said:

keep in mind that this works perfectly fine with 1.0.5 and the 1.1 prerelease

it did work without any need to mess with cfgs and stuff? I see a kerbalstuff link in the description. know of any place I can download it?

23 minutes ago, techstepman said:

it did work without any need to mess with cfgs and stuff? I see a kerbalstuff link in the description. know of any place I can download it?

No.  It was never updated to 1.0, which changed the bottom attach nodes.  It also hasn't been updated with the various game system changes (changes to the thermal system, for instance).  The plugins weren't updated, either, so they definitely don't work in 1.1 without a recompile (and probably a bit of effort under the hood). I don't remember if anyone did a complete patch to update the attach nodes on the parts.  URM is still available on CurseForge, I think.  I don't remember if SSPP got released there or not.

14 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

No.  It was never updated to 1.0, which changed the bottom attach nodes.  It also hasn't been updated with the various game system changes (changes to the thermal system, for instance).  The plugins weren't updated, either, so they definitely don't work in 1.1 without a recompile (and probably a bit of effort under the hood). I don't remember if anyone did a complete patch to update the attach nodes on the parts.  URM is still available on CurseForge, I think.  I don't remember if SSPP got released there or not.

This is incorrect, as I posted a couple of responses right above yours this IS updated and is available on ckan and in the github link posted right above yours and that guy complaining he can't find the link when it's literally 2 posts above his....

Edited by raidernick

49 minutes ago, raidernick said:

This is incorrect, as I posted a couple of responses right above yours this IS updated and is available on ckan and in the github link posted right above yours and that guy complaining he can't find the link when it's literally 2 posts above his....

cBBp never updated the mod, and I didn't see that you started a thread announcing its availability.  Your statement is terse and contains no information about finding it that applies to non-CKAN users.  None of the mods in your tagline clearly identify itself as "KOSMOS SSPP" or "KOSMOS URM", and someone else had to provide the GitHub link.  None of which facilitates discovery of your updates to the SSPP mod.  

Did you also update URM?

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

cBBp never updated the mod, and I didn't see that you started a thread announcing its availability.  Your statement is terse and contains no information about finding it that applies to non-CKAN users.  None of the mods in your tagline clearly identify itself as "KOSMOS SSPP" or "KOSMOS URM", and someone else had to provide the GitHub link.  None of which facilitates discovery of your updates to the SSPP mod.  

Did you also update URM?

It's not my responsibility to hold the hands of the users here. As far as I'm concerned if they can't be bothered to search for an answer for more than 1 second they don't deserve help. I have however changed the read-me to make it clear it's just for the station parts and panels, but a simple look at the github files would have shown that and it's listed under the correct name on ckan.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

Did you also update URM?

No I don't have the source files for that and have no interest in fixing it anyway, I only fixed the station parts pack because I use 2 of the panels from it for my own stuff.

Edited by raidernick

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Jim Kernan said:

@raidernick getting a hang on load. It's hanging at the Kosmos_Salyut_1.5-1_Taper. I've linked to the log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3jkz9dr1m08brq/KSP.log?dl=0

@Jim Kernan, can you try the latest release, which you can find at https://github.com/raidernick/KOSMOS/releases/tag/v0.15? It sounds like you have a bugged copy of the 0.16-prerelease. You can try the latest version of that at https://github.com/Bezzier/KOSMOS/releases/tag/v0.16-prerelease.3. Either one will fix your problem. It's due to a bug I accidentally introduced while updating for the next release. The bug is fixed now.

2 hours ago, Bezzier said:

@Jim Kernan, can you try the latest release, which you can find at https://github.com/raidernick/KOSMOS/releases/tag/v0.15? It sounds like you have a bugged copy of the 0.16-prerelease. You can try the latest version of that at https://github.com/Bezzier/KOSMOS/releases/tag/v0.16-prerelease.3. Either one will fix your problem. It's due to a bug I accidentally introduced while updating for the next release. The bug is fixed now.

Both versions still hang in the same place. :( Before the evening is over I'll try it in an otherwise unmodded stock KSP save.

Update: 

Using a stock install both versions loaded just fine. It's probably something to do with my RSS install and 61 mods. If I can find out what's causing it I'll post here.

Edited by Jim Kernan
Updating my post.

• 2 months later...

Having already bugged Raidernick about it, has anyone made any progress updating the URM pack (either by mm patch or getting permission from author)?

Am I going mad, or is there no trace of any animation for the extending nozzles in the cfg files? I was hoping I could tinker about in there and at least get it running on my install, but alas, my knowledge of these things is limited at best...