KOSMOS 3/14/2015 RD-170 Family Released!

IDK. some how my menu loaded some none standard version of itself where none of the buttons had icons or text. Luckily my photographic memory allowed me to find the load default menu button.

Anyway RUm-2 and 3. Think if I ever get about to making it I'll just make all kinds of junk for it.

At work. Nothing to do. Looking at Proton Rocket. RD-210 engine is used in a cluster of 4 in the second stage and 1 modified with gimbals engines for the forth. The Proton would be 3 meter Kerbal Kosmos scale..

Should I make egine made of clusters of four or just allow for 4 to be attached.

Make a common engine model, then re-use it via MODEL nodes for single-engine and quad-engine mounting frames.

It should* also cause less wobble, lag, and mysterious strut bugs than separate engine and mounting frame parts (or using a cluster of 4 engines) would.

* I am not a modeler

Not really weird... Throw a node under each tank, and you've got an option for a high thrust 2.5m core engine, and the six other nodes could be, say, vacuum-optimized engines. Switch them with an action group, or even decouple the center engine and have a docking port underneath.

I like this idea, it seems like a great way to keep part count down on large stations.

Well everything I do is based off KSP fuels look wise. I prefer to keep stock like fuel ratios for now. Unless no one cares in which case I could do RP-1 LOX.

What does the community thing? real ratios or same as URM-1 ratios (stock)

Either URM-ratio model sizes with stock-ratio fuel volume ratios, or fixed-preset tweakable model sizes with stock fuel volume ratios.

I'd also like to see single-resource tanks for use with the RD-0440 (stock/Alchemy Technologies/B9 tanks just look odd when mixed with URM parts, especially on upper stages).

In truth I wish I did stockalike stuff.

Then go and make some stockalike stuff :)

You could either do a remake of KOSMOS as stockalike (although Beale has already done that, and I'd personally keep using the original) or you could do something like what Borklund is doing - make a pack that's inspired by real stuff, but with a lot of your own design in it. It'd be a lot of work, but since detailing is usually lower on stockalike stuff than what you usually do, progress would probably also be quicker. I'm sure that no matter what style you'll be doing, it'll be beautiful.

Yeah problem is I cannot texture lol.

That's something that you can learn to do. Most addon makers here started out with near-zero texturing skills. The first release of Tantares had some pretty crappy textures, and OrionKermin is currently redeveloping his HGR addon with much, much better textures than when he started out. I can't really do textures myself, but I'm trying to learn how to do it (progress is slow, though, since I'm caught up playing KSP and Starbound).

Then go and make some stockalike stuff :)

You could either do a remake of KOSMOS as stockalike (although Beale has already done that, and I'd personally keep using the original) or you could do something like what Borklund is doing - make a pack that's inspired by real stuff, but with a lot of your own design in it. It'd be a lot of work, but since detailing is usually lower on stockalike stuff than what you usually do, progress would probably also be quicker. I'm sure that no matter what style you'll be doing, it'll be beautiful.

man, that stuff is awesome, i've been following that thread waiting for a release :)

i also would still use original KOSMOS, it fits better with Raidernick's Salyut and Bobcat's Mir stations, and both are a must in my KSP installs, i could remove every mod except for these 2 and KOSMOS... but if you want a stockalike feeling, what about stockalike textures instead of the blue ones? because models already fit in stock (i can use a lab instead of TKS main body and a Mk 1-2 pod instead of a VA capsule, although this last one needs tweakscale to work), but not grey like tantares, white-ish like stock lab, hab and pod :)

Sorry for the lack of thread bumping in the last few weeks, I have been swamped in exams...

Anyway, glad to see that there is something new in the works :) Less glad that I cannot snoop on it on github :P

Also, regarding to the previous discussion, while I like this pack a lot, if CBBP wants to take a break from this and try and learn something different I'll support it, as his enjoyment should come first. Plus I wouldn't mind a stock-a-like pack from you.