KOSMOS 3/14/2015 RD-170 Family Released!

still here mate, this is the only rocket parts mod i've ever considered essential to an install. other people may use KW or others but this one just always felt "right" to me. not to mention my love of all the solar panels in this pack, sooo freakin huge!

Some of these parts are quite big compared to what they would be in real life. For example, the diameter of the real TKS was 4.15m, which in KSP should equate to 2.656 - however, the TKS parts in this pack are 3.75 meters in diameter. This isn't really a problem, since the proportions are mostly correct. However, I'm trying to make a 0.6666 scale config to make it have the "proper" size, but this causes the parts that are mounted above the VA to be quite small. Is there a way to scale the bottom of the VA to 1.875 meters but leave the top at 1.25 meters?

I've been over this many times before. I am not changing the scales of anything nor do I really care about what scale they really were. MOARdV and I have been in discussions aobut how to make things scalable for the user but nothing but thought currently. We'd rather wait til 1.0 comes out to bother. and I am not very concerned with SSPP at all currently. Honestly I'd like to reboot the whole lot or deferre you to Vostok mod. I really prefer tanks and engines TBH.

Present, and a long-time fan of the parts, but lost some interest at the introduction of the pay-to-get-parts-sooner strategy.

Ghost of Kosmos past reporting in. I'm surprised that CBBP has taken this approach so soon after I left the team. Through this project's history, we didn't collect donations from anyone as far as I'm aware. I didn't really care all that much, while I could've certainly used the money for university expenses I wouldn't resort to "early releases" to skirt the non-monetization policy.

There seems to be some misunderstanding about the nature of the donations;

Things that are not happening;

• People who make donations are not getting finished parts before everyone else
  • Parts and/or releases are not being withheld or delayed until some arbitrary donation figure is reached

Things that are happening;

• People who donate are getting to play with some unfinished indev snapshots along the way

As soon as the production milestones for release are met (i.e. the parts, plugins and their configs are finished) then the packages are made and put up for free download as they always have been

lol. Love how the RD-191V uses the same Nozzle as the RD-0440s Memory saving FTW :D

Decided to make the default KOSMOS URM colors what they once were in like 2012 in KOSMOS mod. Beige.... Looks nice though and I always preferred this color scheme. Don't worry though! like I said before you can change them to your desires in the VAB

newcolors.png

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

should I release things even though they are not totally complete and a tad buggy? that is the question...

Do so through GitHub, so that you can incrementally update individual files without have to repackage entire WIP downloads.

I am a little confused. Both the URM and KOSMOS Station parts are labelled as 0.25 on the OP download links, but on KerbalStuff the URM pack says it's for 0.90. Can you clarify and adjust the links as necessary?

Also are the URM 0.15.1 parts intended to be RSS scaled?

Edited by MDBenson