Devnote Tuesdays: The "Building Buildings" Edition

SQUAD

I understand please note that I don't believe they are bad. I just want to make sure that when I say I want perfection I'm not saying that while blowing hot air. I want the biomes to be what I feel is 100%.

I didn't mean to be harsh, I am just leery of the attitude of "just get something in there, we'll fix it later". That was fine when building the underlying framework for the game, but now that scope completion is close I think it's time to start making things as close to 1.0 quality as possible. Glad to hear that you're thinking the same way, that's reassuring. :)

I didn't mean to be harsh, I am just leery of the attitude of "just get something in there, we'll fix it later". That was fine when building the underlying framework for the game, but now that scope completion is close I think it's time to start making things as close to 1.0 quality as possible. Glad to hear that you're thinking the same way, that's reassuring. :)

I agree that everything changed when alpha became beta. Placeholders are an alpha feature to get the skeleton working. Beta is for putting on proper skin with makeup, hair, eyes and so forth and making stuff finished with no work left to be done. Making pretty and finalising in a nutshell. In filmmaking terms, this is the final cut. No more rushes...

Stuff not done at this stage may well also simply not have time or funding later to get redone even with the best intentions.

I really like the mars biome map you showed, if biomes end up like that then they will be good. I think many people would like something special at the anomalies though.

I would like to thank Tanuki for the effort and thought and research she's putting into the biomes project. I like what I've been reading in this thread.

I also wish her luck in dealing with the community and its feedback. Some of it will need to be listened to carefully; some will need to be tuned out and forgotten; wisdom lies in discerning the difference while keeping one's sanity. Best of luck!

Jeez, people, you're getting me all hyped up when you reply here, it looks like the new Devnotes came out, when they didn't. :mad:

EDIT: @Space_Kraken below

*snorts*

Spellcheck, really? Who uses that?

And what the heck did you type to make it give you "Cheese"?

(Oh, was it "curse" :D)

Edited by Starwhip

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.