[0.90] [2015-01-08] MonkeyWrench 0.1.6: For when subtlety and finesse just won't do

WarrenSchultz

Drop pod is amazing but parts inside of it read as isShield: False, even when it is closed. Is there a way to make it so it shields what is inside like other cargo bays? I took a look inside the .cfg files of stock and B9 cargo bays but could not see anything that would suggest doing this. Also I never thought of even trying to mount scanners to a rover, brilliant!

That is an issue with FAR you have to go to the main KSC scene open FAR debug and go to where cargo bays are identified by name. There you can add this part to that definition. I love the drop pod. Combined with TTneverunload and orbital material science. I run my science experiments load them back into the drop pod and let it deorbit to be retrieved later. I separate the drop pod to allowing me to spread mass over many realchutes. Would love for your configs add AIES.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, sorry for the absence, been updating my mod tracker and have been waiting for things to stabilize before I update MonkeyWrench.

@FreeThinker: Going to add this to KerbalStuff once I update for 1.0 :)

@Errol: If you grab just MonkeyWrench.cfg, that is where the EVAX mod is contained. I should probably break that one out into its own file as well.

• 3 months later...
What kind of license does this mod have? It's a waste to have this parts unsupported for KSP 1.0

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

That's what is listed in the license file on GitHub...

I've made a big pile of updates to my fork on GitHub (and made a PR against Warren's). It's not quite perfect, but it works. Changes made:

• Updated dependencies for 1.0.4
  • Replaced FOR with NEEDS to not confuse Module Manager
  • Updated KAS modules to KIS, removed unnecessary patches (DMOS, MRS, RLA, Station Science, Surface Lights). Now that KIS allows any part to be carried and attached, the only items that remain are those which are usable by Kerbals (i.e. small experiments, batteries, solar panels, antennas, parachutes, SRBs for thrill-seekers...).
  • EVA-X patches moved out into dedicated MW_UniversalStorage.cfg
  • Fixed part properties: node orientations, aero/thermal properties, bulkheadProfiles.
  • Added ModuleCargoBay and CoMOffset to drop pod.

Issues which remain:

• The drop pod's airbrakes are still ornamental (need some changes to the model itself to work like stock airbrakes)
  • Convert textures to DDS (I can do that myself, but Warren might want to keep the PNGs in a non-installed location for editing).
  • The fins on the adapter are ornamental and don't actually stabilize anything. This might be fixable with the config only, so I'll work on this one. EDIT 2: The stock "ModuleLiftingSurface" only provides lift in one axis, so nope.

Also, I don't use B9, KW, Tantares, NovaPunch, Interstellar, or RealChutes on any of my main installs. I've done a little testing to verify that the patches mostly work (i.e. parts face the right direction), but those of you who use these mods regularly will have to speak up if anything ended up in a weird position or orientation.

EDIT: A pic for clicks. Here's Jebediah kitted out for prospecting:

RlhlVln.png?1

The battery is useful for powering experiments that need it (e.g. DMagic Orbital Science) or for running the antenna (after taking the solar panel off his helmet and replacing it with an antenna).

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.