[0.90] StarSystems v0.7 (Dec 15) - Under New Managment

medsouz

There's no way to change the SOI directly, it's calculated as the region where Kerbol's gravity is stronger than the black hole's. This is the reason that Moho's SOI is so much smaller than Eeloo's, even though they are basically the same size. What you CAN do is move Kerbol into a higher orbit around the black hole.

Or edit the black hole's mass...

Or edit the black hole's mass...

I did this. I'm assuming the 'root' solar mass is that of the black hole. I lowered it considerably and now all of my current kerbol system is within kerbols SOI.

One bug (probably my own fault though due to extensive tinkering so please do not consider this a complaint) i have at game load is that ALL of my vessels are orbiting the black hole. Quick-loading to my last quick save fixes it so it's not a massive issue but does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

I have moved a few Planet Factory planets back into the kerbol system and have created a few of my own around Corbo. I should also say that this is a save game from before i installed the mod and it took a fair amount of tinkering to get it to work so again, my problem is probably not typical...

So if I'd add the Sentar and Urania System, does this mod has a pre-configuration that assigns them to Corbo or Dolas?

If not, how do I change that myself? Should be easy just looking at the example .cfg right?

Edited by SlimJim89

So if I'd add the Sentar and Urania System, does this mod has a pre-configuration that assigns them to Corbo or Dolas?

If not, how do I change that myself? Should be easy just looking at the example .cfg right?

You can modify the example planetfactory confi and change the planet names. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/medsouz/StarSystems/master/GameData/StarSystems/Config/MM_PlanetFactory_Example.cfg

Oh cool, so can I use that .cfg to edit Sentar's orbit? If so, that's awesome... where do I put that .cfg? In the PlanetFactory folder in GameData, or in its pluginData folder, or... what? I really wanna use that!

Oh cool, so can I use that .cfg to edit Sentar's orbit? If so, that's awesome... where do I put that .cfg? In the PlanetFactory folder in GameData, or in its pluginData folder, or... what? I really wanna use that!

The config is packaged in Starsystems/Config/MM_PlanetFactory_Example.cfg but it could go anywhere in GameData.

Here's the complete list of the parameters from Sol from the 84th CRC handbook:

Mass = 1.9891e30 kg

Radius = 6.9599e8 m

Surface = 6.087e18 m^2

volume = 1.412e27 m^3

density = 1.408 g/cm^2

Gravity = 273.89 m/sec^2

Escape velocity = 6.177e5 m/sec.

Temperature = 5780K

Luminosity = 3.86e26W

radiant energy flux = 6.340 e7 w/m^2

This one totally slipped under my radar. :confused:

Does this mod add any more odd behaviour over stock KSP? More deviation from trajectories under timewarp or anything?

Does it bloat the universe or has it always been way bigger than actually needed?

(Maybe I am thinking to much of invisible walls like in X-Wing from the '90s :D )

Version 0.6 is released on KerbalStuff

Changelog

• The Kerbol system is no longer hardcoded.
  • Fixed GameFixer launching the first vessel launched in a game into interstellar space.
  • Cleaned up some unused values from system.cfg

I'm pretty sure I fixed all known bugs with this release, try to break it :)

EDIT: Time is really messed up in the space center scene but that isn't game breaking so we can ignore it for now :P

Edited by medsouz

I know it says the problem is fixed but i keep getting put into interstellar space around the black hole which is no longer a black hole but another kerbol. Even with a clean install with nothing but this mod and module manager it still puts me there.

EDIT:

I backed up to v0.5 and It fixed it for me.

Edited by lyons7486

I run into a weird bug. I made a seperate installation for this mod together with kerbalalarmclock and mechjeb. I added interstellar for the warp drive. As soon as I activated the drive I was on my way to another star. But as soon as I left the SOI of the kerbol system, my screen turned black and I had to restart the game to fix it. The spaceship itself is gone.

Am I doing something wrong here? :(

Edit: tried a different warp mod, no sigar. I get a black screen, black gimbal and every new ship launched teleports to the center of the system(black hole)

Edited by hipy

I run into a weird bug. I made a seperate installation for this mod together with kerbalalarmclock and mechjeb. I added interstellar for the warp drive. As soon as I activated the drive I was on my way to another star. But as soon as I left the SOI of the kerbol system, my screen turned black and I had to restart the game to fix it. The spaceship itself is gone.

Am I doing something wrong here? :(

Edit: tried a different warp mod, no sigar. I get a black screen, black gimbal and every new ship launched teleports to the center of the system(black hole)

It's a bug with mechjeb. It really doesn't like it when you leave the kerbol system.

Pfew, tought it was a bug with the warp drives. One question remains. Is there a way to add new planets? I saw the config example but obviously you need textures and other stuff right?

For now I moved duna to another star :D

Pfew, tought it was a bug with the warp drives. One question remains. Is there a way to add new planets? I saw the config example but obviously you need textures and other stuff right?

For now I moved duna to another star :D

For now, most people use PF:CE, but it has a boatload of bugs that crash the game. People are actively working on figuring out how to make Kopernicus work, which will fix all of the bugs and allow for less memory usage.

For now, most people use PF:CE, but it has a boatload of bugs that crash the game. People are actively working on figuring out how to make Kopernicus work, which will fix all of the bugs and allow for less memory usage.

Kopernicus and StarSystems are incompatible at the moment. I haven't found a fix yet.

I may have figured out where the bug (that turns Kerbin into the Sun) came from. Starsystems may be incompatible with this mod. Hopefully that may help out. Anyways, hope you work on this some more, medsouz. It's a great mod.

That probably makes sense. I'm experiencing that bug right now and I'm testing things out with KittopiaTech in the same save. It also turns the sun into the Black Hole with a lens flare.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if this is because of KittopiaTech also but flares from Corbo and Dolas remain on my screen indefinitely after visiting them. I tested on my customised test save, but it shouldn't make any difference.

Edited by Chezburgar7300

I'm not sure if this will help but,

I noticed that in the Kopernicus config called system there's a list of planets and the Sun.

I believe Kopernicus is getting confused because where the sun should be is a black hole.

Maybe altering that would help?

I also noticed that it hates any module managers that did not come with itself.

(MM from kopernicus + Kopernicus = success)

(MM latest + Kopernicus = fail)

(MM from kopernicus + star systems= fail)

Star Systems alone is awesome, but I would like more than a star for a destination.:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.