What FPS Does KSP Run For You?

michaelsteele3

120. All time every day. Unless I make a craft over 500 parts :\ In which case it drops down to around 35. @worir4 you use a program to measure the FPS. For example, Fraps gives a readout of the FPS in (nearly) any program you have open.

In the 30's with huge ships, or multiple large ships, or planes with particularly complex wing surfaces/etc. because I run far, usually it's in the 100-120 fps region and can go as high as the frame limiter allows, 180 iirc.

Edited by _Aramchek_

Anywhere from 24 to 60, if I limit fps to 60...if not it generally clicks along at 54 on average.

As someone posted earlier - use Razor Gamesbooster. Not just for KSP, but most games. On top of that, experiment and adjust settings via your graphics card operating menu, and balance that with the ingame menu...that makes a major difference.

One thing I found out yesterday was that I installed KerbalModManager, and launched the game through that...it launched in 64bit, and gave me warnings, and the game was a bit of a lottery when it ran (but it did run, sometimes)...however, booting out of Gamesbooster, it launches in 32bit - probably something to do with the launch path I set for it.

About 15 or 20? But it seems to get lower with every game launch. The more times I launch and quit it the less FPSs I seem to have. I don't know why and I don't like it. I really don't get it. The first time with fresh install everything works fine on medium terrain details, and then after some launches (and I mean game launches, not rocket launches) it starts to drop for no reason. It's not like I have more and more debris scattered around the KSC, or anything. I try to keep it clean.

Edited by Veeltch

When I build really big things, about .5-2.

Normally, if I stare at the sky, about 30.

Because you can do half a frame per second! :D:P

I'm not so sure, but it's good enough (probably 13-30) until I get upwards of 550-600 parts, such as when I'm doing Naval Battle Club stuff, capital ship vs. capital ship. De lag, she iz real!

And my computer's a 3-year-old ASUS laptop, with a Pentium, as I'm sure many people have heard before. I've got like one gigabyte of RAM... :(

Me need new 'puter.

If I've babied my rig a bit and it's a good day, I can pull ~20fps as long as my camera is focused mostly into the sky/away from whatever celestial body I'm on/orbiting, or in the editors.

If it's a slow day or my camera's focused towards the ground a lot... eh. 8-12.

1500 parts, a couple hundred jet engines drawing fuel and air, and MechJeb. To make it even better, I was running at a low delta t (at low altitude, air intakes produce more air per second with a low delta t). It was for a challenge a year or more ago.

All this on a MacBook Air.

So yeah, sometimes it was less than one FPS. The frame where I released the clamps was particularly bad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.