Options for transfering science?

I've got some science experiments that need to be physically sent back to KSC for analysis, but they're on a ship that wasn't designed for that trip. What are my options, mods included, for moving these experiments to another vessel to get them back to KSC?

For certain experiments that are based off a specific module, ie, goo canisters, do I need to transfer the entire canister, or is there a way to just move the experiment?

Edited by kormer

To the best of my knowledge, you should be able to transfer all data from any science part into a command module by EVA'ing a kerbonaut, approaching and right-clicking on the part to recover the reports, and returning to the pod with the data in hand (or storing it in the appropriate pod by right-clicking as well). You won't be able to reuse the "harvested" parts unless you can reset them at a Mobile Processing Lab (just like with transmitting the data), but you'll get full value for the data just as if you brought the science module itself back.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

For any and all science experiments a Kerbal on EVA can grab the science and transfer it to any command pod. You DO NOT need to bring back the science container to get full credit for the science.

Thanks, I did not know this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.