2nd KRF Formula K Championship

NQMT

1:25 with a regulation cart.

I suspect if I get my 2-wheel/4-wheel steer switch just right on some corners and alter the wing angles I can get more out of it.

Start: MET 1:30

CIvJHm.png

End: MET 2:55

ABQJ3C.png

Track:

t3rpGx.png

I did lower the amount of RCS by half to reduce weight, didn't need all of it for the race anyway even though it fired all the way through. Again, my wings are very aggressive right now, might be slowing me down a tad.

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

Yeah, I'll keep that one as my re-try. Any further ones will be only to get that lap record down :P

Speaking of attempts, just had a crack at race 2 and got 1:32 on the first try. Few more tries and I should get that down a few seconds :3

EDIT:

2nd try, 1:27.

Went wide a few times though and I literally crashed into the recruitment center. Happily i didn't break anything and just skimmed my wheels on the pillars - that was lucky!

Take a look yourself:

Start: MET 6:00. Note I took a screenshot at the same time as I pressed W. As a result it's rolling 0.3m/s... didn't notice that, might have to re-do.

A5MuCJ.png

End: MET 7:27

NXRlyc.png

Line:

U6qHTl.png

Giblets, it's your turn now :)

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

Oh no you didn't! Back to the drawing board then :P

I'm going to adjust my wing angles and try and try again. But not tonight, too tired now. Also, it turns out that any excess weight is bad weight so my shrouds aren't helping much. Will have to see what effects does using other parts has on my craft but I'm not feeling like doing a re-design. I'll make do with this for this season :3 Gotta go to bed, good night and good luck!

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

Race One is now officially closed.

Note to Groovie and Giblets: I'm testing a car that just did a 1:05 around Race One with infinite RCS enabled for testing, expecting a lap of about 1:16 with it off. Bring it on!

Edited by Kyrian

DaPatman, could I ask you to put 3 or 4 upright cubic octagonals behind the driver? Just in case of a roll, to keep the little guy safe.

Done:

TzVvMwJ.png

As is race 2, in a time of 2:01 (MET 1:40 to 3:41):

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I think I could stand to brake less on some of the tighter turns, so I'll probably redo the lap later this week.

I had precisely made a Formula K car some months ago, but I need to apply some changes for it to be in this competition.

When I was a kid I always wanted to be either an astronaut or a F1 driver.

I never knew I could be both at the same time...

I had precisely made a Formula K car some months ago, but I need to apply some changes for it to be in this competition.

When I was a kid I always wanted to be either an astronaut or a F1 driver.

I never knew I could be both at the same time...

That's my dream a, F1 driver, already karting :)

I've always wanted to get into racing, yet I never had the money. I don't know if 15 is too old to start, but I can try.

F1 might not be possible, however F3 or WTCC may be likely in the (very) long run.

I've always wanted to get into racing, yet I never had the money. I don't know if 15 is too old to start, but I can try.

F1 might not be possible, however F3 or WTCC may be likely in the (very) long run.

15 is almost impossible for F1, I only do an arrive and drive karting series, its cheap, maybe 200 bucks a season, but with 15 you could do tudor and any sportscar championship, or you could just build a racecar, because race car. I have actually been karting since I was 10 and I plan on getting my own kart in 2015.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.