2nd KRF Formula K Championship

NQMT

• 1 month later...

Hey Wabbit,

This series is pretty much done, so if you're going to start one I'd love to help, if needed.

Also we've discussed DMP here. Main problem is, time zones. That's why we use PersistentTrails.

Hey Wabbit,

This series is pretty much done, so if you're going to start one I'd love to help, if needed.

Also we've discussed DMP here. Main problem is, time zones. That's why we use PersistentTrails.

Hmm... I might take this to Minmus... That would be cool. Maybe an off-roading championship, or who can make the farthest jump.

• 3 months later...

Nice! Only problem is I hate RCS cars due to constant blowing up on launch. I've got images of the tracks so will try with Mr Agile 1 this weekend if dad will let me on the computer.

EDIT: can't create new thread on iPad. Will make one on PC with zip folder containing the Mr Agiles on weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot race 1 was closed. Oh well. I'll see how Mr Agile 1 goes round anyway. Just started using reaction wheels to assist steering and Mr Agile 1 is very old.

EDIT2: also will make new tracks for KMC championships which should be up by Monday.

Edited by KMC

I think if we were to restart this challenge - and I do miss racing around KSC - it would need to be a little shorter and more exciting for contestants. We usually run out of interest by race 3, with a lot of people on the leaderboards not submitting their entries at all. Gaps between stages are too long as well :S

Then, once it's up and running, we have to fit it around our daily schedules - and sometimes there are other things that take priority.

I'm considering a more compact version of this challenge. Since we have a new aero model, it would be a little bit more interesting - and standard parts have a lot more options and tweakables now too. I think the goal is to keep it simple and accessible - maybe even do away with any plugins and instead focus on a checkpoint based race with physical gates or cones to pass around.

Yes. I had a 0.25 built amphibian that no longer floats correctly due to the indestructible float intakes losing floatyness and indestructibillty.

- - - Updated - - -

Dangit have to make all four tracks as short as the red one.

I think if we were to restart this challenge - and I do miss racing around KSC - it would need to be a little shorter and more exciting for contestants. We usually run out of interest by race 3, with a lot of people on the leaderboards not submitting their entries at all. Gaps between stages are too long as well :S

Then, once it's up and running, we have to fit it around our daily schedules - and sometimes there are other things that take priority.

I'm considering a more compact version of this challenge. Since we have a new aero model, it would be a little bit more interesting - and standard parts have a lot more options and tweakables now too. I think the goal is to keep it simple and accessible - maybe even do away with any plugins and instead focus on a checkpoint based race with physical gates or cones to pass around.

I would love you to do this. It's been too long and with these updates (flaps and such) we can have a radical new update. Physical gates is a good idea and shorter releases are a good idea.

Glad we still got fan support :)

Well, I'll think about it and the logistics of it. I had an idea of opening all races at the same time and collecting times for each race however people see fit - so if they wanted to, they could sacrifice a few hours and do the whole thing in one go instead of having to wait for several weeks to do a few laps.

This would also impose a time window for people to complete races in if they want to be counted towards the championship - with races outside of this limit being counted as practice and could count towards lap records but not leaderboard standings.

The actual race length probably wouldn't change - I like the current tracks, they keep it challenging and interesting but at the same time aren't TOO long.

We could limit it to a set number of races as well, with 1 all-out drag race on the runway, 1 point-to-point and 3 regular races.

Lots of ideas and logistics going on in my head right now. Some could be tricky to implement but I wont say too much yet.

As for rules, we will need the usual weight restrictions, wheel restrictions, RCS regulations and lifting surface restrictions. I'm thinking of allowing ''KERS'' or otherwise moving control surfaces with groups because new physics SHOULD keep infinigliding at bay.

Beyond that, I need to do some testing on the old cubic struts to see whether they are still an exploit they used to be for ultralight, drag-less space frames.

And some ACTUAL trophy signatures would be nice too :P (sadly, my Imageshack account isn't premium anymore because my paypal was blocked - never try to log into paypal through your phone! - so I'd have to find an alternative hosting method for any pins and signs)

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.