2nd KRF Formula K Championship

NQMT

GROOV3ST3R, your car fits the regs. Good luck!

DaPatman, could I ask you to put 3 or 4 upright cubic octagonals behind the driver? Just in case of a roll, to keep the little guy safe. Other than that, nice job, and good luck!

burnoutforzai, if your car has too many struts and you need to redesign, your current laps WILL stand. No need to reattempt.

Edited by Kyrian

Yay :D I'm back!

Also showcasing my use of new parts from 25 :3 The new intakes are lush :3 Work great as intakes AND exhaust. (intakes ARE mounted to a hidden line of struts going the length of the car but are not chassis components - they DO however serve to improve safety. Just try to crash them :) )

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

Give me a moment :3

EDIT:

Gave the first race a go. 1:30on the first recorded try but it's not my best and I ended up with a few questionable corners and one downright cut across the grass. This car is incredibly twitchy and holds the road so well I can just throw it into corners at full speed on full lock and expect to get around. The only problem is that smoothness of my lap suffers quite a bit as a result.

A few tips for all the racers:

- camber and otherwise badly aligned wheels will actually reduce your time. They hinder grip, make for a more unpredictable car and don't make your life easier in corners. In real life, racing camber is very small, almost barely noticeable. Aggressive camber will wreck your performance :S Wheels in KSP only have optimum grip if they are perfectly aligned with the ground.

- shift your centre of gravity as far down as possible by mounting heavy items low on the chassis.

- shift your entire car as far down as you feel comfortable! The idea is to help lower the CoG even more by bringing your chassis down but there are limits. If you hit the ground you can glitch, break things and wreck your car. At best bottoming out will cost you valuable time. KSC is also very uneven with overlaps and invisible kerbs as well as slopes on the outer edges - try to find a good balance for the best clearance and lowest chassis you feel happy with. Low cars handle better and get quicker times.

- Boost all the time. Docking mode and W in EVA seat will see you boost from the start to end. Use that to your advantage. It's especially vital at the start when your vehicle is still and heavy.

- Solar panels are lighter than SOME batteries.

Lastly and MOST importantly, USE ALL WING SURFACES YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE! I cannot stress this enough, if you DON'T put 10 wings on your car, it won't be as good as a car that has 10 wings. MAKE SURE YOUR WINGS GENERATE DOWNFORCE AND NOT LIFT!! Certain angles and reverse mounting techniques can result in wings making your vehicle worse than others.

That's most but not all of my knowledge about Kerbal racing :3 Use it to your advantage. If you knew this already, you are that step closer to being a champion. Good luck!

EDIT 2:

RACE ONE - LAP TIME : 1.30

Start: MET 2:00

eWvSvy.png

End: MET 3:30

JgGJLG.png

Lap:

Z8mQtJ.png

This was a difficult and fast lap. more corners than I could remember really. Boosting right from the start and using most of the allowed track width gave me an edge. My car weighs around 950kg ish dry as far as I can remember so it's not heavy. Lightness and downforce count for a lot here especially with those incredibly tight corners.

Because it's a late time, I won't hold it against you if you don't put me on the main leaderboard for that race. An honorable mention would be fine seeing as the race has already been won by zhollett :3

Camrod Kerman feels good to be back behind the wheel again :3

(He also feels naturally generated, which is what I love so much about him - his name and the fact he has 100% courage but only about 40% stupidity)

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

Oh, no, not at all CaptainGiblets, go away.

Of course you can join! So good to see you and Groovie back, we have burnoutforzai and randomness5555 from the old comps in at the moment too.

Put together a car, and I'll let you and Groovie do Race One a little late. Good luck!

The new, and improved, KR1 from KRG Formula K! (btw KRG stand for Kerbal Racing Garage)

Z30c7wo.png

The KR1 in front of the KRG team facility

GBgQXon.png

Highly developed aero design!

jeLzl7g.png

Camber too force the tires in the road while driving

FM9xGdF.png

Engine bay designed for safety and cooling

ivP2Nvl.png

State-of-the-Art cockpit for maximum safety!

Watch out Formula K, the rookie this year is better than thought...

Specs of the KR1 from KRG Formula K Team

Mass (no rcs) Exactly 1T

Mass (RCS included) 1.2T

Top speed (no rcs) 25.5 m/s

Top speed (RCS included) Around 43 m/s

CRASH RESULTS! all crashes happen at around 25-30 m/s

NO ROLL RESULTS BECAUSE THIS B*TCH GLIDED TO SAFETY!!! THANKS AERO!!!

jAkFQlR.png

Front Impact results

NxlHAKg.png

Side Impact results

Crud! I did my lap but it was on low precision, should I re do the lap or no? I have both the start and finish screenshots.

I think you should redo the lap, I am sure you didn't cut any corners but on low precision you can't be sure of that when you look at the map.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.