[0.25] Art of reentry 1.1

Rareden

Pack of stylish and slightly functional heat shields to protect your kerbals or more important science devices.

Recommend Deadly reentry for this

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download at http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/225416-art-of-reentry

1.1 changelog

[

*Added 2,5m HS.

*Tweaked node positions so the shields will no longer clip through parts.

*Tweaked emissive materials.

]

thanks to "team.leit" for sending me the files after i lost the originals.

Edited by Rareden

Pack of stylish and slightly functional heat shields to protect your kerbals or more important science devices.

Recommend Deadly reentry for this

-cut-

thanks to "team.leit" for sending me the files after i lost the originals.

You're welcome, glad I could help.

team.leit

These parts are really nice! You should lower the bottom nodes, so that the shields do not clip with the parts they are attached to.

Do you plan to add shield with 'standard' sizes (2.5, 3.75 and 5m)?

Thanks for the feedback and yes i will continue to work on this and add standard sizes

Any chance of adding TweakScale functionality?

I dont know how to do that i have no programming skills at all

• 5 months later...

Hello Rareden ! I love your artwork and it's while browsing through your stuff that I came upon these lovely heatshields during 0.25 times. Will you update them for the stock reentry system ? I really love the 6m one! Perfect for protecting landers during a furious Jool aerobrake ! (the texture size is huge though... DDS ?)

Hello Rareden ! I love your artwork and it's while browsing through your stuff that I came upon these lovely heatshields during 0.25 times. Will you update them for the stock reentry system ? I really love the 6m one! Perfect for protecting landers during a furious Jool aerobrake ! (the texture size is huge though... DDS ?)

Wow. I'm glad someone else pulled this thread back from the dead. I think there are a distinct lack of big heat shields for the 1.0 heat models now. I love building huge ships, and aerobraking can be somewhat perilous without a shield, so I'd love for these to be updated.

I've been considering taking a stab at creating my own too, but I'd have to teach myself quite a bit as I've never created a mod before. Done 3d design via blender/3ds before, but never a full textured, working item.

Anyway, OP if you're still around, I'm sure there are quite a few people who would love to see this mod updated.

• 6 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.