Running KSP 0.25 with glxosd results in missing characters in text

Running KSP 0.25 with glxosd, a tool for monitoring FPS, results in missing characters in text.

Example: https://flic.kr/p/p2pNwW

I've had it in various parts of the game, first noticing it when I was typing in a vessel name in the VAB.

The issue occurs with the 32-bit and 64-bit KSP versions, run either directly or through steam, and is not affected by adding LC_ALL=C. It does not occur in .23.5 on either my "clean" copy or my heavily-modded main install. I don't have .24 handy right now.

Any suggestions for fixing this, or for an alternative way to monitor game FPS on Linux?

It still occurs even if KSP's the only window open and I touch nothing while it loads. And as mentioned, it only occurs when using glxosd.

I have found that if the game is started in full screen mode, some resolutions appear normal. 1024x768, 1280x720, and 1280x960 all work. 1280x1024, my primary monitor's native resolution, does not.

Further, if the game is started in a 'working' full screen mode, and then switched to a full screen resolution that normally appears glitched, or to a windowed mode, the text appears normal.

This is usually the result of alt+tabbing out of the game while it is loading. Are you sure you didn't do that?

I doubt it. I alt-tab out whenever I feel like it, with no ill effects whatsoever. (GNU/Linux x86_64)

Even fancy window switching doesn't upset it:

snapshot14.png

I'm pretty sure this 'don't alt-tab' mantra I keep hearing is a Windows thing...

I don't know what window manager you're using though, so YMMV.

TimeControl has an FPS counter, if that's what you're after. Many other handy things too.

That said, I may have to have a play with glxosd, been looking for something like that for a while.

EDIT: Yup, fonts are screwey for me too. (compiled from GIT, as not packaged for Debian)

Been mucking about with this for a while now, got me stumped. Everything else I can find works fine with glxosd.

Edited by steve_v

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.