Project Alexandria: a history of spaceflight done in Real Solar System

Felbourn

You're right. I barely have time to make episode 7 lately. I won't be making any other changes right now. I've tried RVE before with direct help from pingo and Nathan, and still didn't get it working for me.

Well then!! You have done this!! Their blood is on your hands!! Because of your arrogance THIS HAS HAPPENED!!

I hope you know I did not want to do this. I hope you see now that my resolve cannot be broken! Don't test me! You have one week again!! Next time it will be 200 kerbals I promise the machine will not be as humane next time! Good day sir!

[h=1]It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize

There is always a way to solve problems without using violence - Confucius Say[/h]

So Bob, I was wondering if we were going to see the new episode of Alexandria this Monday or not. You said it was about half done last week, when you had been working on it for a week. So, I figured that the other half probably took the same amount of time to make. Please let me know(if you have the time to) if I'm right or not. Either way I can't wait for the new episode! :)

Take your time! If you are anything like me, the more you (or we) obsess with dates, the likelier it'll be they will slip. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Rune. It's done when it's done!

That may be true, though, without deadlines, nothing would ever get done!

Honestly if its easier for you Bob just drop the monday deal all together and release them as you see fit. But regardless above all else. Make sure you keep it as a hobby, y'know? One doesn’t need two jobs. Do whatever you gotta do to keep it fun. As for 1961 being the busiest... hard to say. I always figured the Apollo flights would be more time consuming. But i guess at that point there isnt much to cover on the Soviet side of things. Although we will need one big explosion when you cover the N1 thats a given, lol. Anyway its a hell of a task you've taken on here Bob and i appreciate it greatly. I hope to be able to use Alexandria to show and teach my kids someday. Hell i know ive already learned alot.

Boom! 1961 has begun!

Poyekhali!

Edit: Wait a second. Where is the awesome sound of the R-7's turbopump spinning up before the engines fire with that characteristic "Thud"? I loved how you always got that awesome sound right!

Edit2: Ok, Vostok's sound is as it's supposed to be, it's only Venera's R-7 that skips the turbopump ignition sequence. And you put it twice there! Now that is better fan service :). The bang of the hypergolic cartridges igniting, the fast-changing pitch of the turbopump raising the hairs on your back, then the THUD of engine ignition. Gives me goosebumps every time!

Rune. Also, thanks for something to watch while I have breakfast :)

Edited by Rune

Thanks, Rune. I had to get this episode done before I quit playing KSP, because I was so close to finished with it anyway. I'm glad you liked it. I think it was a good episode to be my last one ever, don't you? But now, these are taking me too long to make, so I am quitting KSP for good. Good luck in your own endeavors! See ya later Kerbonauts!

Thanks, Rune. I had to get this episode done before I quit playing KSP, because I was so close to finished with it anyway. I'm glad you liked it. I think it was a good episode to be my last one ever, don't you? But now, these are taking me too long to make, so I am quitting KSP for good. Good luck in your own endeavors! See ya later Kerbonauts!

I totally understand. Take care!

Haha nice :)

Both the video that I enjoyed and the fact that your "retirement" was only a joke.

I have to say i shed a tear during gagarins launch. Not only for the historical event but also because "ßþõхðûø" was something I said to a very special person as she was heading off to long stay in london nearly tree years ago.

Y'know I knew it was April 1st and my heart still skipped a beat, lol. Congrats on this episode Bob and thank you. This made my Wednesday.

Edit: Amazing episode. Again just learning the little details that i can apply to my own flight here is half the fun. Question though... have you considered an alternate skybox by chance? Ive been using 5thHorseman's skybox for years. It is beautifully accurate. Being able to recognise the constellations is a plus too.

Edited by Motokid600

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.