Project Alexandria: a history of spaceflight done in Real Solar System

Felbourn

Now that you've cleared the Apollo 11 mission. You have room for more Apollo missions and some other firsts in the rest of 1969 I would recommend that you do these.

Mariner 6 and 7 - First two interplanetary spacecraft launched in the same launch window.

Apollo 10 - First test of both the Apollo CSM and LM at the Moon.

Apollo 12 - First Apollo mission using a lunar rover.

Soyuz 4 and 5 - First docking of 2 Manned spacecraft in orbit.

Luna 15 - First Soviet Moon Scooper. Probably just a mention though since it crashed on the surface.

Zond 7 - Probably just another Mention. First really successful Zond spacecraft flight.

Skynet 1A - A real life Terminator reference. At least mention it.

You can mention a few more if you want. I'm sure that a follow up video with these will be just as good as your Apollo 11 video.

On 2/1/2016 at 11:28 PM, Dman979 said:
10 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Now that you've cleared the Apollo 11 mission. You have room for more Apollo missions and some other firsts in the rest of 1969 I would recommend that you do these.

Mariner 6 and 7 - First two interplanetary spacecraft launched in the same launch window.

Apollo 10 - First test of both the Apollo CSM and LM at the Moon.

Apollo 12 - First Apollo mission using a lunar rover.

Soyuz 4 and 5 - First docking of 2 Manned spacecraft in orbit.

Luna 15 - First Soviet Moon Scooper. Probably just a mention though since it crashed on the surface.

Zond 7 - Probably just another Mention. First really successful Zond spacecraft flight.

Skynet 1A - A real life Terminator reference. At least mention it.

You can mention a few more if you want. I'm sure that a follow up video with these will be just as good as your Apollo 11 video.

Hmm, Skynet sounds suspiciously familiar...

On 2/1/2016 at 11:28 PM, Dman979 said:

Oh, are we recommending missions for the next video already?

Soyuz 4 & 5- First docking of two manned spacecraft

Luna 15- "culmination" of the space race, USSR released the flight plan so it wouldn't crash with Apollo 11

Zond 7- A mention, probably. First Zond craft to make a safe flight for the crew.

Soyuz 6, 7, & 8- 3 craft in close formation. In-space welding.

Azur- FRG's first satellite. A mention, maybe?

Skynet 1A- How could you not mention this real-life Terminator reference? :)

Thanks again for doing this series.

yup, there it is! :P

To add to what I said about Luna 15, both Apollo 11 and Luna 15 were orbiting the moon at the same time- literally racing each other to land and return from the moon with a surface sample.

5 minutes ago, Felbourn said:

Stuff about other missions goes in the real 1969 episode.

Still think it would have been a good mention. :D 

Also, I would like to see the Apollo 12 mission. :D 

Edited by davidy12

@Felbourn Awesome Apollo 11 episode. At first my reaction was "what could be in it so that one mission took almost an hour long episode". Well, I was impressed with what I saw. Love the way you merged real life footage with your recreations of those same events. Also, I haven't really noticed low FPS at landing. I was so much in it that I just didn't notice anything different

1 hour ago, Brainpop14 said:

Apollo 12 used a rover to travel long distances. Apollo 15 just perfected the use of a Lunar Rover.

I hate to be that guy, but Apollos 12-14 were H-type missions with no rover. The rover was used on the J-type missions starting with 15. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Apollo_mission_types

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

Is that the site that plays the entire mission from start to finish over the course of about two weeks unless you speed it up? If so then yes I've seen that awesome site.

Edited by Felbourn

21 hours ago, Felbourn said:

Is that the site that plays the entire mission from start to finish over the course of about two weeks unless you speed it up? If so then yes I've seen that awesome site.

I've been watching through that site in my breaks, I've been at it for almost a month and haven't got to the landing yet.  It's awesome.

Maybe that's how I first saw it. :)

Also, to Brainpop, you linked a Soyuz video to me but it was from Orbiter again and we have already established that they sometimes get it wrong (from another video you showed me from Orbiter... can't remember what it was about now, but Orbiter had done it wrong in it). I'm not saying it's wrong in this case. I'm saying it's not valid evidence. We'd need the proof directly from a credible source.

On March 14, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Cydonian Monk said:

Apollo 11 landing was from Fake 1969 confirmed. :D

LOL!!! Their are stupid people in this world. 

@Felbourn: I look forward to the day when telescopes (IE: 30m telescope in Hawaii, European Extremely Large Telescope and Magellan Telescope in Chile) come online in the 2020s. THEN we'll see how conspiracy theorists react.

On 3/14/2016 at 0:30 PM, Cydonian Monk said:

Apollo 11 landing was from Fake 1969 confirmed.

Ahh I see what you did there. I didn't think about that. :D Very funny! Very subtle.

4 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

THEN we'll see how conspiracy theorists react.

It won't be enough. These people have a religion that claims it never happened, and they will not believe ANY evidence that their religion is wrong. It's an ancient human trait.

1 minute ago, Felbourn said:

It won't be enough. These people have a religion that claims it never happened, and they will not believe ANY evidence that their religion is wrong. It's an ancient human trait.

True, even after we go back and their is an iconic photograph of an Astronaut testing the Descent stage ladder, people will deny it.

50 minutes ago, Felbourn said:

Religion, well that's certainly a way to put it, but a bit disparaging to religions. I'd say their denial is much more cult like. Even if you took these people to the actual moon and put a moon rock in their hands, they'd still think it was a sham. 

6 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Even if you took these people to the actual moon and put a moon rock in their hands, they'd still think it was a sham. 

Well of course it's a sham. They're not on the Moon, they're just in a suit that's showing them pictures that make them think they're on the Moon. 

When your mind is as badly broken as that of most Moon deniers, there's little anyone can do to fix it. I still think the proper response is to just walk away. (Though a part of me still wants to reply with 'Of course it was real, we needed to send somebody up to spread chemtrails on the Moon and vaccinate all the Lunar children. Duh.')

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.