Anyone up for barn raising?

SQUAD

I like this a lot! The trailerpark idea is so cool.

The roof of the barn could look a bit rustier.

And I love the windmills. Couldn't we keep 'em instead of replacing them with the later R&D? Pleease? :blush:

And now I'll have to look for my astronaut farmer dvd.

I'm kinda hoping that you can upgrade each building separately, then you can customize more things in the game, and also since I'm assuming it's going to cost money to upgrade these things, you could save money on buildings you're not going to need right then.

On another note, I do really enjoy the new buildings, I hope the other ones are just as awesome! :D

This feels like the space program is really a startup company. Some guys want to go to space, so they buy an abandoned farm in the middle of nowhere, hastily erect some basic facilities, and start building rockets. The barn might be a bit too big, and maybe there should be more farm buildings around, but I like the idea.

Funny, but having a hard time seeing this as an "improvement"

I hope I'm wrong about where I think this is going

Where do you think this is going? They've already said that career mode you'll start out in a very hokey space center and will have to upgrade the buildings over time so you can... well I don't know but I suspect that it'll involve not being able to launch a certain mass of ship until you've upgraded your launch pad, or research more science until you've upgraded your research facilities. Or track further than a certain distance until you've upgraded your tracking station.

If that's where you think this is going, I hope you're right about it.

I have never, ever liked the rusty junkyard aesthetic. Just look at examples of Kerbal engineering ingame, and it's clear these guys know how to build smooth and paint clean. Why would they tolerate baling wire and scrap metal?

The humor in KSP emerges organically from the player's own designs not working as intended. The rusty junkyard look isn't necessary for humor. It just looks pointlessly ugly, not funny.

Great idea! :)

I'll repeat what I've been saying long time ago - tech tree should start with unmanned launches. Kerbals sending tiny crappy rockets into suborbital trajectories. Starting with Mk1 just doesn't seem right.

I disagree.

If you want realism, we'll start with airplanes and airplanes only.

I have never, ever liked the rusty junkyard aesthetic. Just look at examples of Kerbal engineering ingame, and it's clear these guys know how to build smooth and paint clean. Why would they tolerate baling wire and scrap metal?

Because they didn't build it, they bought it? And yeah, they can't stand the junkyardyness of it, that's why they upgrade it to the one we're used to.

I disagree.

If you want realism, we'll start with airplanes and airplanes only.

Rubbish, we should start with just a kerbal and a little telescope.

Rubbish, we should start with just a kerbal and a little telescope.

Even better!

Science will trickle in point by point as you discover planets and asteroids. By the time you have enough to unlock a set of wings, you'll be tired of playing!

I hate to seem so negative.

I love the notion of upgrading the whole facility! Progressively unlocking bigger and better buildings - presumably with increased but well balanced abilities of some sort - is a great idea!

I even like the trailers. I like the bags of cement for the facility under construction. These are clever, humorous, and make sense in the context of the game.

I'm only objecting specifically to the literal junkyard, with actual rusty junk in it, and the cheesy patched together scrap metal walls for the observatory and fuel tanks. Get rid of the junk cars and sewer pipe. Give the observatory simple wooden walls. Make the tanks out of metal plate, but welded together in a regular pattern. These changes will fix all the problems. Please.

I hate to seem so negative.

I love the notion of upgrading the whole facility! Progressively unlocking bigger and better buildings - presumably with increased but well balanced abilities of some sort - is a great idea!

I even like the trailers. I like the bags of cement for the facility under construction. These are clever, humorous, and make sense in the context of the game.

I'm only objecting specifically to the literal junkyard, with actual rusty junk in it, and the cheesy patched together scrap metal walls for the observatory and fuel tanks. Get rid of the junk cars and sewer pipe. Give the observatory simple wooden walls. Make the tanks out of metal plate, but welded together in a regular pattern. These changes will fix all the problems. Please.

I agree, some of the textures are really of putting, i dont like the wood texture, it seems too cartoony

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.