Irritating stage lock

Ok I played this game before this irritating stage lock feature was added. Now I cannot seem to get any rockets to launch without manually activating the engines by right clicking on them and selecting "activate engine". I realize that I am missing something. The tutorial mentioned something about a "stage lock" but went into exactly zero detail about what it is, why it was implemented, and how to turn it off so you can actually launch a rocket.

So...someone please tell me how to turn off this stupid lock...so I can go blow myself up.

Thank you.:mad:

It was added so a cat walking across your keyboard doesn't drop half the rocket.
...snip...

No prizes for guessing what else is also right in front of me as I'm sitting in front of the computer... :P

Edited by Claw
Off topic

I keep forgetting to check if I can do this with key bindings, but for me a better solution than stage lock is two key staging. In Silent Hunter 3 and 4, the enter key used to fire torpedoes. But that led to many poorly time shootings so I set it to be CTRL+Enter.

Now that I am thinking about it, I am going to try to set staging to ALT+Space and see if it lets me. Much better than stage locking IMHO.

If your mouse pointer is in the stage area it will lock the staging and the light goes pink. Presumably this is so you don't accidently trigger it while tweaking your staging setup. If you're not paying attention it can seem like it locks for no reason.

The light at the bottom of the staging display - it will glow pink/purple when staging is locked, and green when unlocked.

Additionally it will flash when unlocked under some conditions (launch, for one) which I think means the game thinks you should stage.

The light will go out (black) if there are no stages left untriggered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.