BahamutoD

[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

Wg2TsDk.png

Landing gear the way you want it!

Download from SpaceDock

v1.2.0 Update Info

v1.1.1 Update Info

v1.1.0 Update info

No longer requires Firespitter!

This is a small part pack of landing gear that you can adjust to suit your needs.

Currently there are three parts: The standard single wheel version, and a slightly buffed two-wheel version and a larger 4-wheel version (although, all parts can be rescaled).

Using the tweakable sliders you can change:

- Ride height

- Leg angle

- Wheel angle

- Suspension spring

- Suspension damper

- Scale

- Brake torque

- Max steering angle

You can also click on "Auto-align wheel" to make the wheels perpendicular to the ground.

It also has steering and a motor.

Similar to the B9 wheels, you can "Toggle Heatshielding" to turn the bay doors black!

-Note: These are intended for use in the SPH only.

HatefulLankyAmericantoad.gif

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Powered by BDAnimationModules. (Included) (Source linked in thread)

Credit to Snjo for the original FSWheel and related classes.

License: CC-BY-SA 3.0

Edited by BahamutoD

Wow...

They're a beautiful solution to a problem I didn't even know I had

Thank you so much!

Wow. how many more replys that start with the word "wow" ? but still, this is absolutely amazing.

Wow I totally forgot to fix something at the last minute. I uploaded v1.0.1, but the only difference is:

- Set "useCustomParticleFX = true" in bdAdjLGside.cfg

so it has the particle effects on tire screeching.

Wow, this will really help with spaceplanes, because now there's much less fear of tailstrikes when you try jacking up the nose for takeoff lift. I've always been annoyed at the shortness of the stock landing gear.

Cool! I have been waiting for a mod like this. Some of the AJE engines need a lot of clearance.

I really like these landing gear. They might very well be the only ones I ever use from this point on. Thanks for making them.

it's the little things that make this extra great - like the fact that the wheel bay doors stay closed while the landing gear are deployed. Very cool!

The final solution to all clearance, footprint, stability and veering issues the old gear were prone to. :) I really love this mod.

Dear BahamutoD, I have a problem with the wheels sinking into the ground and not doing anything

Excellent! Been wanting a mod like this for a long time. Dang, you make a lot of great mods.

Wow this is a nice mod I'm gonna have to test this out one day.

This is just so much needed ! Thanks a lot for this great addition.

Liked, subscribed, +rep, downloaded, ... and all these kind of stuff ^^

I was excited by the video a few days back. They do everything I could want of landing gear save one - docking to carrier decks!

Dear BahamutoD, I have a problem with the wheels sinking into the ground and not doing anything

Make sure you have the firespitter plugin. It uses the firespitter wheel module, so it requires the Firespitter plugin despite that plugin not being included in the download.

I've been looking at your profile every day, seeing if you had release it already. Can't wait to try it out.

I hope I can get it working with my modded install. Thank you. You do awesome work!

Excellent stuff, solves a lot of problems.

One tiny issue, if the brakes are triggered while the gear is moving, the indicator light won't go back to blue again.

Also a thought: Would it possible/useful to have the leg's forward/backward angle adjustable as well?

Make sure you have the firespitter plugin. It uses the firespitter wheel module, so it requires the Firespitter plugin despite that plugin not being included in the download.

I have the same problem, yet I installed it. Does the Firespitter plugin need to be in a certain folder or something? It does seem to load it as it says it's not compatible with 0.25 (which is weird since I got the latest version).

BD, you're my hero.

Can anyone tell me where in the tech tree this is real quick, please say the node after the first stock gear. ;)