[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

Any way / chance of future feature that the "Toggle Heatshielding" would actually add DRE heatshielding?

The new years are amazing and work better than stock! :D

Well, since the firespitter tank switcher allows tanks to switch resources as well as textures, and DRE heat shields use the resource ablative shielding, I guess it could be possible.

After all the cfg editing, rescaling, attach node adjusting I've done with the stock gear bay... never again! All those problems are now fixed. :D

I see there could still be a need for both larger and smaller scale versions, but as long as they work just like these it'll be perfect!

Ok with this mod installed I hang on load. I've checked and I do have a few mods with firespitter. Any suggestions?

x64 linux

EDIT: Might be a coincidence but its about the time I get the Module Manager patches applied notice.

EDIT2: I made no changes and it worked. Whatever. Might I suggest putting the gear in the advanced landing node after the first gear? [TechRequired = advLanding] So they are less of a replacement and more of an upgrade?

Edited by UAL002

Things I noticed:

1) Attaching in symmetry, launching, then turning on motors and attempting to drive results in the motor on one side being reversed - have to enable/disable reversed motor on one wheel, by default.

2) Possibly at all times, but definitely when tweakscaled to 500%, raising gear and having your plane come to rest on the ground, then lowering gear again does not cause the plane to raise back up (landing gear lowering doesn't push the plane up).

3) Takes a very long time / multiple presses of keys (or something, don't really know what's going on here) for a change in direction to register when driving with motor-enabled wheels. Meaning that once you accelerate a little, to the (apparent) max forward speed of the wheel, stepping on reverse (i.e. the S key) doesn't seem to slow down the vehicle.

4) Can the wheels be made only to apply force while the W/S keys are pressed, perhaps with a separate cruise control option?

I think if the internal variables (the ones used in the code, I don't know, I just remember vaguely something Biotronic wrote about this) that need to scale with size can be identified, TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS definitions can be written that make various strengths scale appropriately (like suspension, motor power, etc.)...

Otherwise they do actually work, though they don't seem very springy at all and their torque seems crazy, when tweakscaled.

EDIT: Additional thing that would be awesome, if you're happy to have suggestions, is to be able to alter the length of the gear so that tripod-style gear sticking out at an angle can be made longer, or nose gear shorter, to get level-ish footprint on the ground.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

I can't get it to work, maybe because I'm using .25 and the Firespitter plugin isn't working?

On the firespitter topic, there's a link to snjo's DL page for firespitter: http://snjo.github.io/ I believe the "download plugin" just downloads the firespitter dll, and it's a newer version that works in .25. Someone please correct me if that's wrong. :)

On the firespitter topic, there's a link to snjo's DL page for firespitter: http://snjo.github.io/ I believe the "download plugin" just downloads the firespitter dll, and it's a newer version that works in .25. Someone please correct me if that's wrong. :)

I did that, but the gear just has the same tweakables that the B9 gears (which these were derived from) has. I'm using a Mac, if that helps.

3) Takes a very long time / multiple presses of keys (or something, don't really know what's going on here) for a change in direction to register when driving with motor-enabled wheels. Meaning that once you accelerate a little, to the (apparent) max forward speed of the wheel, stepping on reverse (i.e. the S key) doesn't seem to slow down the vehicle.

I can't say about what code this is using or how it works, but this is "normal" behavior on the stock rover wheel code. Max speed means zero torque regardless of direction.

Sorry if someone addressed this and I haven't seen it but when I go into the SPH and try to configure the wheels, none of the sliders are available? I have the latest FireSpitter and I think the issue may be to do with tweakable everything mod :P looking into it now

thanks for this mod baha, i was using the old b9 legs which i had to rest them on the wings of my plane, unfortunately they clipped through the wings and it didnt look very nice, now i can use your legs and attach them to the body and angle them so that i have nice smooth looking wings. the only down side is that there are still no gears with integrated lighting besides stock :(

Javascript is disabled. View full album

p.s. yes i am using your RCS parts too :)

Edited by endl