[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

Hey +Baha, 3-4* things to report unsure if they've been mentioned, and do let me know if these are things you would need a log for or whatever, I'll provide whatever needed!

1) I have my plane's #1 Action Group set to "Taxi Mode", in which all 3 wheel's motors and the front wheel's steering will be toggled On. This works only until I raise and lower the landing gear. Even just sitting on the air-strip I can tap G in quick succession and suddenly the wheel's motors will stop working. However the steering still works.

-Gear's motors stop working after raising and lowering the wheels once.

2) Whenever the motors are working (aka when the plane spawns, before raising/lowering the gears) and I press W or S to run back/forth, the plane will not move in a straight line (unlike using the Stock game's landing gear or B9's); when I hold down W or S the plane will move forth and automatically steer to the left. NOTE: This also happens when I disable Dynamic Steering (whatever that is :P).

-Craft will not taxi in a straight line using the landing gear's motors.

3) Whenever I'm inputting anything to the landing gear (i.e. holding W,A,S or D for motor-movement) my FPS suddenly drop and tank at what seems a solid 15 or 20 (maybe a little less or a little more, not entirely sure). I noticed this specifically whenever the "Taxi Mode" was On (all wheel's motors ON and front wheel's steering toggled).

-FPS Tank/Drop whenever the landing gear are receiving any kind of input on my end.

4*) Not sure if this is on purpose or an issue :P but going to mention it anyway just in case: Whenever I raise or lower the gear I hear a rather low pitch, slightly reverberated metallic 'Bonk' kinda noise. If it is on purpose I'd love to know what's actually making that noise :P Not knowing why would the gear produce that noise and hearing it every time I raise or lower them is very distracting xD Though of course I'm not demanding an explanation here, just would like to know if possible :P

Thanks again in advance for the reply and a ton for the mod and your time! And as I said, if you need a log of me going in game and reproducing all of these things I can do that, just let me know! Would love to know if I'm the only one experiencing this as it could be my game due to some other mod, not sure!

P.S.: The plane is making use of the F-22-eske cockpit and a few missiles and mini-gun. I believe those are all yours too correct?

EDIT: Here are some reference pictures to show the dry and wet center of mass of the craft, as well as the wheel's alignment:

Profile High.

Profile Low.

Frontal.

Edited by MonaBabii
Pictures.

4*) Not sure if this is on purpose or an issue :P but going to mention it anyway just in case: Whenever I raise or lower the gear I hear a rather low pitch, slightly reverberated metallic 'Bonk' kinda noise. If it is on purpose I'd love to know what's actually making that noise :P Not knowing why would the gear produce that noise and hearing it every time I raise or lower them is very distracting xD Though of course I'm not demanding an explanation here, just would like to know if possible :P

That's the sound of the gear deploying / raising... :) It's just that they've been silent until now, but in reality this can be quite noisy from within the craft.

That's the sound of the gear deploying / raising... :) It's just that they've been silent until now, but in reality this can be quite noisy from within the craft.

I'm all up for clearly loud things making actual loud noises :P and the noise the gears make when raising or lowering is just fine for me :D What I'm talking about is that very specific impact "Bonk" noise lol, it sounds cartooney almost.

1: That functionality is part of Firespitter. If it bugs you too much, you can report it as an issue on Snjo's github :P.

2: I think it would be useful, and I will look into it.

Hmh, I see. Well, it's not too bothersome.

And very cool, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm late to the party, but here is mine.... Wow........................

Looking great and have been needed for some time... Thanks.

Looking forward to Big Beefy Honkers for those really over the top heavy weight designs...

Thanks for all of your Mods.... Great stuff....

The sounds of the tires screeching are very short, and very high-pitched, like it was sped way up. Still can't stop me from putting them on every single plane in my hangar! :D

They're not going to be prolonged screeches like a car in a parking lot. They are simply chirps of rubber making first contact with the runway. I'll listen again later, but I thought they sounded fairly spot on! ;D

@hiewiey:

Post your Player.log. All we have so far is that is that none of your Firespitter menus are working, which suggests an installation or permissions problem.

@BahamutoD:

It's been a while since a mod has changed my game this much. The suspension is a fantastic addition, too. :)

Wow.. Such Awesome!! Much Needed!!!

This will alleviate many of the issues that crop up when building space planes, going to see what happens if I install it on my .24.2 save as that is the one I'm still playing. If it doesn't work then oh well, this may be the mod that gets me to update and start my career over. Great job as always!

4: I'm not sure what you mean by this, but wheel motors are just intended for taxiing your plane around the landing site/ksc, not for long cruises..

What I mean is: would it be possible to have the wheels be "throttled up" (providing constant force to move the plane forward) only so long as the W key is pressed? Not that the brakes would be applied if you let off W, but no more energy would be put into the system, as it were. A separate key could lock in the kind of "cruise control" that occurs now simply by holding W for a while and then subsequently not braking.

As things are now, it seems to operate like many wheels, meaning you press W and the "throttle value" is increased, and remains at the new level until something changes. Does that make any more sense (hopefully)? I may be the only one that prefers things this way, however.

Well, what can I say? They work. It's better than the alternative for sure, but is it possible to adjust their height? That's the issue with almost all landing gear is one size does not fit all. You can finagle these better but it still leaves one wanting.

Yes, height is adjustable. These things are really amazing. Try it if you haven't already. You WILL NOT be disappointed.