[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

Thanks for idea(s)...

I was looking through the .cfg files and in the Module area noticed BoundsCollider = bounds but in other places it was commented out.

I comment it out and now my wheels are working...

Go figure???????

But again, thanks for ideas, help and reply(s)....

Cheers.

Edit... H'mmmm, now my wheels are 'hovering' above the runway....

If it not one thing, it is another.....

??

Cheers.

EDIT:::: Me BAD.....

Forgot to move Firespitter over into my testing area.....

No bacon, coffee and doughnuts for me today......

Damn.

Again thanks for all help and replies...

Would it be possible to get internal landing gear lights???

Just a thought...

Edited by drtedastro

Hey +Baha, 3-4* things to report unsure if they've been mentioned, and do let me know if these are things you would need a log for or whatever, I'll provide whatever needed!

1) Gear's motors stop working after raising and lowering the wheels once.

2) Craft will not taxi in a straight line using the landing gear's motors.

3) FPS Tank/Drop whenever the landing gear are receiving any kind of input on my end.

4*) metallic 'Bonk' kinda noise. If it is on purpose I'd love to know what's actually making that noise

Thanks again in advance for the reply and a ton for the mod and your time! And as I said, if you need a log of me going in game and reproducing all of these things I can do that, just let me know! Would love to know if I'm the only one experiencing this as it could be my game due to some other mod, not sure!

P.S.: The plane is making use of the F-22-eske cockpit and a few missiles and mini-gun. I believe those are all yours too correct?

1: Confirmed. I'll look into it.

2: I'll refer you to my reply to AccidentalDisassembly's first concern in this post.

3: I was unable to reproduce this, though if there is a problem there, its most likely with Firespitter. If anything comes up in the log during that behavior, send me the log.

4: It's supposed to be the sound of the bay doors closing. The different noises during gear deploy/retract are part of one audio clip, so if your FPS is less than nominal, the sounds might not line up. I might write my own sound effect handler for that reason.

PS: Yep, those are mine as well :)

• Is it possible to have a tweak button to add/remove a set of gears from the braking action group? This ability is present on the stock gear.
  • It's not immediately obvious what "dynamic steering" does.
  • It's not obvious which keys control the motor.

- You can remove the brake action from the action group editor menu the usual way.

- Dynamic Steering is part of the Firespitter wheel module. It reduces the max steer angle of the wheel as your craft moves faster over the surface to reduce the chance of turning too hard and flipping over.

- The usual keys you use for rover wheels control the motor and steering. So WASD unless you changed it.

Edited by BahamutoD

+Baha Good to hear about the replies :) However the one about my plane unable to Taxi in a straight line... I did read that reply post of yours and pretty much all of them. Got all of my plugins up to date, the wheels are perfectly aligned (edited my post with pictures) and the plane's dry and wet centers of mass are rock solid too (plane is just as stable when completely out of fuel, in VTOL mode even).

So still not sure what could be causing that sadly. Perhaps an affect of the low FPS issue I'm experiencing :( But thanks for the replies!

Like all of your stuff, this is superb! For the motor on one side going the wrong way issue, IIRC the reverseMotorSet bool in FS is public, so you might be able to make your plugin tweak it back to the correct value after it's done its magical rotaty thing.

Good work, dude, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

+Baha Good to hear about the replies :) However the one about my plane unable to Taxi in a straight line... I did read that reply post of yours and pretty much all of them. Got all of my plugins up to date, the wheels are perfectly aligned (edited my post with pictures) and the plane's dry and wet centers of mass are rock solid too (plane is just as stable when completely out of fuel, in VTOL mode even).

So still not sure what could be causing that sadly. Perhaps an affect of the low FPS issue I'm experiencing :( But thanks for the replies!

So you already tried reversing the motor on the gear attached to the right side of your plane?

Like all of your stuff, this is superb! For the motor on one side going the wrong way issue, IIRC the reverseMotorSet bool in FS is public, so you might be able to make your plugin tweak it back to the correct value after it's done its magical rotaty thing.

Good work, dude, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

I still don't know how to access other mod's vars without creating hard dependency. I keep hearing about 'reflection' and have researched it but it's all very confusing. Any help on that would be appreciated.

I'm really sorry for asking this dumb question....But where is the fighter cockpit? I've been searching and barely found this, but can't find the cockpit.

With all of your mods combined....the possibilities...as soon as I get a computer back I'm making an install devoted to BD.

I'm really sorry for asking this dumb question....But where is the fighter cockpit? I've been searching and barely found this, but can't find the cockpit.

With all of your mods combined....the possibilities...as soon as I get a computer back I'm making an install devoted to BD.

It's in my signature - "Mk2 Lightning Cockpit".

Yeah, I see your point on the dependency... Reflection is still all witchcraft to me too, but it's probably something I should know how to use, so I'll fork, experiment and send a pull request if I get it sorted :)

Update

v1.0.2

- Fixed motor becoming broken after retracting wheel.

Notes:

In order to fix this, I had to rewrite the animation handling code so that it worked more properly with FSwheel, so if you have a craft that has landing gear that starts retracted, it might be wonky in the SPH until you either reset its deploy/retract state, or delete and replace it. Crafts that are already out in the world should be unaffected, but the worst case scenario is that a craft's landing gear is deployed when it should have been retracted.

Edited by BahamutoD

from what I'm seeing, can we only get the gear to bend in a positive direction at the top and negative at the bottom and vice versa? I wanted some side deploying landing gear, but it's looking like that isn't possible as flip inverts both of these axes.

from what I'm seeing, can we only get the gear to bend in a positive direction at the top and negative at the bottom and vice versa? I wanted some side deploying landing gear, but it's looking like that isn't possible as flip inverts both of these axes.

Give me a picture if what you have in mind, and I'll see if it's possible

BahamutoD: fantastic work you've done. Thanks for this jewel of a mod!

I wondered if the new version is supposed to include the small window with animation info and gear state info in it. It seems like it's something that you use to debug, no? Included is a screenshot of the window I'm seeing. It also remains in flight.

Cheers!

ShtVJWC.png

I wondered if the new version is supposed to include the small window with animation info and gear state info in it. It seems like it's something that you use to debug, no? Included is a screenshot of the window I'm seeing. It also remains in flight.

Cheers!

http://i.imgur.com/ShtVJWC.png

I am getting this too, is there a way to turn it off ?

Great landing gear! :)

SUGGESTION:

Would it be possible to add landing lights to the wheels like the stock wheels have?

Edited by sysigy

Cheers!

http://i.imgur.com/ShtVJWC.png

I am getting this too, is there a way to turn it off ?

Ooooops, download v1.0.3.

Update

v1.0.3

- Removed debug labels from BDAdjustableLandingGear