[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

from what I'm seeing, can we only get the gear to bend in a positive direction at the top and negative at the bottom and vice versa? I wanted some side deploying landing gear, but it's looking like that isn't possible as flip inverts both of these axes.
Give me a picture if what you have in mind, and I'll see if it's possible
@BahamutoD Sounds like the landing gear from nli2work's RetroFuture pack. Gear itself would be facing 90 degrees from point of origin. I.E. Belly-mounted gear like on the P-51. Photo of Landing Gear

Also, the Dream Chaser's rear gear fold in sideways that way. I'd love to see this too.

Edited by Alshain

Seeing as this is all about planes... flying at alt of around 13000/14000 my pilot disappears and I lose control of the plane. I don't want to derail this thread, so could someone direct me to where this problem is being discussed? I've searched all over but cant find anything about it.

By-the-way, this mod is great, I love it!

@kcs123, Well done thread, but my plane design is fine. It's the pilot in lower right that simply disappears at higher alt. The plane stays intact and simply drifts down as if the pilot bailed out.

So as to not derail, I'll post a new topic in support. Sorry OP, I should have done that to start with.

@BahamutoD small request. could you add KSP-AVC support? its very simple, and makes keeping one's overflowing GameData folder up to date without having to scavenge these forums, as much fun as that is to do. Absolutely love your mod, wouldn't ask otherwise

@BahamutoD small request. could you add KSP-AVC support? its very simple, and makes keeping one's overflowing GameData folder up to date without having to scavenge these forums, as much fun as that is to do. Absolutely love your mod, wouldn't ask otherwise

You may also find it helpful to make an account at KerbalStuff and "follow" all of the mods hosted there. Between that, KSP-AVC, and subscribing to dev and release threads on this forum, I'm pretty confident about staying on top of mod updates. (I've also made a Github account and have considered hunting down and following all of the mod repos hosted there, but haven't felt the need to go that far yet.)

Give me a picture if what you have in mind, and I'll see if it's possible

ZeQFgxA.png

This is what I had in mind. Of course it's kind of tight with the angles to actually do this (25+60 <= 90) but even placing them slightly down the sides of the would be neat. Or just add another 5 degrees too.

How do you install this? I took the bolded folder and put that in the gamedata folder of ksp ad it doesn't work. Adjustable_Landing_Gear-1.0.3 2/GameData/BahaSP

also i have your lightning cockpit installed and it's also called bahasp so i renamed the one for the gears as adjustable gears but still no go.

I have no doubt that these will one day become stock parts. Wonderful wonderful job. These are preciely what is missing from stock along with a few other obvious things but the current selection of landing gear is just unacceptable. You sir get an A+

ibF2HY.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ZeQFgxA.png

This is what I had in mind. Of course it's kind of tight with the angles to actually do this (25+60 <= 90) but even placing them slightly down the sides of the would be neat. Or just add another 5 degrees too.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'll see.

How do you install this? I took the bolded folder and put that in the gamedata folder of ksp ad it doesn't work. Adjustable_Landing_Gear-1.0.3 2/GameData/BahaSP

also i have your lightning cockpit installed and it's also called bahasp so i renamed the one for the gears as adjustable gears but still no go.

Never rename folders when installing mods. You should merge the two BahaSP folders. You also need Firespitter.dll as stated, which should be in GameData/Firespitter/Plugins/

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'll see.

Never rename folders when installing mods. You should merge the two BahaSP folders. You also need Firespitter.dll as stated, which should be in GameData/Firespitter/Plugins/

Is it a known issue that the small landing gear bay doesn't close? 0Tny6cd.png

You may also find it helpful to make an account at KerbalStuff and "follow" all of the mods hosted there. Between that, KSP-AVC, and subscribing to dev and release threads on this forum, I'm pretty confident about staying on top of mod updates. (I've also made a Github account and have considered hunting down and following all of the mod repos hosted there, but haven't felt the need to go that far yet.)

I do, and yes it helps. But wouldn't it be awesome if every mod creator started using AVC and all our games would check themselves for us??

No help, unfortunately. If you make a new craft with the small gear, does it still happen?

New Craft, new placement, same gear bay, same problem. It is just an aesthetic problem for now. Everything works brilliantly and I stand by my first post and I will continue doing so until these parts are added into the stock game.

NNsepWX.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by sp1989