[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

Not exactly, because Tweakscale would also scale up the suspension, the bay, etc. The wheel location would have to be bigger, yes, but the rest of the bay would be the same. If you tweakscale the entire thing, the wheel would get bigger, yes, but the suspension would also get longer thus negating the effect of making the wheel bigger.

Anyone else still getting the thing where if you retract gear while you're sitting on the runway, then try to re-extend, they don't push the plane back up (go right through the ground)?

Yes, I am getting that as well. Also, even at launch, my wheels are halfway into the runway...

Anyone have any cures, ideas ?????

Cheers.

Anyone else still getting the thing where if you retract gear while you're sitting on the runway, then try to re-extend, they don't push the plane back up (go right through the ground)?

I've got that too.

This happens with a completely new KSP install with only this mod. When I launch, the landing gear start out stowed and take several seconds to deploy, during which time the plane falls and blows up. Even if I hack gravity while the landing gear are deploying, they will still fall through the ground.

As you've probably guessed by now, this kind of ruins the point of landing gear. So, if anyone finds a way to fix this, that would be great.

Yes, I am getting that as well. Also, even at launch, my wheels are halfway into the runway...

Anyone have any cures, ideas ?????

Cheers.

I've got that too.

This happens with a completely new KSP install with only this mod. When I launch, the landing gear start out stowed and take several seconds to deploy, during which time the plane falls and blows up. Even if I hack gravity while the landing gear are deploying, they will still fall through the ground.

As you've probably guessed by now, this kind of ruins the point of landing gear. So, if anyone finds a way to fix this, that would be great.

Hello,try this MM patch and tell me if it's any help

@PART[BD_Adj*]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[FSwheel]
{
@disableColliderWhenRetracting = False
@disableColliderAtAnimTime = 0.7
{
}

Hello,try this MM patch and tell me if it's any help
{
@MODULE[FSwheel]
{
@disableColliderWhenRetracting = False
{
}

Ok, first thanks for the config.

My wheels are still 'above' the runway, that's fine. Someone - somewhere said that might have something to due with the mesh and wheel radius.

My langing gear all are deployed and the correct length now, when i go to launch. Before it was hit or miss if some would be 'shorter' / the default length.

However if i retract my gear while on the runway, the plane settles into the 'ground' and when the gear is redeployed it stays there.....

Very strange...

I know NOTHING about the meshes, models, gobbity gook so I am no help there.. However I can 'test' configs with great bravado....

Cheers.

Ok, first thanks for the config.

My wheels are still 'above' the runway, that's fine. Someone - somewhere said that might have something to due with the mesh and wheel radius.

My langing gear all are deployed and the correct length now, when i go to launch. Before it was hit or miss if some would be 'shorter' / the default length.

However if i retract my gear while on the runway, the plane settles into the 'ground' and when the gear is redeployed it stays there.....

Very strange...

I know NOTHING about the meshes, models, gobbity gook so I am no help there.. However I can 'test' configs with great bravado....

Cheers.

OK,let's give this one more chance:

{
@MODULE[FSwheel]
{
%wheelColliderRadius = 0.305
{
}

I can't code so i can't help you any further.Landing gear still clips through runway when animation starts(retract).I hope BahamutoD will sort this out when he finished "future weapons" for his BDArmory.

Edited by sebi.zzr

OK,let's give this one more chance:
{
@MODULE[FSwheel]
{
%wheelColliderRadius = 0.305
{
}

I can't code so i can't help you any further.Landing gear still clips through runway when animation starts(retract).I hope BahamutoD will sort this out when he finished "future weapons" for his BDArmory.

Hey, no worries... Many thanks for taking a shot at helping me.

I am downloading now and will be testing in the next few min.

Again, thanks.

Edit: Update: Still the same problem. When the craft retracts its landing gear, it goes down on its belly as it should. However, after having the gear extend again, the craft stays on its 'belly' and does not come back up...

Magic either at work, or is needed......

Thanks for the help. We will get this one fixed soon I am sure. I just have to remember not to do belly flop landings and then try to lower gear....

lol...

Edit2: I have just thought of something. I am running RSS, and it 'applies' a special mesh to the body surface. When I look at the plane with the landing gear below the surface of the airstrip, they look to be riding on the lower mesh. I am pushing the RSS site down so that there is minimal space between the flat surface body and the runway mesh. Will see if this makes a difference....

YES, if you are using RSS and having issues with the gear falling through the runway when you retract and then deploy the gear can be be fixed by editing the rss site config file and 'adjusting' the height of the site ....

Thanks for your help. Your work / ideas help push me to where I could see the problem better...

Cheers.

Edited by drtedastro

My problem is even simpler than having trouble re-opening the gear: the damn plane falls through the runway, but only on one gear at a time. The other one stays working. The pattern appears to be random, but it only happened a couple of times, and only to gear mounted on the sides of my fuselage with the wheels forced to positions outside of their limits using 'auto align'. Might be an anomaly not worth looking at.

Edited by Volt

No clue why some are having problems. Have been using both type of gear and no problems at all. Never falling though anything, stock runway, ground, or KerbinSide runways and extend and retract have worked every time without a hitch after the door fix.

No clue why some are having problems. Have been using both type of gear and no problems at all. Never falling though anything, stock runway, ground, or KerbinSide runways and extend and retract have worked every time without a hitch after the door fix.

Well, the issue for me is not that the gear just up and fall through stuff (apparently like others) - and they do extend and retract. The issue is that, if you are already landed on the runway or any other surface, THEN you retract gear, the ship will settle onto the ground like normal. But when you re-extend the gear, the gear do not push the ship upward like they should.

On the other hand, if you take off, raise the gear, then lower the gear and land, they work as advertized. Try raising them and re-lowering them while you're standing still on the runway.

Well, the issue for me is not that the gear just up and fall through stuff (apparently like others) - and they do extend and retract. The issue is that, if you are already landed on the runway or any other surface, THEN you retract gear, the ship will settle onto the ground like normal. But when you re-extend the gear, the gear do not push the ship upward like they should.

On the other hand, if you take off, raise the gear, then lower the gear and land, they work as advertized. Try raising them and re-lowering them while you're standing still on the runway.

This makes me wonder if after "sinking" the gear like that, you raise the craft back above the ground (using vtol or hack-gravity) that the wheels may work once they come in contact with the ground again?

The attempted fixes a few posts back seem to indicate that the collisions are disabled during the animation or some such.

This makes me wonder if after "sinking" the gear like that, you raise the craft back above the ground (using vtol or hack-gravity) that the wheels may work once they come in contact with the ground again?

The attempted fixes a few posts back seem to indicate that the collisions are disabled during the animation or some such.

Makes sense, going to try that fix (can't believe I didn't remember someone posted that...) and see what happens. I did once have a tipped-over vessel where one half of its wheels, on one side, were sunk into the ground when I lowered the gear - but the other gear on the other side, when lowered, were above ground. When I tried to rotate the vessel around, the gear that had ended up above ground did strike the ground, if I remember right, anyway...

I did, started on the runway, raised the gear, lowered again and the ship lifted right back up.

Suggestion to consolidate all the modules you have into just "Landing Gear". Currently, there are three modules ("FSpartTurner", "FStextureSwitch2" and "FSwheel") that all show up in separate categories in the new "Filter by Module" option in the new advanced part filter. If you can put everything under "Landing Gear", your parts will show up alongside the stock landing gear in the appropriate filter.

Suggestion to consolidate all the modules you have into just "Landing Gear". Currently, there are three modules ("FSpartTurner", "FStextureSwitch2" and "FSwheel") that all show up in separate categories in the new "Filter by Module" option in the new advanced part filter. If you can put everything under "Landing Gear", your parts will show up alongside the stock landing gear in the appropriate filter.

Those are all Firespitter modules, so nothing BahamutoD can do about it.