[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

Did anyone test this with TweakScale?

Did you press the Adjustment: show button?

I did VERY LIMITED (meaning you should test it too) testing with TS - and while the gear worked when scaled up, it *seemed* to me that certain values (like shock absorption/travel of the gear, possibly motor strength) didn't scale appropriately. YMMV. May be fixable via TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS {} fiddling? Not sure.

Just found this mod yesterday, loving it, aside from the very rare collider issues:

http://i.imgur.com/L2M9xx7.jpg

That's only happened twice, and yes, my front wheel is extended.

Unity/KSP limitation, basically colliders only interact when they intersect each other's surfaces, basically they're hollow shells, if you're going fast enough the wheel's collider will clear the surface of the ground between frames/physics ticks, the game sees the collider one one side then on the other, doesn't cause an interaction (some more sophisticated physics engines can assume they intersected based on that information but ancient physx doesn't) way to get around it is to give the engine as much time as possible to register the collision, ie touch down gently (you should anyway).

Anyone experience strange floating behavior if returning to a parked aircraft at the space center?

I need to do more testing, but it seems like craft with this gear start to lift and roll into the ground upon "flying" them from the space center screen.

Two things:

1. No landing gear that looks OK underside mk.2 cockpit as a nose landing gear. They are too long for that.

2. Spring/damping adjustments. Take-and-guess is a difficult indeed, especially of one's heavily modded ksp crashes after 4 or so reverts or craft recoveries. Make them adjustable in flight, that is entirely technologically possible - aircraft gears use compressed air instead of springs, so pumping it mid-flight is quite easy.

I used to have the same problem with the wheels collapsing through the ground on craft load. They used to work when I first downloaded 0.90, but somehow I overwrote the working Firespitter dll with an older version when I was updating mods. Don't download the plugin file from the author's page as it isn't updated yet, I instead took one from RoverDude's mods and adjustable landing gear works fine now.