[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

My wheels are having problems. The symmetry isn't working right, the single wheel gear isn't mirrored, its doubled, so that the wheel is on the same side of both gears. Also, I have no "auto align" button. I got the firespitter.dll but I don't know if I put it in the right place. I just dropped it in gamedata. Help please :(

• 2 weeks later...
any chance the 1.0 stock gear can be integrated into this mod, would love to be able to play around with the wheel angles for the big plane gear

If you look closely at the way the stock gear are built and the way the way the adjustable gear move, you'll see that this isn't possible. The stock gear have an arm attaching the lower and upper parts, which must be able to separate in order to be adjustable.

Having played about with this for a little while in 1.0, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it works okay(ish) - main thing I've spotted so far is a massive framerate drop on opening the tweakable menu - aside from that, they seem to behave themselves pretty well.

nuFAR determines the voxel profile of an aircraft to determine drag. For some reason, adjustable landing gears always show up with a bulky cube, bringing huge amount of drag in nuFAR. Stock gears are fine.

nuFAR determines the voxel profile of an aircraft to determine drag. For some reason, adjustable landing gears always show up with a bulky cube, bringing huge amount of drag in nuFAR. Stock gears are fine.

Landing gear have an invisible collider to determine it's bounds so the vessel spawner knows how high off the runway to place it. The collider is disabled when spawned, but perhaps nuFAR doesn't check to see if a collider is enabled or disabled when including it in the voxel profile. Solution on my end would be to completely destroy the bounds collider on spawn - but perhaps this should be reported to ferram.

Do you think that you can either update this to 1.0 or maybe answer why the gear have no collision for me i'll load up the ship but the gear spin down and they fall through the ground they also do not have the ability to retract is there anything you may know of that could be doing this or maybe some way to fix this

The update is almost ready, but I'm having trouble figuring out why there's a huge framerate drop when using the tweakables menu.

NuFAR had the same issue previously. Perhaps this commit might shine some light on the problem?

I also hope that this can be updated at some point, and expanded upon.

First really nice landing gear and especially nice controls for adjustments and make sure of all alignments.

Really great mod....

NuFAR had the same issue previously. Perhaps this commit might shine some light on the problem?

Thanks for the pointer. I tried all the changes he did that I didn't already, and I'm still having the issue.

Stranger yet, it only happens when the sliders are at certain values. It's perfectly fine when leg height is 0.52, but lags when it's 0.54 for some reason.

Anyway, I'm going to let it slide and move on so I can just release it sooner. It's not game breaking.. just irritating.

Thanks for the pointer. I tried all the changes he did that I didn't already, and I'm still having the issue.

Stranger yet, it only happens when the sliders are at certain values. It's perfectly fine when leg height is 0.52, but lags when it's 0.54 for some reason.

Anyway, I'm going to let it slide and move on so I can just release it sooner. It's not game breaking.. just irritating.

I have this problem with vanilla parts (only mod installed is TweakScales atm). I have this suspicion that it is a ksp bug.

The update is almost ready, but I'm having trouble figuring out why there's a huge framerate drop when using the tweakables menu.

Check with e-dog he had an issue very similar with the in editor tweakables for Procedural Fairings he was able to finally stamp out last patch.

I had the same issue with the BDArmory ai pilot module.

Also YAY thanks for updating the mod. Using normal vertical landing gear can be kind of a pain with smaller planes.

Why is isn't this mod stock?! It just baffles the mind why they wouldn't make this mod stock. The new landing gear are nice but adjustability is essential.

Those larger gear will be perfect for a space shuttle! The stock gear just don't cut it because the heavy gear is quite a bit larger than the medium gear and I want that iconic "nose down" appearance of my space shuttle.

Those sir, are looking GREAT.!

As has been said, looking forward to getting those.

I have tried to use other existing gear, but I am spoiled from using yours.

I will be waiting until I have those...

Again, really looking nice..