[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

So i just got this mod, but there is a bug, and i dont know whats causing it. I can't right click on any of the wheels to make modifications to it. I can right click any other part on my craft, but i can do nothing with the wheels themselves. Anyone else experience the a similar thing? Any way to fix this?

13 minutes ago, Valkyria90 said:

So i just got this mod, but there is a bug, and i dont know whats causing it. I can't right click on any of the wheels to make modifications to it. I can right click any other part on my craft, but i can do nothing with the wheels themselves. Anyone else experience the a similar thing? Any way to fix this?

I've never seen this specifically, but you most likely have an outdated or corrupted version of BDAnimationModules.  Try reinstalling.

12 minutes ago, Valkyria90 said:

Reinstalled. No difference

Okay, next step is provide your output log (although in general it is almost always helpful to provide it when you first make a support request).  Instructions on how to do that are in the first link in my signature.

Edited by blowfish

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Okay, next step is provide your output log (although in general it is almost always helpful to provide it when you first make a support request).  Instructions on how to do that are in the first link in my signature.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd0xpbh0rbq0gsr/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hopefully someone can tell me why my game have been crashing so much lately while looking through that log :D

14 minutes ago, Valkyria90 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd0xpbh0rbq0gsr/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hopefully someone can tell me why my game have been crashing so much lately while looking through that log :D

The problem is that you don't have BDAnimationModules installed at all.  Install the BahaSP folder from the original download.

No idea about the crashes.  It's impossible to tell without seeing the log after a crash.

18 minutes ago, blowfish said:

The problem is that you don't have BDAnimationModules installed at all.  Install the BahaSP folder from the original download.

No idea about the crashes.  It's impossible to tell without seeing the log after a crash.

This seems to have solved it :) Thank you.

It says that BDAnimationModules should be included, so its weird that I didn't get it from a fresh install of the mod.

On December 17, 2015 at 10:56 PM, Alshain said:

Yeah, I've completely quit using it now.  I thought it would be easier but It's nothing but trouble.  I would recommend to anyone to not use CKAN and just let the stupid thing die.

Yeah, you know, I don't use it either but your tone and attitude are unacceptably hostile. Is that really the image you want to convey of yourself?

On 12/20/2015 at 6:48 PM, Starwaster said:

Yeah, you know, I don't use it either but your tone and attitude are unacceptably hostile. Is that really the image you want to convey of yourself?

Yes, yes it is exactly how I want to convey myself.  CKAN is detrimental.  It causes more problems than it solves and that results in people coming to the forums to complain about mods not working which would work if they installed them correctly, just like I did above.  I've learned from my mistake, but the program is still going to cause these issues, it hurts the modding community, it doesn't help it, and it needs to die.

I'd be happy to discuss this elsewhere but I don't want to pull the thread off any further on a rabbit trail than we already have.

Edited by Alshain

4 hours ago, Zyme said:

When you relaunch from runway after a crash the steering wheels become inverse.

I reported same issue in StockBugFixes thread. Somehow I think it is stock game engine issue with saving/reloading. If you inverse steering on craft in SPH, it works properly on first launch.

My thoughts here is that in .craft file all properties from adjustable landing gears were properly saved in .craft file in SPH.
On first launch, those properties were properly applied on spawned craft. However, when game engine saves whole game in persistent savegamefile and/or quicksave filenames used for reverting game on launch then inverse steering bug occur.

Trough testing, I found that it does not happen immediately on new craft and new attached wheels. But after some test flights, reverting to SPH/launch, testing again from SPH etc. Craft file/savegame become corrupted.

Anyway, I published simple craft file with output log from game session, so bug can be reproduced and hopefully solved.

• 2 weeks later...

I have loved this mod since it's first release but I have been kind of wondering if the author had ever considered expanding it to have some adjustable landing legs as well? just two would work. one for mounting on the side like the current stock landing gears but could have its length and possibly angle adjusted. and on for mounting on the bottom of craft to function similar to the current adjustable landing gears but be stationary landing legs.

and if possible compatible with tweak scale like many of the BD products

I think that would be the only thing that could ever enhance this awesome mod

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BlackDart said:

I am missing the Medium gear file dispite downloading the file from kerbal stuff. Can anyone upload it for me?

http://imgur.com/Zt3EiHV

Nothing is missing, it's just structured oddly (2 parts in bdAdjustableLandingGear)

E: Oh, and welcome to the forums :D

Edited by blowfish

1 hour ago, StarStryder said:

I'm having an issue.  My gear are starting at almost 100% heat.  Attempting to take off immediately results in explosion.  Any thoughts?

screenshot26.png

Some mods in conflicts ? Are you using deadly reentry and B9PW perhaps ?
If so, try to remove obsolete configs for PW. Almodeon asked in B9PW thread recently about other similar issues.

If that is not a case then you should post output log, someone might give you better answer what is in conflict from that log.

On 12/27/2015 at 8:01 PM, Alshain said:

I'd be happy to discuss this elsewhere but I don't want to pull the thread off any further on a rabbit trail than we already have.

I’d be interested to see a discussion of this elsewhere—I’ve been using CKAN and would like to understand any problems or drawbacks with it, in order to decide if I should continue to use it or find a different mod-management strategy.  If you have a pointer to a good elsewhere, I’d be grateful.  Thanks!

51 minutes ago, meyerweb said:

I’d be interested to see a discussion of this elsewhere—I’ve been using CKAN and would like to understand any problems or drawbacks with it, in order to decide if I should continue to use it or find a different mod-management strategy.  If you have a pointer to a good elsewhere, I’d be grateful.  Thanks!

I'm not against CKAN, but people should be aware of drawbacks. I described my issues with CKAN in this post. Another kind of messup can happen with mods that have dependency on other mods/plugin. CKAN does not always handle this properly, especially if mod developers change folder structure at some point of development and CKAN staff members missed it.

Depending what is your favorite mods, CKAN probably can handle most of it, while you should handle few mods by yourself. Also you should not report false bug reports to mod authors unless you have checked if everything installed properly.

Despite having trouble with CKAN installs, I just recently noticed faulty manual installs trough various mod threads that I follow. Some of manual install messup may happen when mod author pack dependency plugin/install within his own mod and that dependency is already obsolete. Other type of faulty manual installs may include unpacking mod in wrong folder.

Either, when comes to installs, it can give developers a headache until they figure out that bug occurred by faulty install - trough CKAN or manual installs.
CKAN should be more accurate, but unfortunately key word is "should" - it is not always a case. Anyway, to continue discussion you will get better answer in CKAN thread.

Guys i need some help with this mod. After i unzipped the downloaded file to KSP-->GameData-->Squad, winzip  told me <random file name here> file already existed and so and so. I selected the 'Keep both files' option. Upon running the game, the landing gear weren't there in the 'Utility' Section of the SPH. The unzipped file's default name was GameData. I thought KSP was confusing this GameData with the other GameData into which we install mods. So, after observing the structure of the files of other working mods that i have, i noticed that usually there IS a Gamedata folder containing the parts and all, but inside another folder of a different name. So i made a new folder, named it "Adjustable Landing Gear and Plugins", and cut-pasted the GameData (the one with the Landing Gear parts) into it. But the landing gears still dont show up in the Utility Tab. Now, I have removed the spaces in the name of the folder i created. Will it work, or is there another solution? Please help. I downloaded KSP only to satisfy my flight simulation needs, so I NEED this mod to work.

44 minutes ago, AshThePilot said:

Guys i need some help with this mod. After i unzipped the downloaded file to KSP-->GameData-->Squad, winzip  told me <random file name here> file already existed and so and so. I selected the 'Keep both files' option. Upon running the game, the landing gear weren't there in the 'Utility' Section of the SPH. The unzipped file's default name was GameData. I thought KSP was confusing this GameData with the other GameData into which we install mods. So, after observing the structure of the files of other working mods that i have, i noticed that usually there IS a Gamedata folder containing the parts and all, but inside another folder of a different name. So i made a new folder, named it "Adjustable Landing Gear and Plugins", and cut-pasted the GameData (the one with the Landing Gear parts) into it. But the landing gears still dont show up in the Utility Tab. Now, I have removed the spaces in the name of the folder i created. Will it work, or is there another solution? Please help. I downloaded KSP only to satisfy my flight simulation needs, so I NEED this mod to work.

Don't overwrite your Squad folder.  Place the folders for other mods in GameData alongside it.  You shouldn't modify or rename anything.  At this point you might want to reinstall KSP just to make sure you haven't modified anything you shouldn't.  Your folder structure should look something like this:

• KSP.exe
  • GameData
    • Squad
    • AdjustableLandingGear
    • BDAnimationModules
  • etc

Oh, and welcome to the forums :D

In your KSP install should be only one GameData folder, all other mod folders should be nested there.
Problem is that some of mods already contains GameData folder packed inside zip archive and other mods not.

So, you should unpack zip archive elsewhere and after unpacking copy only needed folder to main KSP install.
You should never unpack anything inside ..\KSP\GameData\SQUAD\   folder. There some exception to this with bugfixing mods, but that is rare and special mod cases.

In other words, after proper install, you should have this:

C:\Kerbal Space Program\Gamedata\AdjustableLandingGear\

assuming that your main game install is on C drive in "Kerbal Space Program" folder.

There should be listed Parts adn Sounds subfolders.

Also don't forget to install dependency plugin - it should be in C:\Kerbal Space Program\Gamedata\BahaSP\  folder.

It is not required but it can help if you install firespitter core plugin too. It will allow to display adjustment guide so you can fine tune wheels if those were not aligned properly.