[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

28 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Don't overwrite your Squad folder.  Place the folders for other mods in GameData alongside it.  You shouldn't modify or rename anything.  At this point you might want to reinstall KSP just to make sure you haven't modified anything you shouldn't.  Your folder structure should look something like this:

• KSP.exe
  • GameData
    • Squad
    • AdjustableLandingGear
    • BDAnimationModules
  • etc

Oh, and welcome to the forums :D

Thanks for the help. My game actually works even though i did something that COULD have disastrous consequences, so i guess theres no need to reinstall i guess. Or should I? Thnx again anyways

23 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

In your KSP install should be only one GameData folder, all other mod folders should be nested there.
Problem is that some of mods already contains GameData folder packed inside zip archive and other mods not.

So, you should unpack zip archive elsewhere and after unpacking copy only needed folder to main KSP install.
You should never unpack anything inside ..\KSP\GameData\SQUAD\   folder. There some exception to this with bugfixing mods, but that is rare and special mod cases.

In other words, after proper install, you should have this:

C:\Kerbal Space Program\Gamedata\AdjustableLandingGear\

assuming that your main game install is on C drive in "Kerbal Space Program" folder.

There should be listed Parts adn Sounds subfolders.

Also don't forget to install dependency plugin - it should be in C:\Kerbal Space Program\Gamedata\BahaSP\  folder.

It is not required but it can help if you install firespitter core plugin too. It will allow to display adjustment guide so you can fine tune wheels if those were not aligned properly.

Thnx a lot! U n Blowfish made things a lot easier for me. thnx for explaining it all.

1 hour ago, AshThePilot said:

Thanks for the help. My game actually works even though i did something that COULD have disastrous consequences, so i guess theres no need to reinstall i guess. Or should I? Thnx again anyways

It's a good idea to do it anyway.  At the very least, the next time you encounter an issue, try reinstalling first.

12 hours ago, blowfish said:

It's a good idea to do it anyway.  At the very least, the next time you encounter an issue, try reinstalling first.

Umm i am still having the same problem. Heres the picture:

20gi3jl.jpg

I kept the folder alongside Squad in the GameData folder as u asked me to do. Inside that Adjustable Landing Gear folder is the GameData folder that I originally downloaded. But the game still isnt showing me the gears in the Utility section. First of all, do the adjustable landing gears appear in the Utility section of the SPH or some other section? If they appear under Utility the game isnt loading them.Should i reinstall the game and/or the mod? Is there a problem with the name of the folder? please help and thnx for taking the trouble

Somehow you ended by renaming proper folder. You have "AdjustableLandingGearasnPlugins" while correct folder name if everything done properly should be "AdjustableLandingGear". Also you are missing "BahaSP" folder, meaning animation plugin (dependency for this gear mod) that is used for this and some other Bahamutos mods is either, not properly installed or not installed at all.

2 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Somehow you ended by renaming proper folder. You have "AdjustableLandingGearasnPlugins" while correct folder name if everything done properly should be "AdjustableLandingGear". Also you are missing "BahaSP" folder, meaning animation plugin (dependency for this gear mod) that is used for this and some other Bahamutos mods is either, not properly installed or not installed at all.

major whoops. I kept those two folders inside the "AdjustableLandingandPlugins" folder!!! Gonna correct it right now!! U guys r awesome! thnx!

19 minutes ago, AshThePilot said:

This is fine right?

2i1z11i.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Why cant my rank be "Paper plane pilot"?

Looks OK. Try with sandbox game first. Landing gears should be in utility tab in SPH, in career game you need to unlock proper tech tree node first.

On 11/9/2014 at 5:19 PM, BahamutoD said:

Wg2TsDk.png

Landing gear the way you want it!

>Download from KerbalStuff

v1.2.0 Update Info

v1.1.1 Update Info

v1.1.0 Update info

No longer requires Firespitter!

This is a small part pack of landing gear that you can adjust to suit your needs.

Currently there are three parts: The standard single wheel version, and a slightly buffed two-wheel version and a larger 4-wheel version (although, all parts can be rescaled).

Using the tweakable sliders you can change:

- Ride height

- Leg angle

- Wheel angle

- Suspension spring

- Suspension damper

- Scale

- Brake torque

- Max steering angle

You can also click on "Auto-align wheel" to make the wheels perpendicular to the ground.

It also has steering and a motor.

Similar to the B9 wheels, you can "Toggle Heatshielding" to turn the bay doors black!

-Note: These are intended for use in the SPH only.

HatefulLankyAmericantoad.gif

Javascript is disabled. View full album