[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

The mod won't work for me. When I right click on the landing gear in the editor, it comes up with a right click menu identical that of the B9 landing gear. I have the Firespitter.dll. Oh wait a minute I just re-read the download post and it says it won't work with Tweakscale. I will delete that and try again. If it still doesn't work than I would like some help for the mod.

The mod won't work for me. When I right click on the landing gear in the editor, it comes up with a right click menu identical that of the B9 landing gear. I have the Firespitter.dll. Oh wait a minute I just re-read the download post and it says it won't work with Tweakscale. I will delete that and try again. If it still doesn't work than I would like some help for the mod.

This mod is the ti-

This mod is really cool.

When I tried to launch the plane I made with these parts, it hovered in the air for a moment as the gear went through their deploying animation, but then the plane sank to the ground as if the gear weren't there. Will this be fixed?

Why were they retracted at start? I know I'm not actually addressing the issue but it still begs to be asked.

this mod would be great if it wasnt for the fact that my plane always wubbles and flips arround making high ptich sounds when plane landing gear lands.. it just doesnt stand still.. anyone else have this ?

by the way the sinking in the ground for some other guys having the problem: upgrade the firespitter dll. or just add it, either outdated or not there.

Will this mod have support for Tweakscale? I'm in need for some smaller adjustable gears...

Thank you.

Hehe got you on both post here you go

@PART[BD_Adj_LG_Medium] // bdAdjustableLandingGear
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface
}
}

@PART[BD_Adj_LG_Side] // bdAdjustableLandingGear
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface
}
}

Great, thank you very much MeCripp.

I had did this before, but the gears don't touch the ground on any size smaller than 100% you put. and the bumps get a little crazy...

I think this time Adjustable Landing Gear mod need to give a hand, if he can and want.

Cheers!

@PART[bD_Adj_LG_Side]:FOR[TweakScale]:Final

{

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = surface

}

}

@PART[bD_Adj_LG_Medium]:FOR[TweakScale]:Final

{

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = surface

}

}

Edited by Climberfx

And if you don't want tweakscale but want more sizes and have ModuleManager.2.5.1 install here is a cfg

+PART[BD_Adj_LG_Medium]
{
@name = BD_Adj_LG_Medium 2 (Smaller)
@title = Adjustable Landing Gear
@description = An adjustable landing gear with two wheels and slightly stronger brakes, motor, and default suspension settings.

%scale = 1
%rescaleFactor = 0.625

@mass = 0.05
}

+PART[BD_Adj_LG_Medium]
{
@name = BD_Adj_LG_Medium 3 (Smallest)
@description = An adjustable landing gear with two wheels and slightly stronger brakes, motor, and default suspension settings.

%scale = 1
%rescaleFactor = 0.5

@mass = 0.025
}

+PART[BD_Adj_LG_Side]
{
@name = BD_Adj_LG_Side 2 (Smaller)

%scale = 1
%rescaleFactor = 0.625

@mass = 0.035
}

+PART[BD_Adj_LG_Side]
{
@name = BD_Adj_LG_Side 3 (Smallest)

%scale = 1
%rescaleFactor = 0.5

@mass = 0.025
}

You might need to change the wheelRadius value if you rescale it. The wheel collider's radius gets set via code, so simply rescaling the model might not work. This is probably why smaller gear don't touch the ground -- the wheel collider is still the original size.

There are other factors that may not be taken into account with tweakscale, which is why I won't support it but I might write a scaling feature that works specifically for the landing gear, like I said before.

Hey so i have been having some issues with it. every time i spawn in a ship with these they don't interact with the ground. they just fall through and my plane preforms a belly flop. unfortunately i am not near my usual computer so i cant really get any snapshots or show what mods i am using (Approximately one metric crap ton of mods) i would just like to know if anyone else had this issue and i will post screenshots and more info when i get around to it.

I also have experienced this! Sadly I found this mod because my Career mode is having a weird issue where the stock landing gear don't show up but spaceplane contracts are worth $$$$$$.

Any ideas?

I have a quick suggestion: Would it be possible to make the wheel size adjustable? It would be nice not to have tiny wheels where heavy duty ones would be. Would be useful for those ksp plane recreators as well. Great mod otherwise, no bugs encountered so far!

I have a quick suggestion: Would it be possible to make the wheel size adjustable? It would be nice not to have tiny wheels where heavy duty ones would be. Would be useful for those ksp plane recreators as well. Great mod otherwise, no bugs encountered so far!

Interesting idea. The only problem I can see is that the wheel bay needs to be large enough for the wheels to fit into it, right? So, basically, what you're describing is TweakScale, by my reckoning. :) I mean, if you make the wheels bigger, the bay needs to be bigger, and the strut/suspension needs to get bigger, so everything ends up staying proportional.

I don't know how well TweakScale interacts with these parts, though. Sometimes parts with a lot of plugin modules and animations react badly to being rescaled. As in "Release the Kraken!" badly. :)

We'll have to wait for BahamutoD's opinion on this issue, methinks.

Later! :D

Suspension spring and Suspension damper values - what the number means ?

High number is softer or stiffer spring ? For damper does high number means that spring will oscilate more or less ?

I double that question. I also would like to know what effect will different configurations take on the craft.

I've waited for such mod for a long time! Really nicely done! But I have a question (suggestion?): is it possible to add built-in lights to this landing gear (as in stock version)? I mean, there can be a problem: I like to put front landing gear flipped backwards so the light should be directed accordingly. Is it possible to implement?