[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

The BDAnimationModules.dll you have with the CKAN package doesn't match what is on Kerbal Stuff. I installed using CKAN and it did not work at all... I dropped in the DLL from the zip on Kerbalstuff and it works fine now.

Hmm yeah, looks like something went wrong in the git release. I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

As mentioned, its a problem with the stock tweak sliders. I'm looking into workarounds but I don't think I can do an actual fix.

UGH i was gonna report this bug but now i hear it's something that's stock? damnit...

oh well great mod anyway :D

• 2 weeks later...

Is this pretty much 1.0.2-3-4 functional? the CKAN people are now allowing a range, unlike KerbalStuff, so its easily updated and hands-off for the mod authors once the CKAN people have confirmation that its OK to use in those versions.

EDIT: Looks like its there now, thanks!

Edited by Murdabenne

As mentioned, its a problem with the stock tweak sliders. I'm looking into workarounds but I don't think I can do an actual fix.

U can do your own sliders or use somerhing from other mods (B9 procedural parts had same isue and the done its own GUI? i think)

Would it be possible to get versions that fold sideways rather than forward/back? Mainly for doing historical WW2 aircraft, cheers.

Oh man -- yes. I'm assuming the auto-wheel align doesn't also twist laterally (haven't tried)?

The Retro-Future pack had some of those, IIRC. I hope that guy comes back. :D

Oh man -- yes. I'm assuming the auto-wheel align doesn't also twist laterally (haven't tried)?

The Retro-Future pack had some of those, IIRC. I hope that guy comes back. :D

Yeah didn't work. :(

HelloBahamutoD

This is my alltime favourite mod! It was the first mod i ever downloaded and I have kept it ever since! EVERY aircraft or aerospace vehicle I build (which is A LOT!) I use your landing gears. You propably get tons of of ideas for your mods from others, but this is something i and looks like quite some people would really like.

Could you make a landing gear like these please:

p51rmain.jpg

P-51 Mustang Landing Gear

f5b-14.jpg

Which can be used for more modern aircraft as well as shuttles and sstos (Here a F-5 Tiger)

Me262%20undercarriage%20detail.jpg

Messerschmitt Me 262 schwalbe landing gear

Hopefully you take my idea into consideration. I and other Kerbalkillers would greatly appreciate this.

Greetings

General Venter

HelloBahamutoD

This is my alltime favourite mod! It was the first mod i ever downloaded and I have kept it ever since! EVERY aircraft or aerospace vehicle I build (which is A LOT!) I use your landing gears. You propably get tons of of ideas for your mods from others, but this is something i and looks like quite some people would really like.

Could you make a landing gear like these please:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/awa01/101-200/awa107-P51D/part2_cdn_mustang/images_Vern_Gwin/p51rmain.jpg

P-51 Mustang Landing Gear

http://home.lyse.net/dagrs/images/f5b-14.jpg

Which can be used for more modern aircraft as well as shuttles and sstos (Here a F-5 Tiger)

http://www.avsim.com/pages/1107/Me262F104/Me262%20undercarriage%20detail.jpg

Messerschmitt Me 262 schwalbe landing gear

Hopefully you take my idea into consideration. I and other Kerbalkillers would greatly appreciate this.

Greetings

General Venter

If you go back like 3 posts i also put forward this idea, which could probably be done easily with a bit of coding and using the auto align.

This is wonderful work. My aircraft look so much more reasonable now. Would it be easy to allow for front/back adjustment of the leg angle? A few of my aircraft have the gear is on a sloped part of a wing/nose, and the gear not being vertical on the ground is a little weird looking.

Is anyone else experiencing a ridiculous drop in framerate when attempting to adjust the gears in the VAB? Happens when the "Toggle adjustment" menu is open. Wondering if it's a mod conflict of some kind or if ALG itself is doing it...

It's a known issue with stock tweakables.

• 2 weeks later...

Bahamuto, would it be possible for you to create landing skids? Light, Medium and Large ones, and they could have the same physical properties as wheels, although with some inherent braking power?

Your design regime would make for some awesome skids is my guess!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please add yaw trim option? This way we could make gears that retract diagonally or sideways, some vehicles really need them.

- - - Updated - - -

Bahamuto, would it be possible for you to create landing skids? Light, Medium and Large ones, and they could have the same physical properties as wheels, although with some inherent braking power?

Your design regime would make for some awesome skids is my guess!

Kerbal Foundries have a skid. It is more like snowmobile skid tho, but it supports tweakscale and can be clipped inside the vehicle.