[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

2 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Yeah, i cant even use his sweet FJ105-D2 in 1.1 due to this not being updated yet. I assume it will be updated either today or tomorrow because he updated mods like vesselmover and vesselswitcher already

I hope so too -- but I'm preparing myself for a long wait.  Wheels in 1.1 are a new beast altogether and this may be one of the most difficult mods to update.  I'll be pleasantly surprised whenever it gets updated.

As an aside, I just had *stock* landing gear on a base blow up from the stress of coming out of time warp, and that's with KJR installed.  Wheels are tricky.

Thank you for this mod!  After I came across this, I've found that it's one of my must haves for when I crash.... errr build my planes. (Frankly I wonder why I even bother with landing gear.... >.>) That said, I would like to put a vote in for gear that retract about 90 degrees from your current set-- Ones that fold up like on most WWII fighters (Spitfires, Hurricanes, Mustangs, etc).

Regardless of the request, this mod is awesome!

25 minutes ago, Fizwalker said:

That said, I would like to put a vote in for gear that retract about 90 degrees from your current set-- Ones that fold up like on most WWII fighters (Spitfires, Hurricanes, Mustangs, etc).

Imagine if Baha got a dollar for every time someone suggested that. 

3 hours ago, Gr8 Pain said:

@BahamutoD i have been having trouble using the landing gears the menu when you right-click nothing happens by an chance do you know how to fix this

Did you install the BDanimationModules? Also if you are on KSP 1.1+ it won't work till the mod is updated.

On 4/27/2016 at 0:34 PM, AG5BPilot said:

Wheels in 1.1 are a new beast altogether

"Wheels in 1.1 are a new beast."

Spoiler

Seriously, though, this was an outstanding mod in 1.0.5, and will be an outstanding mod on 1.1.x. I just couldn't let the opportunity to make a reference to a certain classic 80s comedy movie slip away.

1 hour ago, King Something said:

"Wheels in 1.1 are a new beast."

Hide contents

Seriously, though, this was an outstanding mod in 1.0.5, and will be an outstanding mod on 1.1.x. I just couldn't let the opportunity to make a reference to a certain classic 80s comedy movie slip away.

Too bad we can't make a massive group post to make it more obvious what said reference was...

On 30.4.2016 at 4:26 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

I see that you're new here, but please see Rule 2.3f here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/guidelines/ 

Eh, it's not like he's asking repeatedly or the question is being spammed over here. Baha just said he wanted to wait how wheels play out, which was three weeks and two patches ago.

2 hours ago, Temeter said:

Eh, it's not like he's asking repeatedly or the question is being spammed over here. Baha just said he wanted to wait how wheels play out, which was three weeks and two patches ago.

Usually I don't discuss these things publicly, but you can't see the posts that were already removed from this thread for 2.3f. That one was left and I posted instead so others wouldn't continue to repeat it.

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Usually I don't discuss these things publicly, but you can't see the posts that were already removed from this thread for 2.3f. That one was left and I posted instead so others wouldn't continue to repeat it.

Why not, it's good to know these things at times, even when it's just about an internet community.

It does make more sense than seeing a single post in 3 weeks getting a warning.^^

Reckon we're all going to have to strap in for a bit of a wait -- from what I've played of 1.1-1.1.2, I don't think Squad themselves have quite conquered the new wheel system, so it's a bit churlish to assume poor BahamutoD is going to be able to fix his more complicated version of wheels quickly, especially as the target system still hasn't quite rolled to a full stop.

For the 1.1.X update, can you please make the 1 wheel variant with a button to put it in the center of the wheel instead of slightly offset? It was just REALLY bugging me in the 1.0.5 version. I think I have a minor case of OCD or something

1 hour ago, Fireheart318 said:

For the 1.1.X update, can you please make the 1 wheel variant with a button to put it in the center of the wheel instead of slightly offset? It was just REALLY bugging me in the 1.0.5 version. I think I have a minor case of OCD or something

I just replaced it with medium gear and shrank the size so had almost no problem, but it would be great to have centered small gear too. Especially when you're making small unmanned aircrafts.

1 hour ago, Greythorn032 said:

I just replaced it with medium gear and shrank the size so had almost no problem, but it would be great to have centered small gear too. Especially when you're making small unmanned aircrafts.

Ya but it doesn't always work like on my HARBINGER of EBONFLAME swarm drone. Just way too cumbersome and messes with the aerodynamics or at least looks like it should

might get my head in it and crawl squads code base and see if I can help in anyway *NO PROMISES* 

I MAY have to include Kerbal foundaries new plugin base for old 1.0.5 wheels.

I'm a bit hungry for info, as the lack of this mod keeps me from even starting up 1.1.X for the first time.

Are there really so many bugs and planned changes that it's not worth updating this mod for now?

10 minutes ago, theend3r said:

I'm a bit hungry for info, as the lack of this mod keeps me from even starting up 1.1.X for the first time.

Are there really so many bugs and planned changes that it's not worth updating this mod for now?

Not sure how much of this thread you've seen, but the big problem is Squad hasn't quite wrapped their heads around Unity 5's new wheel system.  Even the stock wheels are a bit clunky at the moment, and they're in an unrefined state as of 1.1.2's patch.  Considering that, and how Adjustable Landing Gear are dependent on getting this all worked out, little effective work may get finished before Squad comes back, attacks wheels, and flips the entire mechanic on its head.

Kerbal Foundries might be making some progress though.  Last I read it looked like lo-fi was making progress on wheel colliders.  @BahamutoD, you might want to cross check.

stock wheels are.. weird now.  An 87t spaceplane needs 2 sets of "large" main gear plus the nose gear, all set at max brakes and max friction, to stop the meager 87t on the runway.  Have to use chutes if I can't get it down right on the numbers, even.  So if you're wondering, "but what is wrong with the wheels?"  this is one example.