[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

Is it a known issue that the small landing gear bay doesn't close?

Me too.

Also getting what appears to be debug/status info in the top left screen corner, both in flight:

screenshot397.png

Gear fully retracted:

screenshot398.png

And in the SPH:

screenshot394.png

Stock-ish log.

This is really strange. I just tested it with the local file that I uploaded to KS, and it worked fine. Then I tested it with a copy that I downloaded from KS, and the door bug happened. Somehow, something broke on the way to Kerbal Stuff. I'll try reuploading.

This is really strange. I just tested it with the local file that I uploaded to KS, and it worked fine. Then I tested it with a copy that I downloaded from KS, and the door bug happened. Somehow, something broke on the way to Kerbal Stuff. I'll try reuploading.

Also I dont know if it matters but there is a recompilled dll of firespitter. The whole pack isnt .25 but the dll is available on snjos github. You might want to include that updated dll.

Is everyone getting the door problem with v1.0.3, or just a few people?

I can also confirm this bug. Medium landing gears have no problem at all. If it is of any help, my full list of installed mods are on this picture. On top of that is this mod and Advanced Jet Engine mod.

Btw, if it is not too much to ask, is it possible to have -25/+25 degree for leg angle, or maybe even higher degree like -45/+45 ?

I'm asking this becose on some parts with unusuall symetry like S3 parts from B9 mod it is not possible to place nicely some outbound wheels without negative degree.

Update

v1.0.4

- Fixed doors on small gear bay wouldn't close

Notes:

*sigh* It was a dumb mistake on my end. In 1.0.3 I had updated the dll in the zip but forgot to update the changes in the models to match.

Hopefully this is end of that line if problems.

As for concerns about Firespitter, I found this on the Firespitter thread:

For reuse of the plugin, please either direct people to download the dll from my official release, OR recompile the wanted partmodule/class with a new class name to avoid conflicts.

I might go with the second option because there are some changes I want to make to FSwheel and related classes anyways. This will allow me to customize the wheel module to create more freedom of adjustment. I just need to make sure I have full permission.

Edited by BahamutoD

Hey so i have been having some issues with it. every time i spawn in a ship with these they don't interact with the ground. they just fall through and my plane preforms a belly flop. unfortunately i am not near my usual computer so i cant really get any snapshots or show what mods i am using (Approximately one metric crap ton of mods) i would just like to know if anyone else had this issue and i will post screenshots and more info when i get around to it.

I haven't seen this at all, every time the gear has held up the ship as expected and raising and lowering the gear while landed made the ship drop down and lift up (helped when made the ladder too short :P ). It definitely seems to be a conflict with another mod you have in there, and a problem with one not being updated possibly resulting in the issue.

If I might make a request: I would like to see a set of shorter wheels to match these. Even at the lowest wheel height setting I think they are too tall. Something akin to the height of the B9 heavy gear bsy would be wonderful.

If I might make a request: I would like to see a set of shorter wheels to match these. Even at the lowest wheel height setting I think they are too tall. Something akin to the height of the B9 heavy gear bsy would be wonderful.

Sugggested the same not so long ago, but it seems that my post was buried in all other peoples post and left unnoticed. Good to see that I'm not the only one that see benefits from shorter legs of landing gears.

with the high temperature limit they seem to work ok with it, but I always deorbit my spaceplanes from low orbit. I am hoping for the heatshield option to become adding actual heatshielding rather than just the texture which would ensure they play well with DR :)

Hi BahamutoD, could you make the gear bay be thinner and remove the black boarder when heat shield is disabled?

It will make the gear bay be less visible when it retracted and looks like more aerodynamically.

I seem to be having a problem with the motor - my wheels don't all spin in the same direction, and enabling reverse motor on the backwards wheels does not seem to help. my craft end up staying in place or veering wildly when I try to taxi.

I seem to be having a problem with the motor - my wheels don't all spin in the same direction, and enabling reverse motor on the backwards wheels does not seem to help. my craft end up staying in place or veering wildly when I try to taxi.

Check out the bottom of the OP. Right side motors need to be changed to reverse motor due to an unknown bug (But at least it's got an easy workaround.)