[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

Found a weird bug:

Attached 3 wheels to standard mk2 spaceplane body. When I got to launch, the wheels start to animate (shouldn't the scene already start with those deployed?), the plane falls and the wheels clip into the ground.

KSP 0.25, latest version of the mod.

Not sure what happened but since downloading the last update (started with the initial release) to the mod my aircraft seem to want to "walk" down the runway.

"Walk" in what way? I haven't heard or seen this. I guess you should make sure you have everything installed correctly.

Found a weird bug:

Attached 3 wheels to standard mk2 spaceplane body. When I got to launch, the wheels start to animate (shouldn't the scene already start with those deployed?), the plane falls and the wheels clip into the ground.

Same as above, please check that it is installed correctly and you have the Firespitter plugin.

Found a weird bug:

I ran into the same exact bug just now.

Edit: Ah, yes. The lack of Firespitter plugin is the problem. I got so used to it being included in every mod ;p

Edited by The Czosnex

"Walk" in what way? I haven't heard or seen this. I guess you should make sure you have everything installed correctly.

In a way that, upon some reflection, would almost make you think the front wheels brake is on even though it isn't. Also Another one is if you have 1 wheel centered it seems to want to put it off to one side by 4 units

Walking down the runway and eventually off it's side before the SPH. and the last one is the wheel angle problem.

http://imgur.com/a/kCKuz#0

And sorry about the link but Not sure how to encode it to show the album and tried what was suggested in another post and didn't work so gave up and left it as a link.

Edited by King_komodo93

Had very similar things ever without this mod due to KSP errors if wings are not attached using snap. For some reason it seems to take free range attachments as "soft" on every plane I've made. Though my problem has been more of a yaw issue reattaching to the same spot with snap turned on has almost always fixed it. Worth a shot :)

In a way that, upon some reflection, would almost make you think the front wheels brake is on even though it isn't. Also Another one is if you have 1 wheel centered it seems to want to put it off to one side by 4 units

Walking down the runway and eventually off it's side before the SPH. and the last one is the wheel angle problem.

And sorry about the link but Not sure how to encode it to show the album and tried what was suggested in another post and didn't work so gave up and left it as a link.

I have had the same issue in the past with firespitter standard wheels. check to make sure the front motors are off, if you absolutely have to have them on quadruple check before every flight that they go the right way. An easy way to do this (and should be done for all wheels before every flight, not just the front ones) is to shut off the motors on all but the one wheel you are testing, and see what direction it goes.

EDIT: Btw this is not an adjustable landing gear bug but a known firespitter wheel module bug. at least i knew it. not sure if there is an official bug report or not.

Edited by gkorgood
addendum

Well, the front wheel is off at an angle as well, (wheel angle 4) so I think that may be what started your 'walking'. I have noticed that the gear does that if you ask it to 'auto-align' the wheel- it won't accept 0 as an angle.

Anyone else have the issue where if you retract the landing gear on the runway, let's say, then re-extend it, the wheels don't hit the ground and push the craft back up?

Yep, got that too..... (but it doesn't bather me :sticktongue:)

Anyone else have the issue where if you retract the landing gear on the runway, let's say, then re-extend it, the wheels don't hit the ground and push the craft back up?

Yeah. The same thing happened when I accidentally flipped a craft over, too. The gear legs just sunk straight into the ground.

Similar to how the small craft wheels in the KSO Shuttle pack wouldn't contact the ground if they were mounted sideways.

Well, the front wheel is off at an angle as well, (wheel angle 4) so I think that may be what started your 'walking'. I have noticed that the gear does that if you ask it to 'auto-align' the wheel- it won't accept 0 as an angle.

I pointed out the wheel thing but that happens even without the wheel auto aligned and sitting at 0. But you may have hit on the cause of the bug there.

I posted earlier in the development where i had an issue with the the wheels not registering and falling through the ground so my ships belly flop, i did a fresh install and i've tried to see what mods (if they were the problem) where causing it. alas i am still having problems, has anyone else had or heard of this issue?

-P.S. how to i post a picture that i have but not through imagure and such?

I posted earlier in the development where i had an issue with the the wheels not registering and falling through the ground so my ships belly flop, i did a fresh install and i've tried to see what mods (if they were the problem) where causing it. alas i am still having problems, has anyone else had or heard of this issue?

-P.S. how to i post a picture that i have but not through imagure and such?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99660-0-25-Adjustable-Landing-Gear-v1-0-4%28doors-fixed%29-Nov-14?p=1547104&viewfull=1#post1547104

Sooo mod look amazing for me, but I have a little, or big problem. When KSP is loading it stop at sguad/spp/wing/swept2 in 50%... I don't know exacly what can I do.

I experience a similar issue about half the time. Sometimes it hangs on load sometimes I get to the menu. But it hangs at about 80 percent. Linux 64x

EDIT: Never mind it happens without this mod too.

Edited by UAL002

That was happening to me.. I did not have the correct firespitter.dll loaded... It was a 'clean' install for testing and I had forgotten to add it....

Just make sure you have the firespitter.dll as shown in the OP...

Hope that helps.

The wheels are still tracking the motor flipped on each side, even when i flip it on SPH before.

Every time need to do a reverse motor thing after launch the vehicle. on one of the sides of gears.

But besides that, i love a lot this mod. Thank you.