Windows 8.1 are there any specific issues?

If you were running KSP 32-bit in windows before, there shouldn't be any "new" issues with Windows 8.1. I run Win 8.1 64-bit on a laptop and KSP 32-bit works just fine in that regard.

I see that computer has an AMD processor on it. You may want to peruse this thread (under the General Issues spoiler). There is an AMD specific problem, but my understanding is that it doesn't effect all AMD processors...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92228-Known-Issues-Self-Help

KSP 64-bit is a totally different animal. It's been really unstable for some people, and apparently stable for others. If you really want to run KSP 64-bit, just be aware that it might be really buggy. If you are running stock KSP, there isn't really much need to switch to 64-bit. If you are running modded KSP, many mods have known problems under 64-bit.

Cheers,

~Claw

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2014, 11:44:07, Claw said:
On 11/10/2014, 11:44:07, Claw said:

If you were running KSP 32-bit in windows before, there shouldn't be any "new" issues with Windows 8.1. I run Win 8.1 64-bit on a laptop and KSP 32-bit works just fine in that regard.

I see that computer has an AMD processor on it. You may want to peruse this thread (under the General Issues spoiler). There is an AMD specific problem, but my understanding is that it doesn't effect all AMD processors...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92228-Known-Issues-Self-Help

KSP 64-bit is a totally different animal. It's been really unstable for some people, and apparently stable for others. If you really want to run KSP 64-bit, just be aware that it might be really buggy. If you are running stock KSP, there isn't really much need to switch to 64-bit. If you are running modded KSP, many mods have known problems under 64-bit.

Cheers,

~Claw

I am also on windows 8.1 32bit I have no issues but I have a few can you please have solve them.

1.Biggest problem :since I am in windows 8 while playing ksp I can go to my desktop I can hear ksp is running in task manager I can see ksp is running but in my taskbar ksp would not show up so I have to do task manager end task and restart ksp.

2.if I do OpenGL first during the loading I see a black square blocking 1/4 of the loading screen.

3.with OpenGL sometimes If i distturb the loading to much the screen goes black.

4.running in OpenGL if the game starts I can see ksp at 1/4 screen other screen is black.

5.running in OpenGL if I go to settings or credits it would not show it up it just shows the loading screen.

1 minute ago, Curiosity7907 said:

1.Biggest problem :since I am in windows 8 while playing ksp I can go to my desktop I can hear ksp is running in task manager I can see ksp is running but in my taskbar ksp would not show up so I have to do task manager end task and restart ksp.

If you can, try running KSP in borderless window mode. You can activate that mode by creating a shortcut to KSP, edit the shortcut properties, and adding -popupwindow to the end of the command line. This will force it to start in a frameless window mode. So it will look full screen, but won't actually be full screen. Sometimes that helps with this issue.

Also, is there a reason you need to run in OpenGL? Or were you trying that as a fix? Sometimes it doesn't work so well, but depends a lot on the hardware.

1 hour ago, Claw said:

If you can, try running KSP in borderless window mode. You can activate that mode by creating a shortcut to KSP, edit the shortcut properties, and adding -popupwindow to the end of the command line. This will force it to start in a frameless window mode. So it will look full screen, but won't actually be full screen. Sometimes that helps with this issue.

Also, is there a reason you need to run in OpenGL? Or were you trying that as a fix? Sometimes it doesn't work so well, but depends a lot on the hardware.

I have to sometimes run in OpenGL because some mods might be eating-memory . without fullscreen it sucks also t lags more basically It's not clean.

I will one hour later tell what happens if I do -popupwindow yeah it worked thanks.Next OpenGL because if I have mods like astronomer's visual pack which cause the game to crash on the other hand dx11 does nothing active texture managment crashes the game itself i can't 64 but because I have not bought the game from steam.

Edited by Curiosity7907

Hi Curiosity7907, OpenGL is a feature of the Unity engine, this is not something Squad can fix and it is not supported by Squad on Windows.

Some players have had luck by running KSP normally then going back to OpenGL mode, or by using -popupwindow and a lower resolution.

But as Claw says it doesn't work well, you could try the Unity community to see if there are any workarounds or known issues with specific hardware and try updating your graphics drivers, but there really isn't anything we can do here for OpenGL issues.

7 hours ago, Curiosity7907 said:

i can't 64 but because I have not bought the game from steam.

There currently isn't an official release of 64 bit KSP for windows due to instability. I believe there is a community method for enabling the 64-bit version, but that is "at your own risk." Some people have good luck, and othere have a lot of problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem can anyone please help to fix it,

It is not a platform issue it's a normal issue:In the log I got this [Warning]: [FlightPersistence]: Vessel Spice system Debris not saved because it was debris cluttering up KSC. I docked to vessels in orbit after I got the log suddenly when I right clicked on any part of the vessel the information was showing like I was in time warp even I was not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.