[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Good find! It does look like its at least 5m. The wings stick out far enough that it would extend over a 3.75m stack. Being able to launch this configuration would be sweet.

EDIT: PROOOOOOOOOGRESS

Anyone know how to get the inside lit up better?

lpN1u2h.png

Edited by Shryq

Good find! It does look like its at least 5m. The wings stick out far enough that it would extend over a 3.75m stack. Being able to launch this configuration would be sweet.

EDIT: PROOOOOOOOOGRESS

Anyone know how to get the inside lit up better?

http://i.imgur.com/lpN1u2h.png

With textures everything will look better, right now it's just all one color. Looks pretty cool even without the textures xD

the ranger seems to have a 3.75 to 5~ adapter to let it directly fit to a decoupler or a fuel tank

http://i.imgur.com/wELegVJ.png

image taken from a trailer

Actually if that's the third stage of a futuristic updated Saturn V that's the third stage and it would be 2.5 to 3.75. Atleast in game. I think utilizing the current historic infrastructure would be easiest ie FASA. In that case it would be 2.5 to 3.75.

You only see two stage separations in the film so I think it's a 3.75m - 5m adapter.

Awesome to see the IVA in game!

I got a book about the the making of Interstellar for Christmas which has some really, really useful concept art for stuff like the Lander and the Lazarus pod. So expect some changes/beautification of existing models in the near future!

Actually if that's the third stage of a futuristic updated Saturn V that's the third stage and it would be 2.5 to 3.75. Atleast in game. I think utilizing the current historic infrastructure would be easiest ie FASA. In that case it would be 2.5 to 3.75.

Actually, Its a modified SLS

WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Edited by temporalExile

Actually, Its a modified SLS

Either here nor there, but I love how that webpage shows the whole infographic at the top, and then at the bottom of the infographic says "Warning: This infographic contains spoilers". You would think if you wanted to warn people you would put that BEFORE the infographic :D

I've been thinking of integrating all of the RCS into the main body, now that I have a better Idea of how the Unity/coding works. Would reduce the part count. Yae or nay?

Docking port could also be done in a similar manner.

I also just realized that the seats are out of proportion to the kerbals. I will probably be resizing them.

Edited by Shryq

I've been thinking of integrating all of the RCS into the main body, now that I have a better Idea of how the Unity/coding works. Would reduce the part count. Yae or nay?

Docking port could also be done in a similar manner.

I also just realized that the seats are out of proportion to the kerbals. I will probably be resizing them.

Yae!

Also, YAY! progress things!

Either here nor there, but I love how that webpage shows the whole infographic at the top, and then at the bottom of the infographic says "Warning: This infographic contains spoilers". You would think if you wanted to warn people you would put that BEFORE the infographic :D

Ah, but in their latest article they say that Chris had the intention that people took the Saturn V that's on display at the Smithsonian or Air and Space museum and refurbished it :D

Props!

Next step, Raster Prop Mod, baby!

EDIT: Scratch that. This IVA is my b****.

If someone who's good at design could help me organize the instrument panel, however, that would be great, for now they're just packed together...

And now the question is where do we want screens? and how many? I was thinking 3 for the pilot and co pilot, plus the regular instruments, and maybe a couple for the rear seats, but that's not needed at all, really.

lLusUH4.png

Edited by Shryq

Based on the image that Proot gave us:

5VJrltV.png

Just a quick layout test. I'm thinking of putting all of the important gauges next to the throttle (bottom right) and above the indicator panel(bottom left). Also, apparently the pilot is on the right side, instead of the left.

Merry belated Christmas. This is my gift to you all. =P

Edited by Shryq

I might be "late" for this, but I don't know if you know that in the "Board the Endurance" webpage (the webpage with the 3D model of Endurance) there is an interior mode for the Ranger. You can look around inside, go through it, and sit in the seat. I think this might help with the IVA, but you might have already known about this.

Awesome to see the IVA coming together like that.

I've been working on an overhaul of the ring parts to match the quality of the Ranger model and I'm pretty happy with the results so far. No textures yet, all actual surface detail. If it turns out to be too high for KSP at least I can use it for the basis of a nice normal map. Currently only the habitation and engine modules have been made so it's just the hab module duplicated around the ring.

I present the Endurance V2:

Oxxbiyn.png

Thanks! I'm basing it on the concept art in the book Interstellar: Beyond Time And Space as well as the few high-res screen caps of the Endurance which exist.

Here's the back of the model. I finally got round to making engines and such.

T0UnPln.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.