[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

How do u upload picures from your computer?

You have to upload your pictures onto a third party website. I use Imgur, which is free and very good. Just get the url to the uploaded images and paste them with the %7Boption%7D tag around it.

Anyways, I've downloaded this mod and I absolutely love it! Currently I'm on a mission to Sentar, the only cheat allowed being infinite fuel. So much fun! :D

I know a few patches back it was stated that hatches were added to modules but I still cannot get my kerbals out of the hab modules. The command module works fine but any kerbals moved into a hab module are stuck. Clicking on the door does nothing and doesn't even pop up the little tooltip under the cursor saying it is even a hatch.

When the Ranger finally comes out I will be making this

http://i.imgur.com/cFwu5ma.png

Awesome!

Oh, will the ranger have FAR values?

(ALSO: Everyone, vote for this. It's a simplistic, yet REALLY good model of the Endurance, and rider vehicles, that someone made out of lego. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/85221 )

Edited by Mekan1k

Am I the only one that still had problems with not being able to get kerbals out of the hab modules? I can transfer out of the command module but the doors on the hab modules are not clickable and any kerbals put into them are stuck forever.

You should still be able to get the kerbals out by clicking EVA on their portraits. I'm looking into the hatch unclickable bug! No idea why it's happening.

Glad you guys like the Lander! Any feedback on balance/resource levels etc etc?

The landers use quite a bit of fuel during an ssto ascent, so maybe that? I don't mind, as it's nice to have limitations, but I can see that it might be difficult to use them when escaping from eve or something, or when doing multiple shuttle flights for cargo. The RCS is a little off centre, so the lander rotates during lateral translation, but that's easily compensated for by the reaction wheels. Otherwise I'm super pumped and the endurance is in a parking orbit waiting for the rangers to be able to dock!

Edited by Cripion101

Thanks! I'm experimenting with bumping up the isp to make it Eve-orbit capable without being totally overpowered. Current setting has it reaching orbit on about a quarter of a tank - which nice as it is basically removes the need for the endurance mothership entirely as it can go literally anywhere it wants from Kerbin's surface. There is such thing as too overpowered haha!

Also, because I'm an idiot I stuck the ladders on the lander stock craft on upside down - will fix shortly.

Thanks! I'm experimenting with bumping up the isp to make it Eve-orbit capable without being totally overpowered. Current setting has it reaching orbit on about a quarter of a tank - which nice as it is basically removes the need for the endurance mothership entirely as it can go literally anywhere it wants from Kerbin's surface. There is such thing as too overpowered haha!

Also, because I'm an idiot I stuck the ladders on the lander stock craft on upside down - will fix shortly.

Benjee, by the way, since you don't appear to have read my PM, would you be interested in making a KSP cinematic?

The Rangers will be ready when Shryq has time to work on them. I don't have any control over that.

I would make a cinematic but the computer I play KSP on isn't really powerful enough to run it on high quality and screen capture at the same time. Much as I'd love to I don't think a cinematic will happen, at least from me. If anyone else wants to then that'd be brilliant though.

You can use a pass-through capture device that doesn't write to the hard disk, meaning that it doesn't slow down your computer. But they are pretty expensive.

Not that I'm trying to force you to make a cinematic. I would never be so....cunning

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.