[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Hi there, I used to play KSP all the time but I have forgotten most of what I learned, and I have only recently got back into it. For some reason, when I download this mod, only the Ranger parts show up in my VAB and hangar. What is the correct and proper way to move the files into my KSP folders so that I may use the Endurance and Landers as well? I use a mac if that changes anything.

Thanks, I absolutely love using the Ranger and Interstellar was easily one of the best movies I have ever seen. Also, another question, is there a hot-key enabled to toggle the lift engine? It seems a bit hard for me to right click and disengage engines one by one, especially when trying to land somewhere...it leads to very bad things :( RIP kerbals :'(

To install the mod move the Gamedata folder from the .zip file (or whatever you have) into the KSP folder. To move in the ships, take out the ships file from the .zip and put it in your KSP directory.

And about the "hotkey", just assign the action groups in the settings to different keys, and put the "toggle engine" in the VAB to one of them.

If you need further help, please look at these two articles from the wiki: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Mods http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Action_groups

This probably isn't help for or anything but I decided to make some renders of the mod images on the front page. https://imgur.com/a/sgYDQ just wanted to say also, I really love this mod, thanks for creating it

https://imgur.com/a/sgYDQ

Those are some very nice pics KazanNinja! If you put in [imgur] and then sgYDQ with no spaces and do [imgur] again it'll create an album on the page so everyone doesn't have to copy and paste it in. Hope this helps!

Edited by Chezburgar7300

Anyone got any tips for landing the Ranger and Lander? I love this Mod and would really like to land without blowing up. Oh, and I'm all for a stack adapter for the Ranger and Lander as well...brilliant Idea billbobjebkirk.

If it is OK with you guys, I am looking to make a mod with a wormhole to the system in Interstellar, Along with the planets that can a) kill you, B) look freaking awesome, and c) make reenactments more fun.

-Icklewiwi

Well, I'm sure K can make the Interstellar planets but not a wormhole... hey guys can I make the Interstellar planets? Uf course I can't make huge waves but I could still make a giant black holelike Gargantua with particles and whatnot.... can I help?

Well, I'm sure K can make the Interstellar planets but not a wormhole... hey guys can I make the Interstellar planets? Uf course I can't make huge waves but I could still make a giant black holelike Gargantua with particles and whatnot.... can I help?

I'm really good with KopernicusTech. If you supply me with the textures for the planets I'm positive I could get them to work. :)

Of course, if you want to do handle this yourself that's perfectly fine.

Anyone got any tips for landing the Ranger and Lander? I love this Mod and would really like to land without blowing up. Oh, and I'm all for a stack adapter for the Ranger and Lander as well...brilliant Idea billbobjebkirk.

For the ranger and Lander without a payload, usually when I drop below the cloud level I turn on the vtol engines and turn off the main engines, then pitch up a bit and use the vtols to slow h.velocity. get it close enough to zero and you just have to be quick on the throttle to land safely.

For landing a payload though I use mechjeb land assist while controlling from the Lander's topside docking port. I have the bottom port set to undock on an action group, and when I use the land assist I set the speed to about .2m/s, so that when the payload gets about a foot above the ground I can safely drop it without actually landing the Lander itself on top of the payload.

---

Also, I would love to see a Kopernicus Gargantua system. Even just the black hole by itself would be awesome.

VTOL and landing gear(ranger only)...

Favorit mod, definitely, just a few nit-picks

-I'd consider renaming the robot in the Ranger SCOT instead of SCOTT since all the robots in the movie had 4 letter names, TARS, CASE, KIPP

-The Ranger needs a better interior view, but you know that

- I'd like it if the Ranger had better aerodynamics, I really want to make it like in the movie where I can glide really far and make very tight circle manuvers

-The lander is a bit too white, in the movie it had gray legs https://itdoesnthavetoberight.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/lander.jpg

-Endurance x4 physics issue, again, you're aware of that

-I put the Endurance into orbit, and shortly after I lost UI control, I couldn't got back to the space center and when I restarted the game, all flights were destroyed and I couldn't access any of the buildings, IDK how it happened but it's what happened to me

-Assembly instructions for the Endurance would help

-The massive trail of fire on the Ranger engines isnot like the movie, I'm sure you could just apply the same lander/endurance white/blue effect somewhat easily so it matches the movie

-A hard point for the lander docking port would make me feel really nice

Other than those, I love this mod, I think the spacecraft are very balanced for their roles and designs, maybe the Ranger VTOL engine is a tad powerful but I suck at transferring from flight mode to hover made so it helps, otherwise I'm amazed by how accurate you made it to the movie in terms of 3D modeling and details, keep up the work mate

Favorit mod, definitely, just a few nit-picks

-I'd consider renaming the robot in the Ranger SCOT instead of SCOTT since all the robots in the movie had 4 letter names, TARS, CASE, KIPP

I suggested way back when they were first starting on the IVAs that they should be SCOT and KURT

Remember to flare out while trying to land VTOl - kill translational velocity first and then descend

Black-Hound-105: Thanks for the advice, the UI thing is a game problem, the mod includes craft files and yeah

Heisfirst: The ranger has way enough fuel for that, its just that flying it might be a little tricky right now since the aerodynamics isn't perfect'

Updated the Lazarus Lander a bit

- Added Solar Panels, Fixed some nodes, added flags, fixed hatch

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i0lihunko4u7uh9/AABqmrF3LtBRsmj4Eonrmslca?dl=0

FVaJ8dd.jpg

Edited by xxhansonmaxx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.