[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Go ahead! It'd be good to have some more variety than just science and habitat cargo pods.

Alright!

First, make Storage Containers. They should support KAS and have 200 KAS capacity. They should be about the size of a slandered KAS box, but longer so Kerbals can carry them.

You should have one Science inflatable, shaped like a barrack. It should be white, with no windows. It also should have a "Lights On" button (in right click) to make it glow. It should have 4 Kerbal capacity once inflated and should work the same as the large lab. It should take up 150 KAS spaces.

There should also be a Habitation inflatable again shaped like the barrack above. Same thing with the lights. 100 KAS spaces and 22 Kerbal capacity when inflated.

Also, a Cube module that is again inflatable for storage. It should be able to hold 5000 KAS. It should take up 50 KAS spaces. All of these should only be able to be stored when deflated.

That's all I have, probably because I'm tired. I'll give you more ideas later!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Lazarus pods would be super cool!

I also think this would be hard, but if you could do it:

Make a module that is tiny (when deflated, about the size of a KAS container) but can hold 50 Kerbals in each one (The Embryo Module in the movie).

When a Kerbal uses KAS to transport them, the module gets activated.

Then, you would switch to the now active module and click on a door (hatch).

Then, click EVA.

Clicking EVA will inflate into a giant module shaped like this but the bottom would not be curved.

Then wait for one year for the Kerbals to grow.

One Kerbal year later, switch back there and click the hatch again.

You have up to 50 Kerbals!

More details:

In the VAB, you can choose how many Kerbals you want.

It is its own KAS module.

Can be used as a habitat.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, using the Barrack idea, you could make one Greenhouse inflatable.

For the base module(s), you should have a working airlock (see IXS Enterprise mod's command module). It would also be nice if it had KAS integration, along with an IVA similar to Dr. Mann's base.

Edit: and a large flag would also be great.

Awesome video! The sheer effort that went into make this film seem so physical and realistic is just incredible.

I'll see what I can do about those different modules but can't make any promises since I'm a noob at Unity and KSP modding in general. Certainly I can add some Hab pods and KAS container things though, although it may be better to wait on the KAS compatibility since it seems that KIS will supersede it soon.

Awesome video! The sheer effort that went into make this film seem so physical and realistic is just incredible.

I'll see what I can do about those different modules but can't make any promises since I'm a noob at Unity and KSP modding in general. Certainly I can add some Hab pods and KAS container things though, although it may be better to wait on the KAS compatibility since it seems that KIS will supersede it soon.

Well, I'm clueless as well, but as long as the ideas are written down somewhere, then it's a success.

KIS seems cool, my CPU is broken so I can't try it.

Just remember that I am here and I follow this thread, so if you need ideas, just PM me or post here!

I made an album of the Lander and Ranger Exteriors. I'll start working on the Ranger and Lander Interiors, Ill also get some Endurance Exteriors and some Interiors. (Thank you ionif for the video)

Ranger Lander EX: https://imgur.com/a/DNSBv

Ranger Lander IN: https://imgur.com/a/LCMyO

Endurance EX: https://imgur.com/a/HKt0U

Endurance IN-Nav: https://imgur.com/a/ISRF6

Endurance IN-Hab: https://imgur.com/a/BZacW

Endurance IN-Cryo:https://imgur.com/a/Ezf9S

Also for the landing pods for the lander. I think they might be the small pods on the inside on the top of the modules like this.

7b55bc9fde.png

And again for the Lander engines, it looks a bit more skewed and extends farther down

Edited by KazanNinja

My CPU is still broken, but I now have planes for ECV-01 "Alic".

Destination:

Eve.

Mission Number:

Objective:

Set up Mini Eve Colony and Outpost.

(I draw out mission plans since my CPU broke. It broke 2 months ago, and I have 40 pages of mission plans and craft plans)...

Could the Lander bring 1 ton of cargo to Eve and make it back into orbit?

Is One Command module, Four Logistic modules, Four Fuel modules w/ Four Plasma rockets, Three habitat modules, Two Science addons, Seven KAS/Base addons, Two Landers, Two Rangers and 10 ComSats enough?

Is that too much?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, here are the plans for the craft:

PHlOhbg.png

And all missions with EVCs (Endurance Class Vehicles) so far:

ZGGkrhi.png?1

Edited by DMSP
Rotating photo

Very cool man. I have the Bluray with a lot of extras, let me know if you need some more ref pics of all the in an out parts.

Will be happy to help.

Cheers and get work!

:D

Edited by Climberfx

How many parts is the ranger? The endurance? The lander?

how many parts are there in the mod?

Ranger:

-Body

-Left gear

-Right gear

-Forward RCS

-Middle RCS

-Aft RCS

-Aft gear

-Lift engine

-Left engine

-Right engine

Lander:

-Body

-Lift engine

Endurance:

-Ring

-Command module

-Hab module

-Logistics module

-Fuel module

-Engine

-Science package

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.