[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Love the colonization modules... but one thing, I can't get my Kerbals out of the mobile hab module once they enter in. I do have some mods installed, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem

YEP nvm, got it to work, I think it was just a mission problem or something

Edited by KazanNinja

Mini Ranger anyone?

PJQUtYl.png

3.75m adapter is also done but needs a bit of texture work.

The Lander should fly fine with a payload in VTOL mode - you need to keep the throttle low when in horizontal flight though or it'll flip out. Not much can be done about that, sadly :/

Over powered is the RW from the movie (interstellar), when it dock spinning and then with an of centered trust, go forward instead of keept spinning like crazy. (After the explosion on it). That's for sure is over power.

Benjee,

Well done! Definitely in my top 5 KSP mods of all time. Thanks for all your work.

tSO

Wow! Thanks! Welcome to the forums!

Over powered is the RW from the movie (interstellar), when it dock spinning and then with an of centered trust, go forward instead of keept spinning like crazy. (After the explosion on it). That's for sure is over power.

I'll test out some different RW power configs.

Mini Ranger anyone?

http://i.imgur.com/PJQUtYl.png

3.75m adapter is also done but needs a bit of texture work.

The Lander should fly fine with a payload in VTOL mode - you need to keep the throttle low when in horizontal flight though or it'll flip out. Not much can be done about that, sadly :/

Does the adapter fit 2 rangers? Can u also make a 5m one?

The 3.75m one fits one Ranger, the 5m will fit 2.

Test fly the Mini-Ranger.

5CZOGTi.png

I've decided against VTOL capabilities. Since it's so small and light it doesn't need VTOL, it can just glide to a runway landing. Adding a VTOL engine just adds a huge extra layer of complexity to the parts and getting the balance right etc. etc.

Still needs thrust effects/emissives.

Should the Mini-Ranger be a 1-seater or a 2-seater? I think it's a 2-seater in the movie, with TARS taking up one of the spots. Would you rather have it with 1 seat and a robot or 2 seats? IVA next.

Should the Mini-Ranger be a 1-seater or a 2-seater? I think it's a 2-seater in the movie, with TARS taking up one of the spots. Would you rather have it with 1 seat and a robot or 2 seats? IVA next.

Like what Climberfx said, it should be a one seater. The second seat is really for TARS, so a second Kerbal would just seem weird to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.